Benzin
+576|5997
I am planning on making a road trip down there in the summer when I go home to visit my parents and I was going to drive down there with my girlfriend. Can anyone tell me about it? Where are the best places to go snorkeling? What does it cost (do you need a boat to get to the coral reef in Key Largo or can you just swim to it?)? What about renting jet skis? What does that cost? Where is the best place?

I've already picked out the hotel we'll be staying in, it's called the Olivia by Duval, over on the corner of Duval Street in Key West. If you know of a really good hotel near the beach in Key West, though, can you recommend it? What are the best beaches in Key West?

Just looking for general tips and advice and hopefully some answers to my questions. Thanks for all the help, guys!!!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

My advice: wait until next year, you already missed Spring Break
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

mtb0minime wrote:

All the hotels are probably booked for next years spring break though. Wait 2 more years...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

It's been awhile since I've been. One of our members lives there... can't remember who it is right now.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Blank_The_Bogan
MEDIC!
+19|5465|Qld, Australia
where is Florida keys?
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6364|California

Blank_The_Bogan wrote:

where is Florida keys?
somewhere in North Dakota I think?
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6671|A sunburnt country

mtb0minime wrote:

Why would he take his girlfriend to Spring Break?

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

VspyVspy wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Why would he take his girlfriend to Spring Break?

Make her sit in the hotel while he goes out and has some fun
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6322|New Haven, CT

Kmarion wrote:

It's been awhile since I've been. One of our members lives there... can't remember who it is right now.
Isn't it Patton?
Benzin
+576|5997

mtb0minime wrote:

Yea, there is no spring break quite like that here in Austria like in the United States ... I'd have to skip quite a few lectures (if not some tests) to go do that.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

Kmarion wrote:

patton?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

yea.. .:ronin:.|Patton
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6300
Yeah, I just got back from the keys last month.

I would check out margaritaville, And 1 mile beach its where the first mile starts going up the coast I think.

They have this place called IMTS racing simulator, It's pretty BA.

But we didn't have much time to galavant around, So a local will be able to help you better.

Last edited by Bull3t (2009-05-27 09:47:33)

CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6506
as mentioned, ask patton.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
Don't hesitate to eat alligator. I was down there many years ago, probably 12 years ago. From what I remember Key Largo was very nice.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Superior Mind wrote:

Don't hesitate to eat alligator. I was down there many years ago, probably 12 years ago. From what I remember Key Largo was very nice.
Eat it fried. Taste like (chewy) chicken. Make sure you've got a good 'n spicy sauce to dip it in.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691

Kmarion wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Eat it fried. Taste like (chewy) chicken. Make sure you've got a good 'n spicy sauce to dip it in.
Yup. I find the texture to be a cross between fish and chicken. Good eats.
Benzin
+576|5997
Alligator in the Keys? I thought Gator was only in the Everglades ... the Keys are in the Caribbean ...
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6718|California

No alligators in the Keys. There are gays however.
13rin
+977|6477

stryyker wrote:

No alligators in the Keys. There are gays however.
Primarily in Key West.  There are Key Deer, and god help you if you kill one.

Stay somewhere in Islamorada, Marathon, or even as north as Key Largo.  Marithon is the south-western most of the three.  Key West is still a good two hours south of Marithon.

That way you could stay a day or two on the upper keys and bum around (fish/chill) and then you could go down to Key West for a day or so and party.

This is the time to go (imo) because spring break, memorial day weekend have passed -  Most of the traffic and assholes are gone.

Most importantly, don't drive drunk there.  There's one main road in/out and it is also one of the most dangerous.

I like the stores (hemp & hammocks) in Largo,  World Wide Sportsman (Islamorada)...  The Submarine in Key West is neat.  My parents have a place in the Keys & I've been going down there for the last 3 decades.  Too many f'n people now a days.... Since selective availibility has been turned off on the GPS'esses, it's made lobstering all too easy for the poser weekend warrior.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2009-05-27 12:22:01)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Benzin
+576|5997
Well I planned on staying in Key West. Is that a bad idea? I had intended to spend only the afternoon in Key Largo and maybe do some snorkeling there at the reef, but can you do that in Key West, too? Also want to do some jet skiing ...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

CapnNismo wrote:

Alligator in the Keys? I thought Gator was only in the Everglades ... the Keys are in the Caribbean ...
Never had it in the keys.. I have plenty of times around here. It's also popular in Louisiana.

Too bad you'll be missing fantasy fest. Debauchery galore.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Kmarion wrote:

Patton lulz.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Benzin
+576|5997
Come on, there must be someone that has some tips ...

(btw, my girlfriend read this thread and a few others on the forum: she thinks you're all a depraved bunch of nerds, lol)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

CapnNismo wrote:

Come on, there must be someone that has some tips ...

(btw, my girlfriend read this thread and a few others on the forum: she thinks you're all a depraved bunch of nerds, lol)
I shall conjure a hurricane to greet you when you arrive. DB offered some tips no?
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard