Spidery_Yoda
+399|6278
I still have my hat.

I hate the Force-a-Nature.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476
The FaN was in the right hands, better than the Scattergun even before the patch.

They should make it so that the two have equal damage.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6477

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

The FaN was in the right hands, better than the Scattergun even before the patch.
Wait, what?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
dill13
+67|6201

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Really I only like it against pyros other then the scattergun all the way
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6631|EU

I think that pyro is a spy.
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6684|respawn screen

Peter wrote:

Yes but the items that are being removed were obtained because of a bug. The only people complaining are those that wrongfully had the items anway
I lost all my hats except one mining light too. I don't complain about it but Valve should have other things to work on like meet the medic or the soldier update or a jarate taunt or a free l4d melee undate etc.

Funny thing is that they removed all the hats but let me keep all the useless flare-guns, ubersaws, kgbs etc. that I got through the bug as well which are of course not rare items at all and everybody gets them though the not-rare item drop all the time. I'm going to collect sandwiches within the new free space in my backpack.
Brasso
+1,549|6638

NooBesT wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Wait, what?

dill13 wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Really I only like it against pyros other then the scattergun all the way
i can't say it's better, even though i probably use it the most out of everyone here.  it's a sidegrade for a different playstyle. 

with the scattergun, you rely on 6 weaker shots and can fire in the air, dancing around freely.  for 1v1, not all those shots have to hit.  whereas with the FaN, you rely on 2 powerful shots that make you get up close.  you can't fire those in the air as your movement will be predictable.  you don't fire those 2 shots immediately, either.  you shoot, knowing the enemy will head forward, sidestep a couple times, and when they're about to hit the ground, hit em from point blank range again.  those shots have to hit, and you might even need a couple more.  that's why the sandman and the FaN work well together.

people will say that the scout was meant to be played the way it's played with the scattergun, but the FaN (imo) evolves the scout's playstyle.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6278
Lol TF2 team

They’re having a great time. And I think it shows on the other side, right? I mean, they were just giggling so hard when they were changing the buttons in the movies to say “leak video.” Do you remember the big screen with all the buttons? And they were like we have to put “leaks video” into that thing before we release it. They were just like cackling away. What should have been like, pretty demoralizing and stressful was for them, “Oh, this is no big deal.” So, yeah, people get the idea.
From here btw. An interview with Gabe Newell, with Doug Lombardi on hand to stop him talking about Episode 3:

G4: So, is it safe to say that you have like four different projects in development right now? So, you have Left 4 Dead 2, you have Team Fortress 2, I’m going to go out on a limb and say Portal 2 and then…Episode 3?

Newell: [laughs] Uh, I’m not going to talk about things that we…we’re talking about Left 4 Dead 2 and Episode 3. As far as I know, that’s all that we’re talking about publicly.

Doug Lombardi: We’re not talking about Episode 3 publicly. (smiles)

Newell: Oh well, I guess I’m not talking about Episode 3 publicly either. (laughs)
Doug you meanie
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6164|Vancouver | Canada
I got taken down to near-half health with one FaN shot as a Soldier.

That's fucking bullshit.

Of course, I wasn't watching my back that time, and proceeded to shove rockets down his faggoty throat for the rest of the game, but still...

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2009-06-11 11:27:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard