CameronPoe
+2,925|6729

Gawwad wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Statistically speaking the chances of you meeting your maker on either a Boeing or an Airbus is infinitesimally small. So basically fly Airbus to support European jobs or Boeing to support American jobs.

/discussion
If you're booking your flight based on the manufacturer of the aircraft there's something wrong with you anyway.
Generally you click on the 'Cheapest Fare' tab...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6935

Gawwad wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Statistically speaking the chances of you meeting your maker on either a Boeing or an Airbus is infinitesimally small. So basically fly Airbus to support European jobs or Boeing to support American jobs.

/discussion
If you're booking your flight based on the manufacturer of the aircraft there's something wrong with you anyway.
You don't fly much do you?  If I can avoid a CRJ/ERJ or some prop by all means I will.
Ioan92
+337|5896

usmarine wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

/discussion
You don't fly much do you?  If I can avoid a CRJ/ERJ or some prop by all means I will.
Someone's scared of flying, Gawwad has a very valid point.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6935

Ioan92 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

erm....ok?
Ioan92
+337|5896

usmarine wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

erm....ok?
k
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6935

Ioan92 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

erm....ok?
k
I do not understand.  Are you saying I am scared of flying?
Ioan92
+337|5896

usmarine wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

erm....ok?
k
You pretty much sound like it if you avoid certain aircraft types and/or manufacturers. I'd say you should just forget that and give it a try, you'd be surprised.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6935

Ioan92 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

k
You pretty much sound like it if you avoid certain aircraft types and/or manufacturers. I'd say you should just forget that and give it a try, you'd be surprised.
lol I have been in the aviation industry for many years.  I avoid those types because they are uncomfortable and annoying.
Ioan92
+337|5896

usmarine wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

lol I have been in the aviation industry for many years.  I avoid those types because they are uncomfortable and annoying.
Oh really? What company? By comfort I'd say that its the carrier that you should look for, not the aircraft. Also what do you exactly mean by annoying?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6935

Ioan92 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

Oh really? What company? By comfort I'd say that its the carrier that you should look for, not the aircraft. Also what do you exactly mean by annoying?
No...a CRJ sucks.  Way too small and cramped.  Plus they have no first class option so...
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6835|The Outer Circle

Stubbee wrote:

I am thinking turbulence snapped a wing. That would cause the error message received as well as cause the cabin pressure to drop.

I KNOW ITS A 777...

They would have had to go through some extreme weather for that to happen

A YouTube Comment wrote:

No, not tons -- a 777 weighs more than that *empty*. If you look at the video at 1:22, the readout on the left is the percentage of design limit (127%). The right is probably the tonnage (2256).

If we divide that moment by the 777-300's max take-off weight of 387.5 short (US) tons, that's simulating about 5.8gs of force -- putting the design limit at around 4.6gs, and expected approximate breaking point at 6.8gs, and the actual breaking point at about 7.2gs.
Could have been something like Swissair Flight 111 thats my guess.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
Ioan92
+337|5896
Are you sure?

https://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/6/2/0/0362026.jpg

That's Lufthansa, its not even first class.

Last edited by Ioan92 (2009-06-02 15:40:02)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6729

Ioan92 wrote:

Are you sure?

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-p … 362026.jpg

Lufthansa = win. Free unlimited booze too. Win2.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6935

Ioan92 wrote:

Are you sure?

that's a 900 right?  or 700?  those are fine.  the 200 can kiss my balls.  and those are the most common here.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6838|NT, like Mick Dundee

Funny saying Marine is scared of flying. If I remember correctly he's a pilot...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Ioan92
+337|5896

usmarine wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

Are you sure?

that's a 900 right?  or 700?  those are fine.  the 200 can kiss my balls.  and those are the most common here.
700, ill find you a 200 then..

A 100 here

https://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/6/8/2/0474286.jpg

And a 200

https://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/6/7/9/1304976.jpg

I've been on LH CRJ's and there awsm. I'd really say that it all matters in the carrier you choose... If you choose a prestigious company like Lufthansa, you will obviously be welcomed with better comfort and such rather than the cattle treatment you will receive from low costs, although some are relatively comfortable.

Also, marine are you a commercial pilot?

Last edited by Ioan92 (2009-06-02 15:56:05)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6845|UK
used to be until somone jizzed in his eye he got an eye infection.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Ioan92
+337|5896
No, seriously.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6935

ugh.....I would say search but that would be pointless.

I was a pilot until a eye disease showed up preventing me from keeping a 1st class medical certificate, which meant I could no longer captain a Part 121 (airline) flight.  So, I became a airplane mechanic.  Then after a while became a flight dispatcher.  Now I am a flight operations supervisor for a Delta Airlines connection carrier.
Ioan92
+337|5896

usmarine wrote:

ugh.....I would say search but that would be pointless.

I was a pilot until a eye disease showed up preventing me from keeping a 1st class medical certificate, which meant I could no longer captain a Part 121 (airline) flight.  So, I became a airplane mechanic.  Then after a while became a flight dispatcher.  Now I am a flight operations supervisor for a Delta Airlines connection carrier.
That's... sad. I feel for you, I'm planning to be an aviator..... Hope all goes smoothly.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6845|UK
good luck kid, wish i had joined the RAF after university.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6858|Espoo, Finland

usmarine wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

/discussion
You were talking about airbus vs boeing in safety and now you're talking about passenger comfort?
You can't always choose what you fly anyway, you take the flight that best suits your time (or budget).
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6935

Gawwad wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

You were talking about airbus vs boeing in safety and now you're talking about passenger comfort?
You can't always choose what you fly anyway, you take the flight that best suits your time (or budget).
I called them Scarebus.....

I choose on comfort though.  I would fly on a A330 tomorrow..or a 767.  I was simply saying that I would choose a later/early flight if it was a bigger aircraft versus a CRJ/ERJ or prop.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6858|Espoo, Finland

usmarine wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

usmarine wrote:

I called them Scarebus.....

I choose on comfort though.  I would fly on a A330 tomorrow..or a 767.  I was simply saying that I would choose a later/early flight if it was a bigger aircraft versus a CRJ/ERJ or prop.
Of course you would, but I did say manufacturer in the post you quoted, didn't I?
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6917|Reality

TPM-J45P3R- wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

I am thinking turbulence snapped a wing. That would cause the error message received as well as cause the cabin pressure to drop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe9PVaFGl3o

I KNOW ITS A 777...

They would have had to go through some extreme weather for that to happen

A YouTube Comment wrote:

No, not tons -- a 777 weighs more than that *empty*. If you look at the video at 1:22, the readout on the left is the percentage of design limit (127%). The right is probably the tonnage (2256).

If we divide that moment by the 777-300's max take-off weight of 387.5 short (US) tons, that's simulating about 5.8gs of force -- putting the design limit at around 4.6gs, and expected approximate breaking point at 6.8gs, and the actual breaking point at about 7.2gs.
Could have been something like Swissair Flight 111 thats my guess.
I was thinking of the JAL flight that lost its tail cone and most of the vertical stabilizer when its aft bulkhead burst due to improper maintenance. It usually isn't just one thing that goes wrong. It is always a chain of events.

The company received an 'electrical fault' signal as well as a 'loss of cabin pressure' alarm. And the plane was flying over/through a region of intense cumulonimbus activity. There was no mayday.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard