Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Dr. George Tiller, whose Kansas women's clinic frequently took center stage in the U.S. debate over abortion, was shot and killed while serving as an usher at his Wichita church Sunday morning, police said.

Wichita police said a 51-year-old man from the Kansas City, Kansas, area was in custody in connection with the slaying of Tiller, who was one of the few U.S. physicians who still performed late-term abortions.

"We grieve for him that he did not have time to properly prepare his soul to face God," Terry said in a written statement. "I am more concerned that the Obama administration will use Tiller's killing to intimidate pro-lifers into surrendering our most effective rhetoric and actions. Abortion is still murder, and we still must call abortion by its proper name."
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/31/kan … or.killed/
So maybe I'm being paranoid but does anyone else fear this is going to be used to push a whole bunch of laws regarding social issues that maybe a bit liberal?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
Well, if it's any consolation, I'm against the restriction of pro-lifers being able to protest.  The best that can happen is that laws are put forth that minimize actual harassment by pro-lifers.

There is a subtle, but important, difference between protesting and harassment.
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Jesus Akbar!!!
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5996|Truthistan
Domestic Terrorists, send them to Gitmo and rape them homo style and if they are gay send to Gitmo and rape them hetero style. all pics to be sent to Cheney
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
So much for 'pro-life'
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6655

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

So much for 'pro-life'
Ultimate irony eh?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6641|Your moms bedroom
This was the second time he has been targeted
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

Locoloki wrote:

And the second time he's been shot.

Just goes to show you that anyone who blindly follows their religion (whether Jewish, Muslim or Christian) can act violently.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6769
Christians!!!

Look out...they're everywhere.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6550|San Diego, CA, USA
Its going to be sad how around the world bombs routinely kill scores of people by terrorists and this one event will be use to justify that Christians are as radical as these terrorists.

Don't get me wrong, this guy murdered this doctor.  But in the eyes of the murderer he was saving hundreds if not thousands of babies that were being killed in late term abortions (some AFTER they were born alive).

Good luck trying to find a jury in Kansas not sympathetic to him.
Reciprocity
just imagine all those terrified christian women, forced to undergo late term abortions simply because they're fun.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5598|Vacationland

Poseidon wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

Just goes to show you that anyone who blindly follows their religion (whether Jewish, Muslim or Christian) can will act violently.
Fixed
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Narupug wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

Just goes to show you that anyone who blindly follows their religion (whether Jewish, Muslim or Christian) can will act violently.
Fixed
Same goes for lots of things... religion is just a tool. People are killed for just being in the wrong part of town.. people are killed for money, greed, envy, sport, race, love. Really... pick your poison.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

Reciprocity wrote:

Jesus Akbar!!!
Actually, that was quite humorous.   You could have also gone with:

"Life begins at conception, but it ends with ME!"
-or-
"All life is precious, except yours."
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Aside from the guy getting shot what I want to ask; do you think this is going to used to justify some government intervention on some aspect of our lives?
Reciprocity

Macbeth wrote:

Aside from the guy getting shot what I want to ask; do you think this is going to used to justify some government intervention on some aspect of our lives?
probably not.  republicans think the killer is a hero and democrats seem to have enough shit on their plate without dragging up gun or abortion bullshit.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال
I thought it was in Afghanistan, turned to be in US
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

Reciprocity wrote:

republicans think the killer is a hero and democrats seem to have enough shit on their plate without dragging up gun or abortion bullshit.
What makes you think that?  Evidence/Proof?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Reciprocity wrote:

republicans think the killer is a hero
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Reciprocity
It's terrible that that this abortionist was killed but he was a cold-blooded baby butcher.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Heroes don't do terrible things.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

Crazy Muslims Christians.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648
I don't think late term abortions are very christian.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

I don't think late term abortions are very christian.
As far as abortions go, this one was pretty late.

But seriously you guys, I thought it was only Mooslims that killed in the name of religion?
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6777|Moscow, Russia

Kmarion wrote:

religion is just a tool. People are killed for just being in the wrong part of town.. people are killed for money, greed, envy, sport, race, love. Really... pick your poison.
/thread
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard