Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6328|Australia
Interesting tidbits from Demize99's twitter page:

Q: nice revive option. does this mean no revive immunity as well, as it's your own fault for accepting in stupid places?
A: No immunity, and a reduced spawn time if you get instakilled on revive, since you already went down once.

Q: Hey can you explain how the squad leader is chosen please? :-)
A: He's the guy who creates the squad.
Q: He stays SL until he gives it up too? There is a youtube video saying it switches the SL around to different squad mates.
A: He stays until he leaves.

Q: Hi i pre-ordered your new game, but i noticed in video it has this 3d spot cone .. do you guys encourage aim assist/wallhack ?
A: The spotting system is still going through revisions.

Q: Is the recoil random animation or the same each time? Thanks.
A: It's a mix of random and predictable. Different guns have different random deltas and directions for "personality."
Q: I like the feel of the recoil in Fault Line, reminds me of BF2142. Keep it that way or more. Love BF2142s recoil!
A: The recoil is very much in line with 2142's style.

Q: Can you confirm that this information is correct about the knife in BF3? http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Knife#Battlefield_3
A: Not entirely correct, yet not far off either.

Q: Will snipers have bipods as well?
A: Yes snipers can get bipods.

Q: Sniper optics flashing from the sun is confirmed, will they always flash or will it depend on the location of the player and sun?
A: It's a gameplay balancing feature, so the flash is generally present when the sniper is aimed DIRECTLY at you. Only high zoom scope

Q: Why not allow for grenade cooking? It can be incredibly useful for killing guys in hard-to-reach places like roofs or balconies.
A: I want grenades to make people move out of cover not kill. Cooked grenades allow people to kill much easier. Use bullets plz.

Q: Regarding the opting in/ out of revives will it default to opt in when you go down, or would we have to choose either option?
A: You chose by getting up to accept (you're prone after revive) or by holding Use to opt out. If you are killed immediately it's opt out

Also -
Today's adventure: Swedish Police shooting range with an MP5 and Sig226.

^Possible weapons for BF3?
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6512|Gold Coast
I dont like the fact that you cant cook grenades. Thats a bit gay.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock

KuSTaV wrote:

I dont like the fact that you cant cook grenades. Thats a bit gay.
spose they wanted to address the nade spam though I guess.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone
Who ever spammed with cooked grenades?
Adams_BJ

DrunkFace wrote:

Who ever spammed with cooked grenades?
I dunno he just said in the twitter quote he wanted people to use grenades to get enemies out of hiding, and kill people with bullets. v0v
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California
Do soldiers have the balls to cook grenades? You'd think with all that adrenaline and fighting you could miscount or not keep track of time properly. I donno, I wouldn't risk it.

In Bf2 and other games cooking grenades was never an issue, in fact, it was more effective getting enemies out of cover (read: dead) than uncooked ones, so that twitter update makes 0 sense.

It was the spamming of non-cooked nades that was a problem.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
You couldn't cook grenades in BF2, or any BF game for that matter.

Cooking grenades is huge in Call of Duties. And in the CoD game, it meant that you could throw a grenade at a guy and it would explode before he could have a chance to get away from it.

The problem with grenades in BF2 was that you carried 4 at a time and it was difficult to tell if a grenade was near by, so it was easy to spam lots of them and also easy to not notice one if it lands near you.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

bf2 does not have grenade cooking. And cod games have shown that the possibility to cook nades is a horrible idea.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
scope flashing?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

Reciprocity wrote:

scope flashing?
Means you get a glint of sunlight from the scope when it is aimed directly at you, to giveaway their position.

Maybe that means the kill-cam isn't going to be so obvious?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Do soldiers have the balls to cook grenades?
yep, and they do
CC-Marley
+407|6829
hate kill cams
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California
Whatever happened to dying and looking straight up à la BF2/2142?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Reciprocity

Jaekus wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

scope flashing?
Means you get a glint of sunlight from the scope when it is aimed directly at you, to giveaway their position.

Maybe that means the kill-cam isn't going to be so obvious?
know what it means.... just wondering why.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria
Don't snipers use lens covers, which shields light from the side, to prevent such reflections?
A reflection by directly looking at a sniper rifle's scope is impossible anyway, as the light source (sun) would need to be directly behind the target.
Adams_BJ

globefish23 wrote:

Don't snipers use lens covers, which shields light from the side, to prevent such reflections?
A reflection by directly looking at a sniper rifle's scope is impossible anyway, as the light source (sun) would need to be directly behind the target.
dont be so logical
Reciprocity

globefish23 wrote:

they're called ARDs(anti reflective devices).  Hell, even duct tape can be used to minimize reflection.  Whatever, it's a "gameplay balancing feature", wouldn't want to upset the fucking medic whores.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

globefish23 wrote:

The ejection port will be on the right side, not need to panic.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

globefish23 wrote:

Lenses typically have curved surfaces, its how they work.

Also you'll see light glinting off the ejected empties, whichever side the port is on.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6469
It doesn't need to be realistic. It serves an important purpose, it let's you know some coward is trying to snipe you.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

It doesn't need to be realistic. It serves an important purpose, it let's you know some coward is trying to snipe you.
tell us more
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6469
Well, usm is some loser who trolls on a the shambling reanimated corpse gaming forum, but when he's the one being trolled he runs crying to the mods.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2011-06-20 10:06:32)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio

Well, usm is some losers who trolls on a gaming forum, but when he's the one being trolled he runs crying to the mods.
tell us more
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

Or for a sniper on your side, saving your ass from that LMG suppressing you.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6469
Not really much more to tell.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard