.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6833|Marathon, Florida Keys

Jay wrote:

Jesus wept. All this post told me is that you need to get a life.
I daresay i have more of a life than you do and I'd still like a game that takes talent to be good at instead of boring dumbed down everyone-equal-no-matter-how-long-you-play pussy shit
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6492

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Jay wrote:

I daresay i have more of a life than you do and I'd still like a game that takes talent to be good at instead of boring dumbed down everyone-equal-no-matter-how-long-you-play pussy shit
I wouldn't call what BF2 was skill but okay.

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Jay wrote:

up too the EA welfare patches it was
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6492

Well I mean, it was really difficult to kill people with pre-patch jets, grenade-launchers, C4, and TV Missiles. Very fucking difficult.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6646|Little Bentcock
I don't think you should have to play 60 hours + to be good at a game, I just think you should be good at a game by being good at a game. If you suck, you should'nt be able to roll over anyone you want because the game is designed that way. If you come for a 1v1, the better should always win. Games are starting to go the way of everyone has a chance right from the start. It takes an important element out of the game I think. Controls shouldn't be so hard you need three arms to use, they should be accessible, with some elements that with the right ability you can get more out of it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5382|London, England

Adams_BJ wrote:

I don't think you should have to play 60 hours + to be good at a game, I just think you should be good at a game by being good at a game. If you suck, you should'nt be able to roll over anyone you want because the game is designed that way. If you come for a 1v1, the better should always win. Games are starting to go the way of everyone has a chance right from the start. It takes an important element out of the game I think. Controls shouldn't be so hard you need three arms to use, they should be accessible, with some elements that with the right ability you can get more out of it.
No, what it does is level the playing field so that what comes through is actual raw skill versus memorizing maps and bullet drop etc. You can train a monkey to become an expert as long as he puts the time and effort in. The people who bitch about nerfs and game changes and other shit do so because they lack the ability to adapt. They've hit their comfort zone via brute force and don't want it to ever change after they reach that point. Nevermind that their 'skill' is based on exploits and repetitive experience.

People with real skill in anything can pick it up quickly, learn the nuances and adapt when faced with change. The rest are just fakers who have to dump thousands of hours in in order to be competitive. The first group don't bitch, they simply stop playing, adapt, or find another game. The second group are the ultra-conservative-whine-about-any-change-made-to-their-game types.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ

Jay wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

No, what it does is level the playing field so that what comes through is actual raw skill versus memorizing maps and bullet drop etc. You can train a monkey to become an expert as long as he puts the time and effort in. The people who bitch about nerfs and game changes and other shit do so because they lack the ability to adapt. They've hit their comfort zone via brute force and don't want it to ever change after they reach that point. Nevermind that their 'skill' is based on exploits and repetitive experience.

People with real skill in anything can pick it up quickly, learn the nuances and adapt when faced with change. The rest are just fakers who have to dump thousands of hours in in order to be competitive. The first group don't bitch, they simply stop playing, adapt, or find another game. The second group are the ultra-conservative-whine-about-any-change-made-to-their-game types.
I believe that was my point.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5382|London, England

Adams_BJ wrote:

I believe that was my point.
I know, I just needed someone to quote
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ

Well I mean, it was really difficult to kill people with pre-patch jets, grenade-launchers, C4, and TV Missiles. Very fucking difficult.
unless you had an account before your current one you started playing the beginning of 2006, the game had already been out for half a year (the period i was talking about 1.00-1.12) and was patched to 1.2 the first downfall patch give or take a few weeks before or after you started playing. You didn't even experience the period which i'm talking about and if you did it was when you were new, no wonder you liked 1.2 onward.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6492

unless you had an account before your current one you started playing the beginning of 2006, the game had already been out for half a year (the period i was talking about 1.00-1.12) and was patched to 1.2 the first downfall patch give or take a few weeks before or after you started playing. You didn't even experience the period which i'm talking about and if you did it was when you were new, no wonder you liked 1.2 onward.
I did play then, and I remember it very well.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6698|Canberra, AUS
TBH the worst thing by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar about the patches was the ctd debacle.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6691

Ilocano wrote:

If jets are the top of the vehicle food chain and should be that way, why can't something like the CG also be at the top of the anti-infantry food chain since it was designed to be.
Because there was only 1-2 jets per team. Everyone can have a CG. Everyone uses the CG=Explosivefield3=fucking dumb
BF3 really could use more aircrafts per map.  Some for the nubs and noobs, and just enough more for the skilled.  That was actually one of the better things about 1943.  Just enough planes and AA to take them out, so that the unskilled were constantly shot down, while the skilled who somehow did get shot down didn't have to wait long for a new plane to become available.  AA was effective enough that a good AA gunner could keep a good pilot away from constantly raping an airfield.  But at the same time, a skilled pilot had plenty of other places to make kills.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6795|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

I think it would be fair that a tactical reload should be quicker than a reload when you've run dry.

Removing the round counter and auto-reload feature would be more realistic and require more skill.
I like reloading by magazine count. It gets players out of the terrible habit of reloading after every two shots, and BF2 had tons of ammo lying around anyway.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5202|Sydney
I've never really understood why people get hung up on certain versions of the game. I can understand if it means hit reg is better/worse and bugs etc are worked out, or if a gun is particularly overpowered to the point everyone in every server is using it, but other than these issues I think if you can't adapt, gtfo.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6762|Great Wall
I don't care much how many planes on the map. I want an SVD

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2011-04-19 02:49:33)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6691

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

With customized scopes, including RDS and variable magnification optics.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6589|Area 51

Ilocano wrote:

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

No. Just a plain old SVD. Stupid customisation crap.
thepilot91
+64|6260|Ă…land!

RDMC wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

just a silencer
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6691

thepilot91 wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

just a silencer
Since when did silencers matter much in BF2?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5722
since never.

Jay wrote:

The bitches simply need to be ignored
hehehehe
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5507|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Jay wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

skill is developed by putting more time into something

those who play 60 hours per week deserve to be rewarded for it
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6737|Purplicious Wisconsin
What about those players who like to play a little bit of every game?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6335

fuck em
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6737|Purplicious Wisconsin
No, fuck you. Games shouldn't make you have to give away your life so you can just get achievements.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard