Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5936|Catherine Black
They're pretty well sealed up, so, yeah should be fine.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6797

Amdi Peter wrote:

Oh btw, you think my SIM and memorycard will be alright?
Yeah they'll be fine, they're pretty much indestructible.
Amdi Peter
peut-ĂȘtre
+111|5696|paris

ghettoperson wrote:

Amdi Peter wrote:

Oh btw, you think my SIM and memorycard will be alright?
Yeah they'll be fine, they're pretty much indestructible.
*phew*
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6685|Internetfitlerland

Your sim card will be fine, buuut if even the tiniest amount of water got onto any of the boards inside....

RRRUUUSSSTTTT

Generally, electronics and water dont mix to well.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6819|UK
1. Take the phone out of the water as quickly as possible.

2. Do not attempt to switch it on as this may cause further damage.

3. Remove the battery as quickly as you can, also remove the memory and sim cards.

4. If dropped in fresh water dry it off with a towel. If dropped in salt water rinse it thoroughly with fresh water. I know it sounds crazy getting it wet again but salt can cause a lot of internal damage such as corrosion. Again dry with a towel. You may also want to rinse it if you dropped it in a toilet.

5. Place the phone, battery and it's wet accessories in a plastic container (like a lunch box) and completely cover it with uncooked rice, use plenty of it. Again this sounds crazy but rice has desiccating properties that help draw the water out of the phone. Do not place a lid on the container.

6. Place the container somewhere very warm and dry for at least 3 days. An airing cupboard is often the ideal place.

7. Do not use a hair dryer directly on the phone to speed up the process. Too much heat can cause even more damage.

This isn't guaranteed to work but many people have successfully revived their phones and retrieved their data using this method.

Keep in mind that your phone is on borrowed time after you do this. Make it your first priority to retrieve any data that you would like to keep. It may only work for a few minutes, days, weeks, months or it may even last years.

You should monitor the phone carefully during charging. If it gets very hot the battery may be damaged and should be replaced.

After any exposure to water you no longer have a warranty as water damage is not covered. Any insurance policies on the phone may also be voided unless you are covered for accidental damage.

A more efficient alternative to rice is silica gel. You most likely won't have enough of the stuff to hand when the accident happens but it is good to use. Silica gel can be bought from electronic wholesalers like this example. Thank you to shuntfield for this information.

http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussi … uid=380349
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6797

As long as you don't try to fucking cook it a hairdryer will be fine. Sticking it in the oven (35 degrees C) overnight would be good as well.
m3thod
+2,197|6819|UK
GP i dare you to ring the fire brigade and ask them if it's okay to leave the oven on and go to bed.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6501|West NY

Noobeater wrote:

i might as well be the one to say this, was there anything in the toilet bowl when you dropped your phone?
besides water
ghettoperson
+1,943|6797

I wouldn't if you have some dodgy piece of shit gas oven like everyone in Bradford uses. However if you have a decent electric oven it'll be nae bother.
m3thod
+2,197|6819|UK

12/f/taiwan wrote:

You mean Fire Department you dirty mexican.
https://www.cumbriafire.gov.uk/Images/Welephant_tcm192-44017.gif

Welephant says suck a dick and go butcher another language.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6449
Great job!

@op that rice should dry it up in a couple of days.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6621|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Isopropanol. Get it. Use it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6748|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6793

CanadianLoser wrote:

elle

oh

elle
I concur oh elle oh elle
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6538

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Isopropanol. Get it. Use it.
Isopropanol?  I use that stuff for disinfecting.
Lai
+186|6299

Amdi Peter wrote:

I was holding it between my legs and.. hey, I dropped it okay, I'm a bit clumpsey..

Well, I'm scared that I might brake it (the phone) and I don't really have the money to buy a new one..
Well look at it this way, if you don't do anything about it in fear of breaking it, you will surely have to buy a new one because of the water damage

ghettoperson wrote:

I wouldn't if you have some dodgy piece of shit gas oven like everyone in Bradford uses. However if you have a decent electric oven it'll be nae bother.
Gas oven >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> electric oven any day. Try baking a proper ye olde cake in an electric oven.
BVC
+325|6843
Well if you ever get a shitty signal you know why...
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6813|NT, like Mick Dundee

Pubic wrote:

Delicious pun right there.

Generally with my phones if I get them wet, which does happen more than it should, I put it in the sun for a few days with the battery/sim/memory card out.

Works a treat. Normally.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6296|'straya

Flecco wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Delicious pun right there.

Generally with my phones if I get them wet, which does happen more than it should, I put it in the sun for a few days with the battery/sim/memory card out.

Works a treat. Normally.
Yes but Territory sun has magical healing power and shit.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6797

Lai wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Gas oven >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> electric oven any day. Try baking a proper ye olde cake in an electric oven.
I mean a good, electric, fan assisted oven > all. Not some povvo piece of crap electric oven. My mother bakes cakes several times a week in ours, and they're always awesome.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6586|King Of The Islands

Gas oven could cook a crappy frozen pizza in 12 minutes. Electric oven makes a soggy mess in 18 minutes, where you must then turn the oven off to de-juice for 7 minutes.

Westinghouse sucks either way.

Also this has what to do with toiletphones?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6792|internet
haha i though only me can do such a stupid thing!
I dropped my n95 twise in the toilet and once from a motor bike and its all ok! Only volume buttons is missing

https://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/Dima33/04052009011.jpg

https://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/Dima33/04052009009.jpg
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6594|Amsterdam‫

Cheez wrote:

Gas oven could cook a crappy frozen pizza in 12 minutes. Electric oven makes a soggy mess in 18 minutes, where you must then turn the oven off to de-juice for 7 minutes.

Westinghouse sucks either way.

Also this has what to do with toiletphones?
my hotair does it in like 8
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6586|King Of The Islands

Yer but its prolly one of those crazy double wide bastards that can deepfry cook a buffalo in 60 seconds.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6813|NT, like Mick Dundee

xxCaptainBlackxx wrote:

haha i though only me can do such a stupid thing!
I dropped my n95 twise in the toilet and once from a motor bike and its all ok! Only volume buttons is missing

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/ … 009011.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/ … 009009.jpg
l2N96 m8.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard