Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6242

DeathUnlimited wrote:

As long as it stays arcade like BF2, yay! If it tries to be the next reality shooter (CoD like) I won't be happy.
Amen. Fuckin' amen.

Make it play like BF2, look like Crysis, and build it like CoD4.
Fun, sexy, and bug-free.
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6491|Polish state of EU

AussieReaper wrote:

Chorcai wrote:

I don't know... me thinks they will fucks it up's
No, they won't do that till they start patching it.
You know, if DICE guys had the same point of view as you, they would do only console games, where nobodys whinning and there is no piracy...
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
And http://twitter.com/BattlefieldHQ

We can confirm that Battlefield 3 is currently in development but at this stage we have no further comments to add.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
Sweet. Hope its good

Personally, I hope they spend plenty of time on it, make it a fantastic game. I'd rather a great game 3 months later than a shite game 1 month early.
By jesus, if they fuck this up, i will rape them in the ass
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5564|Dublin, Ireland
For it to be as successful as BF2 was, the game needs to be the following;

Modern Warfare

Arcade style

Vast maps featuring numerous vehicles

Ranking system similar to BF2

Receive support for the mod and competitive scene
What I would like to see implemented, but not necessarily necessary for the game to be a success;
Better net-code than BF2. The game should feel like the recent CoD series, however it should not feel fake and cartoon-like like games such as Counter Strike.

Ingame chat & friends system

Ingame music player

Limit admins power of their servers, an admin should not have the right to simply ban somebody on 'accusations' or similar reasons. A properly run warning system would even work, where EA/Dice actually respond and get in contact with the server providers.

Don't make it like Crysis, oh please don't! The majority of BF-series gamers have med-low end PC's as the game does not require amazing specifications - don't have us waste our money on high-end products.

Last edited by Oisín | Irishpride (2009-06-11 04:52:10)

Chorcai
+49|6618|Ireland

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Chorcai wrote:

I don't know... me thinks they will fucks it up's
You know, if DICE guys had the same point of view as you, they would do only console games, where nobodys whinning and there is no piracy...
I agree with both of ye.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned

Chorcai wrote:

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

I agree with both of ye.
He lives on.
Sambuccashake
+126|6580|Sweden

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Sambuccashake wrote:

Finally!!!!

They tested and learned a looot of good stuff from 2142 so I'm quite certain that BF3 will be the FPS that will rule all!
2142 is fucking shite?
Balance is superior
Med packs and ammo packs work like they should
APM's work in a good way
No über powerful vehicles
Squad play makes you rank up faster

I believe they made a lot of progress that should be introduced in BF3.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Sambuccashake wrote:

Balance is superior
Med packs and ammo packs work like they should
APM's work in a good way
No über powerful vehicles
Squad play makes you rank up faster

I believe they made a lot of progress that should be introduced in BF3.
I agree. There were a lot of subtle improvements in 2142.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Better be PC exclusive...

And everyone claiming BC2 is BF3 can now shut the fuck up... you're wrong, you always were wrong and you always will be wrong.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6242

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

For it to be as successful as BF2 was, the game needs to be the following;

Modern Warfare

Arcade style

Vast maps featuring numerous vehicles

Ranking system similar to BF2

Receive support for the mod and competitive scene
What I would like to see implemented, but not necessarily necessary for the game to be a success;
Better net-code than BF2. The game should feel like the recent CoD series, however it should not feel fake and cartoon-like like games such as Counter Strike.

Ingame chat & friends system

Ingame music player

Limit admins power of their servers, an admin should not have the right to simply ban somebody on 'accusations' or similar reasons. A properly run warning system would even work, where EA/Dice actually respond and get in contact with the server providers.

Don't make it like Crysis, oh please don't! The majority of BF-series gamers have med-low end PC's as the game does not require amazing specifications - don't have us waste our money on high-end products.
Fair post. Concerning the net code part- can you please elaborate?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma

xBlackPantherx wrote:

It better fucking be modern day. Like actually modern day. Not where everyone is just using M4's and Mp7's. I want something like PoE except even more modern. At the very least: Mobile artillery, mortars maybe, new vehicles, a way larger assortment of weapons/items-something like 2142 would be great- and just up-to-date everything. Not up-to-date as in 5+ years ago. Maybe they should start watching futureweapons, some of the older episodes that has things that have been deployed.

Some of these would just be

The osprey (helicopter plane) would be fantastic. It's modern day, been deployed, has a modern day 2142 feel (attack ship).
A lot of the stuff is modern day, they still use M16's in Iraq, the F35 is only just coming out of production, same with the J10.

Fat_Swinub wrote:

And http://twitter.com/BattlefieldHQ

We can confirm that Battlefield 3 is currently in development but at this stage we have no further comments to add.
So basically the douchebag at EA wasn't meant to let slip that BF3 is in the works. DICE have to confirm it, but not expand on it. GJ team.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405

lol BF2 was the most demanding game of 2005 what are you talking about
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK

Fat_Swinub wrote:

lol BF2 was the most demanding game of 2005 what are you talking about
maybe, but considering nearly all infantry players play on low-med graphics and most conquest players don't even play on all super high, an uber pc is hardly needed to run the game
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5467|England

War Man wrote:

As I said, BC2 is the BF3 SO QUIT WHINING "I WANT MY BF3" I AM GETTING FUCKING TIRED OF IT, I REALLY HATE SEEING THE VERY THING "BF3" NOW.

War Man wrote:

The only bf3 your thinking of is bc2, all those rumors of bf3 was actually about bc2. There will not be a battlefield game with the 3(unless it is a different game outside the battlefield franchise) as bf 2 has the 2 only because it uses the second engine of the franchise
lol
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned

SamBo:D wrote:

War Man wrote:

As I said, BC2 is the BF3 SO QUIT WHINING "I WANT MY BF3" I AM GETTING FUCKING TIRED OF IT, I REALLY HATE SEEING THE VERY THING "BF3" NOW.

War Man wrote:

The only bf3 your thinking of is bc2, all those rumors of bf3 was actually about bc2. There will not be a battlefield game with the 3(unless it is a different game outside the battlefield franchise) as bf 2 has the 2 only because it uses the second engine of the franchise
lol
Owned.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6118|San Antonio, Texas
War Man, if I'm not mistaken, BF2 and BF 1942 share the same engine, modified of course, but essentially they both use ReFractor 2. Codename Eagle used the first ever ReFractor engine, prior to 1942.

Btw, I'm pumped.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2009-06-11 08:13:25)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Maybe it'll be a tad like the very original video of Bad Company, where it looked like BF2 but on graphical steroids and had better vehicle destruction and stuff.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6528|Hungary
kool
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6331|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
i just hope its not made for consoles and then ported over to PC
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5581|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
They should give the air transport better weapons.

Rockets and good miniguns would be great.

Hopefully it will be EPIC.
Zukabazuka
+23|6655
If there are gonna be jets, I want to se something usefull against them or them being support power that SL calls in. Right now its pretty much uber to be in if you know how to fly and any resistance is very weak against you.

Better be PC exlusive. Also I'm sure it will use their new engine for BF3. So people playing on old PCs might need to upgrade. The question is now if I should buy BC2 or wait for BF3.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5581|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

Zukabazuka wrote:

If there are gonna be jets, I want to se something usefull against them or them being support power that SL calls in. Right now its pretty much uber to be in if you know how to fly and any resistance is very weak against you.

Better be PC exlusive. Also I'm sure it will use their new engine for BF3. So people playing on old PCs might need to upgrade. The question is now if I should buy BC2 or wait for BF3.
I think either a separate AA kit or an AA option for the AT type kit would be good.

If they did this it would be funny if they made stinger launchers unable to be used effectively by the other team like they are IRL.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

BF3 will likely be different to BFBC2 in that it'll be multiplayer only, online or against bots whereas BFBC2 has a campaign as well. So most effort will be but into a multiplayer game rather than single player. I'm hoping they'll use the Frostbite engine or maybe an improved engine of that with full destruction, and also using laser designators and stuff. Character customisation would be good as well.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6096|So Cal
BF#? I think I just wet my pants.

... again.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard