P_Static_2
+1|6335
If I go past 200,000 points without the required badges and medals / required hours, will I forever be a colonel?

Or can I go past 200,000 points and once I achieve all the other requirements and get my 3 star general.

How does that work?  I can't remember it has been almost two years since I played.

The problem is I need 30 more hours in armor, and I only need 4,000 or so more points and I think I will surpass 200,000 well before 30 hours of armor combat, and I just need to know if I am doomed to sit still in a tank for 30 hours without really doing a whole lot....or is it safe to go past 200,000 and get my medals then rank.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6323|Troy, New York
If you have 200,000, become colonel, then get the badges you will rank up again yo general, you will not be stuck there.
P_Static_2
+1|6335

h4hagen wrote:

If you have 200,000, become colonel, then get the badges you will rank up again yo general, you will not be stuck there.
I already am a colonel, I have been a colonel for a while.  I was just wondering if it is safe to go past 200,000 points.  I am afraid that if I go past 200,000 points without the proper badges and such that I will never be able to hit 3 star general. 

Can anybody else vouch for h4hagen?
san4
The Mas
+311|6659|NYC, a place to live
Did you check the UBAR?
P_Static_2
+1|6335

san4 wrote:

Did you check the UBAR?
According to the note given at the top of the ubar page....I will be a colonel forever    or am I reading it wrong?

Quoted from http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php

"The major difference between several of the higher ranks is that you get the "higher" rank if you have certain badges. Whichever rank you get, each pair only gives you one unlock.

It is also worth noting that the upper ranks are not progressive. You will only earn one rank per point bracket. If you make it to Master Sergeant without the awards, you will not be promoted to First upon earning the missing awards. "

I guess I'm too dense to understand that, I still am not sure if I hit 200,000 points if I will be doomed to colonel forever if I don't get the badges and such before I make this last 4,000 points.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5970|Aberdeen, Scotland
That only applies to the higher level sgt ranks, you can get as many points as you want as colonel; when you earn the awards/other requirements, you will be promoted to whichever general ranks is appropriate (passing through the others on the way, ie in 1 round you can be promoted colonel > 1 star > 2 star > 3 star, if the circumstances are right).
blendiys
+8|6498|Belgium
You will not be forever a colonel, unless you want that. I'm a colonel too, I have the points but I'm missing two badges, and I will never run after them. Till you have all the required badges you will get 1st star, 2nd star and 3rd star.
Have a good luck.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

blendiys wrote:

You will not be forever a colonel, unless you want that. I'm a colonel too, I have the points but I'm missing two badges, and I will never run after them. Till you have all the required badges you will get 1st star, 2nd star and 3rd star.
Have a good luck.
Those are two badges quite easily obtained you know
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5565|Dublin, Ireland
Colonel is by far the sexiest looking rank, followed by Private.

I remember my Colonel account before it got HAX0RED.

Spine_Taker
+0|5408|Derbyshire
I've already accepted that I'll never get above Colonel, I just can't be 4rsed to spend hours in jets, helis and armour just to rank up.

I will forever be a Colonel, then again, Oisin is right. Colonel is the sexiest looking rank!
TuataraDude
+115|6493|Aotearoa

blendiys wrote:

I'm a colonel too, I have the points but I'm missing two badges, and I will never run after them.
How come? The two you are missing are pretty easy to get. In fact, getting road kills is the most fun you can have in this game, jump in a jeep a scream around the map bowling people over (don't forget to toot the horn just before you hit them).
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6454|P-way, NJ
Stay colonel, wish I never went to 3 stars
Seaneroo
+12|6629

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

Stay colonel, wish I never went to 3 stars
Why is that?
RotorBlade00
+7|5671|Australia
coz it looks ghey.
stealth556
+1|5369
I've got an additional question, and a similar situation.

I'm a Colonel with just under 180k global points (the req global to rank up) and have less than 1030 hours total play time, the requirement as stated in the UBAR for 2star (next rank) is 1080 hours total. If I exceed 180k when I am below 1030 hours total, will I become stuck at Colonel permanantly or will I rank up once I make it to 1080 hours?

Hope that predicament makes any sense, Tried to explain it to the best of my ability. Thanks fellers.

^_^

Last edited by stealth556 (2009-07-17 16:58:41)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon
u'll rank up as soon as you score your first point after the 1080 hour threshold is reached.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
stealth556
+1|5369
thanks steelie34,

I suppose thats a good thing since I just now accidentally went over 180k by 15points on accident, lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard