BVC
+325|6703
Its still possible to dolphin dive in BF2.
jaydevil2003
+2|6337|CANADA

Pubic wrote:

Its still possible to dolphin dive in BF2.
true, but, not to the extent that is was before.  Where as I can understand that you can jump in the air and dive for cover just as in RL.  I don't think that you could fly accross a football field 3 ft in the air in the a prone position (as with the macroed prone jump spam dolphin diving.)
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

Tracer darts and man-portable AA are a must...
Vector
Missing in Action
+6|5543|Cerbere Landing
They could just make the physics similar to 2142 or BC2 so that bunny hopping is pointless. As for dolphin-diving, well... Medics need the Revive Dive™ <3
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6572|Area 51

Ilocano wrote:

Fuck tracer darts. Wire guided AT ftw.

Go portable AA.

Last edited by RDMC (2010-09-13 12:59:58)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

RDMC wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Go portable AA.
AT4 on BC2 and wire guided AT on BF2 are PIA to use.
RDMC
+736|6572|Area 51

Ilocano wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Go portable AA.
AT4 on BC2 and wire guided AT on BF2 are PIA to use.
Guess you mean pain in the ass? Well I never thought of them being hard to use at all. Plus it adds just a bit of balance to the game, because instead of just blind firing in the sky and letting the tracer do the rest, you now actually have to expose yourself which give the tankers the opportunity to actually kill you.
jaydevil2003
+2|6337|CANADA
Wire guided are good.  I have to agree with RDMC on this I never thought them being hard to use either.  Well balanced and no complaints IMHO>
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6700
Tracer darts should just tag a vehicle as spotted until that vehicle is destroyed.
RDMC
+736|6572|Area 51

jaydevil2003 wrote:

Wire guided are good.  I have to agree with RDMC on this I never thought them being hard to use either.  Well balanced and no complaints IMHO>
Plus the 'beep beep beep' tone that the wired guided missle gave in BF2 could drive tankers insane lol.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6389|the land of bourbon
would be nice if tanks could be outfitted with anti-AT systems similar to the trophy anti-RPG system.  then they could really beef up the AT rockets and make it much more realistic.  infy would actually have to use ambush tactics as opposed to spraying rockets, and they would carry much fewer preventing all the spamming.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
thepilot91
+64|6243|Åland!

steelie34 wrote:

would be nice if tanks could be outfitted with anti-AT systems similar to the trophy anti-RPG system.  then they could really beef up the AT rockets and make it much more realistic.  infy would actually have to use ambush tactics as opposed to spraying rockets, and they would carry much fewer preventing all the spamming.
sounds like: PR ftl
GullyFoyle
+25|5394
DICE should make up for the VOIP fail in BFBC2 by implementing a Mumble-style positional audio in BF3.  You should be able to yell to the guys around you, as well as get on a private radio channel with your squad, wherever they are located.
Of course the option to mute individuals would then be required, too.
RDMC
+736|6572|Area 51

GullyFoyle wrote:

DICE should make up for the VOIP fail in BFBC2 by implementing a Mumble-style positional audio in BF3.  You should be able to yell to the guys around you, as well as get on a private radio channel with your squad, wherever they are located.
As much as it would improve gameplay for non-clanners. I rather have them focus on proper gameplay than some upgraded version of VOIP.
GullyFoyle
+25|5394
Check out comments in Gustav Halling's (a Gamepley designer at DICE) BLOG, about BF3, made late last year.

http://www.gustavhalling.com/2009/08/30/new-tv/
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6446|King Of The Islands

RDMC wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

As much as it would improve gameplay for non-clanners. I rather have them focus on proper gameplay than some upgraded version of VOIP.
Actually being able to communicate with other people in the game doesn't constitute proper gameplay?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6113|eXtreme to the maX
Its really annoying having 13yr olds in your ear saying 'Look out! Behind you! Not you, YOU! Too late!'
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
jaydevil2003
+2|6337|CANADA
they did have the right idea though when the tried to impliement the VIOP.  It just didn't go over as well as it could have.  I think that there should be a a way to for all players to communicate with your squad, commander AND team.  It would be nice if others(enemy and friendly) could hear you if they are in the radius of the speaker.  But, im just talking aout loud with my wishful thinking.  Maybe, just get teh existing system to work properly first. On a side note the commander should be muted just like any other team member for spot spamming.  Just a thought.
GullyFoyle
+25|5394
Check out the comments from Gustav Halling, a gameplay designer at DICE, about the radios in BFBC2:  Vietnam:

Gustav wrote:

September 24, 2010 at 15:42
The music plays for everyone in reach, really cool when flying in with the HUEY helicopter
The mechanism implemented for radios could just as easily apply to each players voice.
RDMC
+736|6572|Area 51

Cheez wrote:

RDMC wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

Actually being able to communicate with other people in the game doesn't constitute proper gameplay?
By gameplay I was thinking more along the lines of smooth movement, proper hitreg and such. Being able to communicate to people would actually be an improvement in the game experience, not gameplay IMO. Because honestly, all you need for pub is a squad that actually follows you and works with you, don't think you need fancy VOIP for that.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5516|America
How about they do both?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Whatever happens, if BF3's modern, I hope they restore Blackhawks to their vanilla glory.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Whatever happens, if BF3's modern, I hope they restore Blackhawks to their vanilla glory.
As long as we can shoot them down as easily as we do on BC2, no problem at all about restoring the BH to it's original glory.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Could shoot them down easily in BF2. RPG's, AA, APC's, tanks, helicopters, LMG's and jets were all counters. The Blackhawks were used all the time as transports and air support because of this, and now they're mostly one-use A-to-B transports that abandoned by the pilot once he gets to where he wants to go.

It made NO sense whatsoever to nerf the Blackhawks but let the MEC keep their stupid auto-nade chopper which is infinitely more dangerous.
RDMC
+736|6572|Area 51

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Could shoot them down easily in BF2. RPG's, AA, APC's, tanks, helicopters, LMG's and jets were all counters. The Blackhawks were used all the time as transports and air support because of this, and now they're mostly one-use A-to-B transports that abandoned by the pilot once he gets to where he wants to go.

It made NO sense whatsoever to nerf the Blackhawks but let the MEC keep their stupid auto-nade chopper which is infinitely more dangerous.
Just like the F35B for some time was pretty much a get from point A to point B transport lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard