Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

History shows communist cars suck dogs balls. Thing is, Hyundai also suck dogs balls for the most part. So North Korean cars would doubly suck balls.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

A lot of good new tech and cars come out of SK. If they were thrown back to medieval times it would suck for human advancement. Beside that SK is a pretty wealthy country would suck for global trade.
Why always assume the worst?

Don't you think that the fact that NK is so poor can have something to do with years of sanctions and international isolation? Why think that the north Korean people is retarded and that a Korean peninsula controlled by the north will not turn out to be ok once it open itself to the world? They could end up to be like vietnam?  or China?  We deal with them everyday and buy their shitty products so i see nothing wrong with that.

You really think that the world will fall apart if we are no longer supplied by SK cars and stuff?

And who knows.. maybe the north's cars will be a lot better.. damn they were able to develop nukes with almost no help from outside..  they developp their own weapons.. these guys have brains.
the north koreans and their dictators can rot.  those animals wouldn't know what to do with the south if they had it.  ooh, let's purge the intellectuals and retards, we'll starve the rest into submission.  and after lunch we'll nationalize industries we can't understand and build another primitive atomic bomb.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6521|Πάϊ

M.O.A.B wrote:

oug wrote:

ATG wrote:

He should call them Korcoms.
if you wanna be technical about it then it's not communism, it's a dictatorship so sth like Kordic(k)s ? lol
Juche, so Korjuche
Well... from Answers.com
the application of Juche in state policy entails the following:

1. The people must have independence (chajusong) in thought and politics, economic self-sufficiency, and self-reliance in defense.
   2. Policy must reflect the will and aspirations of the masses and employ them fully in revolution and construction.
   3. Methods of revolution and construction must be suitable to the situation of the country.
   4. The most important work of revolution and construction is molding people ideologically...
Instead of all those nice things, they got a nice old fashioned dictatorship...
ƒ³
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

A lot of good new tech and cars come out of SK. If they were thrown back to medieval times it would suck for human advancement. Beside that SK is a pretty wealthy country would suck for global trade.

Don't you think that the fact that NK is so poor can have something to do with years of sanctions and international isolation? Why think that the north Korean people is retarded and that a Korean peninsula controlled by the north will not turn out to be ok once it open itself to the world? They could end up to be like vietnam?  or China?  We deal with them everyday and buy their shitty products so i see nothing wrong with that.

You really think that the world will fall apart if we are no longer supplied by SK cars and stuff?

And who knows.. maybe the north's cars will be a lot better.. damn they were able to develop nukes with almost no help from outside..  they developp their own weapons.. these guys have brains.
I think things like this are a bigger part of why the country is shit poor.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6200

Reciprocity wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

the north koreans and their dictators can rot.  those animals wouldn't know what to do with the south if they had it.  ooh, let's purge the intellectuals and retards, we'll starve the rest into submission.  and after lunch we'll nationalize industries we can't understand and build another primitive atomic bomb.
Ok the north is bad and their dictator is an asshole.. i agree with all that but why do the USA care?  That's my question..  Don't tell me that the world will fall apart if the north invade the south.. i don't beleive it at all..

Is it because the US need a presence in that region to counter China or Russia?   You already have a presence in Japan..

It's not like the middle east.. there's no oil to steal over there.. no huge south korean lobby in Washington to force you to protect their chosen comrades..

I'm just wondering why the hell do you have 50k soldiers in that region.. And what would be the implications of a pull out of us troops and in the worst case , an invasion from the North.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

oug wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

oug wrote:

if you wanna be technical about it then it's not communism, it's a dictatorship so sth like Kordic(k)s ? lol
Juche, so Korjuche
Well... from Answers.com
the application of Juche in state policy entails the following:

1. The people must have independence (chajusong) in thought and politics, economic self-sufficiency, and self-reliance in defense.
   2. Policy must reflect the will and aspirations of the masses and employ them fully in revolution and construction.
   3. Methods of revolution and construction must be suitable to the situation of the country.
   4. The most important work of revolution and construction is molding people ideologically...
Instead of all those nice things, they got a nice old fashioned dictatorship...
Its kind of like become Communism on speed.

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Ok the north is bad and their dictator is an asshole.. i agree with all that but why do the USA care?  That's my question..  Don't tell me that the world will fall apart if the north invade the south.. i don't beleive it at all..

Is it because the US need a presence in that region to counter China or Russia?   You already have a presence in Japan..

It's not like the middle east.. there's no oil to steal over there.. no huge south korean lobby in Washington to force you to protect their chosen comrades..

I'm just wondering why the hell do you have 50k soldiers in that region.. And what would be the implications of a pull out of us troops and in the worst case , an invasion from the North.
The US and a lot of other countries and the UN fought against the North and unofficially the Chinese. The North is a very unpredictable and there has never been any actual end to the Korean War. If NK moves South and manages to establish some control, it will turn SK to its own ideology, and thus the place will become a drain on the world rather than a tap.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2009-06-10 07:51:42)

AutralianChainsaw
+65|6200

M.O.A.B wrote:

The US and a lot of other countries and the UN fought against the North and unofficially the Chinese. The North is a very unpredictable and there has never been any actual end to the Korean War. If NK moves South and manages to establish some control, it will turn SK to its own ideology, and thus the place will become a drain on the world rather than a tap.
Got it..  North is unpredictable and they are technically still at war..  But it's a war that happened 50 years ago in the middle of the cold war.. There is no more threat from communism today.. maybe a threat to SK but who cares?  thats my point.

I understand that if the north invade, they will turn the south to their own twisted view but why not let the countries surrounding them take care of that problem?  Japan and china can deal with NK.. Why does it have to be the US?

Lets say theres a war between Mexico and Venezuela and you see the chinese and russian coming to the help of Chavez and stationning thousands of soldiers on their soil..? Don't you think it would be strange to see them cross half the world to help Chavez?  What would they gain from such a move?  An outpost close to America

I do not believe that the US is there just to do good and save the south from the big bad North Koreans..  There must be another reason..

If you think that a communist Korean peninsula would be a drain to the world, what do you think of Africa today?  Why no american presence in Africa to stop the wars and help all those poor people?

Am i the only one here who see the Hypocrisy of the US foreign policy?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
No.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

If your looking for hypocrisy you can find it anywhere. Nearly the entire world is condemning what NK is doing, must be to get all of their oil? Maybe it's just because they are the big bad commies.. even though we've got a communist state within spitting distance of our soil. We went into Africa under UNOSOM II, they dragged our soldiers through the streets, they can fuck off. Places like Somalia aren't in a position to threaten our allies (SK and Japan) with nuclear weapons.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

https://www.janmontyn.com/rolespics/vietnam1.jpg
NgoDamWei
+7|5665|Western North Carolina
We have reevaluated our responsibilities in/to Africa and recently revamped our presence with a specific dedicated command element.

Sometimes I wonder if we should have allowed Japan to win and hold Australia after all.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

NgoDamWei wrote:

We have reevaluated our responsibilities in/to Africa and recently revamped our presence with a specific dedicated command element.

Sometimes I wonder if we should have allowed Japan to win and hold Australia after all.
1) He's not Australian.

2) Japan was never going to attack us. The only 'evidence' of that was, afaik, fabricated by the USA and supported by the Australian Govt. to bring the general public in Aus behind the war effort.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Flecco wrote:

NgoDamWei wrote:

1) He's not Australian.

2) Japan was never going to attack us. The only 'evidence' of that was, afaik, fabricated by the USA and supported by the Australian Govt. to bring the general public in Aus behind the war effort.
I do not personally believe the Axis would have stopped their conquest short of Australia.. especially if they had the balls to take on China and the USA. As an ally I don't see how you can think that Australia wouldn't have been a target. They bombed your airbases to prevent us from using them. After Pearl harbor your government knew what was coming. That is why Australia declared war with them almost immediately after. You were already fighting the Germans prior to the Pearl Harbor attack.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Kmarion wrote:

Flecco wrote:

NgoDamWei wrote:

1) He's not Australian.

I do not personally believe the Axis would have stopped their conquest short of Australia.. especially if they had the balls to take on China and the USA. As an ally I don't see how you can think that Australia wouldn't have been a target. They bombed your airbases to prevent us from using them. After Pearl harbor your government knew what was coming. That is why Australia declared war with them almost immediately after. You were already fighting the Germans prior to the Pearl Harbor attack.
Japan's original intentions as far as I know was to establish an empire across Pacific Asia under the control of the Emperor.

Sure, a few more years down the track they could have invaded, but during the war that wasn't on the cards.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I gotta think that they had to plan on it. Like I said the Aussies were already fighting Germany and they were allying themselves with them. It's just a little too obvious given your alliance with us and what they did at Pearl Harbor. You guys declared war on them within hours of the attack. I don't see the need for fabricated evidence.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/06/08/nkorea.journalists/index.html

Ah North Korea what a wonderful country you are. Chances are they'll be raped and abused for 12 years, possibly just 'disappear' since it's not like these chicoms have any regard for human rights.

We should just wipe it off the planet...
They should have just locked them up without trial on an island and water-boarded them a few hundred times... like real democratic nations do!

...but seriously, seems like more political tapdancing by Kim "I'm so ronery" Jong-Il to me. Just a shame a couple of reporters have been made to carry the can.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6150|'straya

Kmarion wrote:

I gotta think that they had to plan on it. Like I said the Aussies were already fighting Germany and they were allying themselves with them. It's just a little too obvious given your alliance with us and what they did at Pearl Harbor. You guys declared war on them within hours of the attack. I don't see the need for fabricated evidence.
The Japanese's supply line was stretched so far, that unless they established fully equipped, fully independent bases near Australia, an actual invasion would have been impossible. The fact was that even if the US did not come to our aid, Japan did not have the resources to fight the US elsewhere and also invade Australia.

Not to say i'm at all ungrateful for the help

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2009-06-11 05:04:13)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

That and securing the country, back then, would have been very difficult, if not impossible.

Kmarion wrote:

They weren't planning on it. Logistical nightmare, and next to pointless. The only objective relating to Australia with regards to the Japanese leadership I've ever heard about was isolation from the USA to ensure the USA couldn't launch a counter attack using Australia as a staging ground. An interesting PDF for you. The whole point of Japan's conquest in Asia at the time was to carve out what was called the 'East Asia Economic Zone' or some crap. Extreme economic pressure from the Western Powers, specifically the USA, was what escalated it from a localised and rather brutal expansion into Asia by Japan into a total war in the Pacific. No, I'm not trying to say it was all the USA's fault before one of you jumps on that. It was what caused the Pearl Harbour Attack though.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

New Video of NK's nuke program

But, srsly the UN approved sanctions today.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

usmarine wrote:

New Video of NK's nuke program

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oWAb5NVALw

But, srsly the UN approved sanctions today.
Guess NK has to declare war as they said then.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Flecco wrote:

That and securing the country, back then, would have been very difficult, if not impossible.

Kmarion wrote:

They weren't planning on it. Logistical nightmare, and next to pointless. The only objective relating to Australia with regards to the Japanese leadership I've ever heard about was isolation from the USA to ensure the USA couldn't launch a counter attack using Australia as a staging ground. An interesting PDF for you. The whole point of Japan's conquest in Asia at the time was to carve out what was called the 'East Asia Economic Zone' or some crap. Extreme economic pressure from the Western Powers, specifically the USA, was what escalated it from a localised and rather brutal expansion into Asia by Japan into a total war in the Pacific. No, I'm not trying to say it was all the USA's fault before one of you jumps on that. It was what caused the Pearl Harbour Attack though.
To actually believe that they did not plan on attacking Australia given what Australia was already doing and who they were allied with is just too illogical. It defies common sense. They may not have wanted your land/involvement, but strategically they knew it's importance (for the allies). Confrontation was inevitable.

Or as your Prime Minister put it, "..if war came to the Pacific it would be of Japan's making. Japan has now made war. .....For the first time in the history of the Pacific, armed conflict stalks abroad. No other country than Japan desired war in the Pacific. The responsibility for this actual resort to war is therefore upon Japan.... Australia goes to its battle stations in defense of its very way of living."
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6312|South Jersey
Why bother arguing with him? Armchair generals do not lose battles! I bet you he thinks Japan shouldn't have been nuked back in dubya  dubya two as well. Any takers?
Flecco
iPod is broken.

mcjagdflieger wrote:

Why bother arguing with him? Armchair generals do not lose battles! I bet you he thinks Japan shouldn't have been nuked back in dubya  dubya two as well. Any takers?

K m8. Get back under the bridge.

Kmarion wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

To actually believe that they did not plan on attacking Australia given what Australia was already doing and who they were allied with is just too illogical. It defies common sense. They may not have wanted your land/involvement, but strategically they knew it's importance (for the allies). Confrontation was inevitable.

Or as your Prime Minister put it, "..if war came to the Pacific it would be of Japan's making. Japan has now made war. .....For the first time in the history of the Pacific, armed conflict stalks abroad. No other country than Japan desired war in the Pacific. The responsibility for this actual resort to war is therefore upon Japan.... Australia goes to its battle stations in defense of its very way of living."
They did attack. Jap subs in Sydney Harbour and there's this little city up the road from me called Darwin that got bombed 59 times. The town I live in now got bombed. My Grandfather was farming for the war effort here at the time. He drove ambulances during the bombings and was deployed to Rabaul later as part of the Australian deployment that took over after the Japanese surrender.

I meant invasion wasn't on the cards. They did invade Australian territory, but the historical evidence suggests that no invasion of the mainland was planned.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6724|Eastern PA
Between this and the Iran election I feel like I'm living in a Splinter Cell game.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Masques wrote:

Between this and the Iran election I feel like I'm living in a Splinter Cell game.
Real life is so much more fucked up than fiction.

In fiction, shit makes sense.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard