Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
I was curious as to how other people looked at their hometowns/current locations. So, as said - do you like where you're currently living (not your home really, just the location).

For me, I'd say it's half and half. Long Island can be okay sometimes and fucking awesome other times. The beaches here are incredible, the people can actually be surprisingly friendly and it's 45 minutes from NYC (an hour and a half on the train). Everything is pretty conveniently located and driving's not too bad. My actual town (Stony Brook) is decent as well, plus Stan Lee lives here and Mick Foley lives in the town over (and went to my school). It's also home to one of the best medical colleges in the US. However, on the other side - it rains too fucking much, it gets way too humid in the summer and late spring, and the Winters are either incredibly weak or ridiculously strong like this year was.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

yes, VA rox
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada
Love it.

..Except for the weather right now.
Fuck summer.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6381|MN
Mankato, MN is pretty nice for a rural area.  Has everything I need and then some.  I hate big cities so it is a good fit.  Drive 5 minutes in any direction and you are in corn fields.  Heck there are still some fields right on the main roads in town.  Stubborn farmers waiting to get paid big for their land.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6260|B.C. Canada
My town on the Coast of Northern BC Canada is awsome. So much to do here for people who like the outdoors. But I cannot wait to get out and explore the rest of Canada to see other options.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6475|6 6 4 oh, I forget

No. Boring town. Too long drive to work. House is built wrong. Found out some time ago that there was not built any type of oundergorund drainage system. No fucking wonder there's puddles under the house. Fucking worthless lazy ass Estonian builder Bob's.

Next place in this country I'm about to buy, I'm gonna ask these questions from the real estate agent. 1) Is any of the people, or they closest relatives, selling the house a Police officer. 2) Is any of the construction company people who have built the structure speaking Finnish with any sort of foreign dialect. 3) Does the real estate agent have any stocks or other ownership connections to the construction company that has built the structure. If to any of these questions I get any sort, or variation of the word "yes", I'm walking out.
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
yeah, i like my area.  i could do without the 95° summers and white trash.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6324|Orrstrayleea
Shepparton = boring town, but mates and family are here and they make it good.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6579|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Fuck yes i like it, there is some things i would change of course, but well, its the price to pay to be living here!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Beaches are great.. Seista key is awsum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siesta_Key … Siesta_Key
Siesta Beach stretches from a site named Point of Rocks, just below the middle point of Siesta Key, north to the Siesta Village region. It might be considered Siesta Key’s premier claim to fame. From being chosen as “Best Overall” in the "1987 International Sand Contest" to being named the “Best Sand Beach in America 2008” by the Travel Channel, Siesta Key's Siesta Beach has accumulated numerous awards in recognition of its soft, clean, pure-white sand. Consistently, it is rated among the top ten beaches of Florida, the U.S., and the world.

Harvard University's geology department found the sand of Siesta Beach was 99% pure quartz. Unlike most beaches that are composed of crushed shells, rocks or lava, this sand is pure white and finer in texture than most refined sugar. The sand has been described as "dazzling" and it is stated that it never feels hot. Siesta Key's remarkable sand and the azure, warm water of its beaches are a great attraction for tourists and local beachgoers alike who come to experience the sand and the water.
Tampa has a strong Latin heritage, much like Miami. That is a good thing .
I would like to have seasons though. I know everyone thinks t-storms are like teh awesome but they can really be a pain in the ass also.
Florida's nickname is the "Sunshine State", but severe weather is a common occurrence in the state. Central Florida is known as the lightning capital of the United States, as it experiences more lightning strikes than anywhere else in the country. Florida has the highest average precipitation of any state, in large part because afternoon thunderstorms are common in most of the state from late spring until early autumn. A fair day may be interrupted with a storm, only to return to sunshine an hour or so later.
That means power outages and lots of yard work. Hurricane season started June 1st.

Overall yes, I like where I live.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Wallpaper
+303|5995|The pool
Fuck noooooo. Western Washington sucks dick. Too many gray skies and too little sunshine... not much to do either (that I like atleast)
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Ultra, you should move to Turku. The communal politics are so fucked up, we have a sense of unified hatred towards the city council. This = Good team spirit. Also, most of the buildings down town are built on clay/mud during the 50's/60's, so they sink if they're not properly anchored to the bedrock. Yay! My apartment is conveniently built in 1957 and it's poled to bedrock by wooden poles. That's great for a fucking 10 story stone house.

I'm actually quite happy with the town I live in. There's something going on year round, especially in the summer, which is a great time to be here. The river which flows across the centre has old freight boats from ye olden days transformed into open terrace bars. Winters are harsh, not because of the temperature, but the cold sea breeze that feels like needles on your face and makes snow slush fall sideways in your face. Even if our hockey team has spawned excellent players in the past (Koivu, Koivu, Kiprusoff, etc.), they suck balls at the moment. Turku should be a bit bigger for my taste (City 175 000 people, Metro 303 000), but not by much. The medieval castle and church are landmarks that all Finns know. Awesome archipelago just minutes from the city. Proud to be from here, tbh. The town's got an identity that many Finnish cities lack, IMO.
I need around tree fiddy.
Ultrafunkula

DonFck wrote:

Ultra, you should move to Turku.

Are you nucking futs!??!

Like a random guy on the train said to me; Turku is just fine where it is Besides i think my ex is still living there, so no thanks Beautiful place in the summer tho.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

All things considered, it's not that bad.

Not brilliant, but not bad. Enjoyed Nhulunbuy a bit more, but meh, can't have everything in life.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Ultrafunkula wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Are you nucking futs!??!

Like a random guy on the train said to me; Turku is just fine where it is Besides i think my ex is still living there, so no thanks Beautiful place in the summer tho.
Really? Who's your ex?

Turku is pretty fine where it is, 300km to Stockholm (damn sea in between though), 170km to Helsinki and almost as far from the Eastern border as you can possibly get.
I need around tree fiddy.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
Wagga is good.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Adams_BJ wrote:

Wagga is good.
Wagga is just a 2 hour drive from Australia...

I like where I live atm. Close to beaches, the uni and it isn't congested like the city.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ultrafunkula

DonFck wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Are you nucking futs!??!

Really? Who's your ex?

Turku is pretty fine where it is, 300km to Stockholm (damn sea in between though), 170km to Helsinki and almost as far from the Eastern border as you can possibly get.
A short, feisty brunette named Bea. She went to study something at the Turku Uni.

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2009-06-04 23:57:59)

thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5984
Dont really know anywhere else to compare. Cant really complain
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
http://www.englishriviera.co.uk/

Where I live.

Not too much to do for social shit, though.

And there are an abundance of chavs around, but I guess they're everywhere these days...
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

FFLink13 wrote:

And there are an abundance of chavs around, but I guess they're everywhere these days...
Must be tough for you, being a blonde and all.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Adelaide, great place to live.
Great weather, easy town to get around, locals don't bother you too much, the beer is cheap and the girls are brown and fizzy.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

It's ok, but living right beside a school full of angsty teenagers has its downsides, in the form of disappearing bikes, noise and vandalism. Fucking kids.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone
Of course there are some places I would prefer to live. But am in a nice area (no crime, no bogans) practically in the bush yet only 25 mins from the CBD of the best city in the world. The one complaint is the total lack of public transport, theres one bus service but it doesn't run when I need it... ie after 6pm on Saturdays (or 9pm weekdays) when I'm pissed and can't drive home.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

Freezer7Pro wrote:

It's ok, but living right beside a school full of angsty teenagers has its downsides, in the form of disappearing bikes, noise and vandalism. Fucking kids.
But...
https://www.halloweenpartystore.com/Images/Products/Naughty-School-Girl-2.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard