Ryan
+1,230|6852|Alberta, Canada

FFLink wrote:

I was told that a lot of the bugs in the beta have already been fixed, but the beta submitted was delayed so it's an older version. Something to do with Microsoft.

Not sure if it's true, but they're going to fix these things. They did it in the Alpha.
Exactly. That's what everyone seems to miss. They take the beta as being the final version of the game b/c it's so close to October 25th, causing people to automatically deny BF3 and get MW3 instead, which imo is just another version of MW2.
They won't have people falling through the map and other glitches in the final game. They will have better graphics and more destruction as well.

Last edited by Ryan (2011-10-02 16:02:41)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6473|cuntshitlake

nothing can fix the fact that frostbite is a fundamentally broken, sluggish and terrible engine.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Ryan

DUnlimited wrote:

nothing can fix the fact that frostbite is a fundamentally broken, sluggish and terrible engine.
Yea but I quite enjoyed BC2 on Frostbite 1.5 or whatever. I don't see what's so bad about it.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6473|cuntshitlake

the feel of games based on most widely used engines like quake, unreal, even dice's refractor is completely different. older games like cod series, bf2, they feel light and smooth, whereas newer games like bc2, moh, blops all have this terrible, heavy feel to them. gameplay aside they just feel incomplete and raw. their graphics, netcode, physics all feel laggy and inconsistent

much of this can be explained by consolization. consoles dont need a good, sharp netcode because of how the game hosting is handled. consoles don't need sharp feel to the graphics because they are locked to 24/30 fps anyways and controller aiming doesn't require the kind of sharpness mouse aiming does etc.

It's just a shame because no matter how good they could make the gameplay, it'll still feel terrible because the core on the back is terrible.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702
The worst part are the trees that sway like they are bobbing vertically on water.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6351|Atlanta, Georgia
No servers?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6746|Oxferd Ohire
nope

:\
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Ryan

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

wtf servers.

maybe they are patching for an upgrade.

all servers to switch to Caspian Border
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ryan

AussieReaper wrote:

wtf servers.

maybe they are patching for an upgrade.

all servers to switch to Caspian Border
That would be sweet. They should have made the default map Caspian right from the get go. I hope they let us play in on the console version.
jmsprovan
+18|5821|Alba

DUnlimited wrote:

the feel of games based on most widely used engines like quake, unreal, even dice's refractor is completely different. older games like cod series, bf2, they feel light and smooth, whereas newer games like bc2, moh, blops all have this terrible, heavy feel to them. gameplay aside they just feel incomplete and raw. their graphics, netcode, physics all feel laggy and inconsistent

much of this can be explained by consolization. consoles dont need a good, sharp netcode because of how the game hosting is handled. consoles don't need sharp feel to the graphics because they are locked to 24/30 fps anyways and controller aiming doesn't require the kind of sharpness mouse aiming does etc.

It's just a shame because no matter how good they could make the gameplay, it'll still feel terrible because the core on the back is terrible.
it is more to do with the current trend of realism within games than an affect of the engine, people want "realism" and that means that soldiers are not Olympic marathon runners who can turn 720 in a fraction of a second.

Although it can also be negated by shoving mouse sensitivity and yaw really high.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6142|Scotland!

jmsprovan wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

it is more to do with the current trend of realism within games than an affect of the engine, people want "realism" and that means that soldiers are not Olympic marathon runners who can turn 720 in a fraction of a second.
DUnlimited is right, it's not to do with realism, it's just sluggish, unresponsive, random and not fun to play - like most console FPS games.
Roc18
`
+655|5800|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
"realism" = ruining what makes games fun

You see that in the form of sniper glint and sluggish gameplay in this piece of shit game.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6473|cuntshitlake

you are completely misunderstanding my point here. the faults i am talking about are not intentional additions, they are faults in the game engine.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6142|Scotland!

Roc18 wrote:

You see that in the form of sniper glint and sluggish gameplay in this piece of shit game.
sniper glint is one of the best things ever to happen to a battlefield game.
Roc18
`

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Implying you like to be blinded constantly like you're staring into the sun.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6473|cuntshitlake

Roc18 wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

thats the retarded flashlights, not sniper glint
Roc18
`

DUnlimited wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

It's still gay. I don't think any sensible army would use sniper scopes that give away position that easily. That's my point. They try to implement "realism" and end up fucking up the game.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6142|Scotland!

Roc18 wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

It's still gay. I don't think any sensible army would use sniper scopes that give away position that easily. That's my point. They try to implement "realism" and end up fucking up the game.
Are you stupid? glints are the only thing stopping snipers from being essentially invisible, do you want to play against invisible snipers?
Roc18
`

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Are you stupid? glints are the only thing stopping snipers from being essentially invisible, do you want to play against invisible snipers?
>Snipers
>Intended to be visible

Pick fucking one. There's something that defines snipers and that's called stealth.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6142|Scotland!

Roc18 wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

>Snipers
>Intended to be visible

Pick fucking one. There's something that defines snipers and that's called stealth.
in gaming, there's something that defines snipers - HUGE DAMAGE

>HUGE DAMAGE
>INVISIBILITY

pick fucking one, you'd be retarded to expect both
Roc18
`

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

>Snipers
>Intended to be visible

>HUGE DAMAGE
>INVISIBILITY

I remember in Battlefield 2142 which was a much better fucking game had an actual CLOAKING DEVICE for Recon/Snipers.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6142|Scotland!

Roc18 wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

>Snipers
>Intended to be visible

>HUGE DAMAGE
>INVISIBILITY

I remember in Battlefield 2142 which was a much better fucking game had an actual CLOAKING DEVICE for Recon/Snipers.
I remember battlefield 2142, it's that game nobody plays because it was shit and retarded
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6507

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I remember battlefield 2142
General in a day, am i right?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard