Juba the sniper
+10|5710
so when does the hard working studio  announces Battlefield 3 ?

for god sake DICE look to what Infinity Ward has done in CoD4:MC2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S7PDQiU6Yg

do you  believe it CoD4 will have Vehicles ....... is this the end for battlefield ?

i love Battlefield  and i know there is no game greater than BF2

but still  for God sake DICE   move it   do something

we don't need  stupid games  like BF1943 , bad company , Heroes or Mirror Edge

WE NEED BATTLEFIELD 3
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone
I agree Juba
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Zukabazuka
+23|6686
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England

Zukabazuka wrote:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-battlefield-bad/49569

Doesn't look bad really.
Why have Dice suddenly gone small scale?

That's why people love their older games, as of the amount of people you could have playing at one time.
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6522|Polish state of EU
https://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2210/1242820971929.gif   whiners.
Our situation is bad, but what can we do. Crying wont help really. Maximum limit for players is because consoles suck ass and they cant handle more. Hopefully DICE will make PC version less arcade and with more players, and this is what we should insist in asking for and asking about. Trolling about CoD won't help anyone, srsly.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436
Sleeping studio, hidden BF3.
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5983
Not sure if anyone realises but making good games takes time. DICE have said they have something in the pipeline for the 'hardcore PC gamers' but they havent said what it is. So just be patient. Good things take time. Imagine how much better BF2 would be if they'd been given a few more months rather than rushing it out like they did

Regardless, who gives two shits. If MW2 is good (and remember what you saw was singleplayer stuff. How do you know there'll be vehicles in MP?), then wont you play it? I dont know about you, but I play games for fun, not for some idiotic brand loyalty

People like OP want to make me headbutt a brick wall
Wallpaper
+303|5995|The pool
COD is small scale and one SP snow mission where you ride one vehicle doesnt mean it will have many vehicles (if any in MP)... Nothing like BF
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6355|West NY
I hope they overhaul bfbc2 like it looks like in the trailer.
I think I saw a sight attachment on that one guy's rifle..
-custom attachments?
-hopefully bullets realistically travel at thousands of feet per second?
-better squad system?
-realistically sized clips?
-realistic (-ish) damage? (none of that 25-hit-kill b.s.)
I wouldn't miss the plain "Battlefield" series at all.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Could care less about BF3, BF2 is still fun to me and I play it lots.
firebolt5
+114|6156
Um, the next "BF3" will be Bad Company 2?
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6344|California
When will you stop bitching and just be patient? If you think you can go make a perfect game like this in 6 months then go ahead and be my guest. It takes years. Stop being an asshole about it. Trust me, this stuff takes time. Hell in CSS, a much simpler engine and game, you can make your own maps and whatnot. A good map alone still usually takes a good month if not more; and that's usually very simple shapes used to make it such as bricks or spheres etc. A map in battlefield is much bigger, far more complex in terms of everything from textures to structures to landscape and more. Those maps could take a team of designers 6 months to a year at least for one map alone. Not to mention all the engine coding, multiplayer gaming obstacles, ingame events, rewards, the list goes on.

On topic, if we see a BF3 I really wish they make many things more like 2142 incorporated into BF2. Multiple unlocks/attachments/abilities for each class. More rewards and reward for teamwork. Maybe even something like Assault Lines from 2142. I think there were many many progresses and great ideas in 2142 that I love playing but that I think more people would enjoy more if merged into a more BF2 interface.

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2009-05-25 14:38:14)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717
Trust me that DICE has some awesome stuff on the horizon... they work non stop...
and if anyone wants to make a mod for bf2... you can see how long it takes to make it...without issues... 
  then add a new engine with destructible environments that add all kinds of new challenges...like system performance and reliability...  I am looking forward to the new games...
Love is the answer
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine

xBlackPantherx wrote:

On topic, if we see a BF3 I really wish they make many things more like 2142 incorporated into BF2. Multiple unlocks/attachments/abilities for each class. More rewards and reward for teamwork. Maybe even something like Assault Lines from 2142. I think there were many many progresses and great ideas in 2142 that I love playing but that I think more people would enjoy more if merged into a more BF2 interface.
Yep same opinion here buddy, BF2142 in most aspects of gameplay is upgraded and much more balanced BF2.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6344|California

Longbow wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Yep same opinion here buddy, BF2142 in most aspects of gameplay is upgraded and much more balanced BF2.
Yea, I think if many of 2142's aspects were put into the more familiar BF2 many more people would have come onto it, although 2142 is very fun.
Lai
+186|6152

Longbow wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Future warfare just appeals less to people, at least to the people that like to play BF1942 an BF2. I think that community wants to be able to relate to something in the game.

I also think BF2142 was highly uninnovative for a full priced game and, though more balanced, a significant step backwards in other aspects. E.g. APC's, hover tanks and tall legged walkers that somehow can't cross water and explode almost instantly when in a puddle; only two factions while BF2 had four and about six more were added with SF. The things that were innovative like mobile command titan warfare were nerfed to death with the first patches as they were said to cause to much lag. Pretty silly if you aks me to have one of your game's core feature cause to much lag with the engine on the average PC; I'd call that poor design.
Lai
+186|6152

firebolt5 wrote:

Um, the next "BF3" will be Bad Company 2?
This

I think BF:BC was a step in fresh, yet right direction, and was immensely dissapointed to see it come out only on the consoles. I think many other fans of nthe franchise were too and DICE seems to have noticed that. BC2 will be larger and less "jolly", so I give it all the chance that it will be a full worthy BF3. I also really like the setting and the introduction of proper Russian weaponry in a varried arsenal (I'm fed up with the M16A2 in games).
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5835|Australia

thraSK wrote:

Not sure if anyone realises but making good games takes time. DICE have said they have something in the pipeline for the 'hardcore PC gamers' but they havent said what it is. So just be patient. Good things take time. Imagine how much better BF2 would be if they'd been given a few more months rather than rushing it out like they did

Regardless, who gives two shits. If MW2 is good (and remember what you saw was singleplayer stuff. How do you know there'll be vehicles in MP?), then wont you play it? I dont know about you, but I play games for fun, not for some idiotic brand loyalty

People like OP want to make me headbutt a brick wall
Our friend Adam here is correct, if a game is good or looks good just wait for release or more info before you cry.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Zukabazuka
+23|6686
The first thing I heard what people disliked about 2142 was the unlock system, but since you could get them pretty quick I don't know what the fuzz was about, the titan mode was a good concept but resulting a team camping in titan and your team didn't bother to cap the missiles so in the end it result huge lag and camp fest.

Another thing I believe people didn't like was the infantry radar for support 24/7 personal radar for support? who has shotgun. Lovely combo really. And those who used cheat had actually less chance against support if they just used the radar hack. And no jets thank god for those.

Then also the ads for the game that would come, people where bitching like hell about that.

In all 2142 is fun to play, had better squad system than bf2 and was more balanced than bf2.

I'm looking forward to BC2, sure I will get MW2 too but BC2 will most likely keep me attached to it. Getting the chance to fly a chopper, or drive a tank or just randomly shoot with a sniper is more fun that just close combat battles if MW2 doesnt have any tanks.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6559|Hungary
They should make BF3 kickass! If not im going to get Cod4...but i dont want!
Juba the sniper
+10|5710
so I'm a whiner coz i want DICE to step on it and move that butt !!!

xBlackPantherx wrote:

When will you stop bitching and just be patient? If you think you can go make a perfect game like this in 6 months then go ahead and be my guest. It takes years. Stop being an asshole about it. Trust me, this stuff takes time. Hell in CSS, a much simpler engine and game, you can make your own maps and whatnot. A good map alone still usually takes a good month if not more; and that's usually very simple shapes used to make it such as bricks or spheres etc. A map in battlefield is much bigger, far more complex in terms of everything from textures to structures to landscape and more. Those maps could take a team of designers 6 months to a year at least for one map alone. Not to mention all the engine coding, multiplayer gaming obstacles, ingame events, rewards, the list goes on.
tell that to the guys at Project reality

what they made doesn't look like a mod but closer to a complete game everything maps, vehicles and soldiers  and guess what you get for free , these guys done a great job and they are still improving what they made with more and more versions but DICE we pay them and after 4 years they come and say  OPS!! we forgot some bugs in BF2 so we r gonna make a patch

so we waited 4 years for DICE to solve some bugs .....  wow now that what i call a hard working studio
BL4CKL10N
+66|6283

Juba the sniper wrote:

so when does the hard working studio  announces Battlefield 3 ?

for god sake DICE look to what Infinity Ward has done in CoD4:MC2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S7PDQiU6Yg

do you  believe it CoD4 will have Vehicles ....... is this the end for battlefield ?

i love Battlefield  and i know there is no game greater than BF2

but still  for God sake DICE   move it   do something

we don't need  stupid games  like BF1943 , bad company , Heroes or Mirror Edge

WE NEED BATTLEFIELD 3
So naive.
It won't be the end if BF3 doesn't come out!
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6344|California

Juba the sniper wrote:

so I'm a whiner coz i want DICE to step on it and move that butt !!!

xBlackPantherx wrote:

tell that to the guys at Project reality

what they made doesn't look like a mod but closer to a complete game everything maps, vehicles and soldiers  and guess what you get for free , these guys done a great job and they are still improving what they made with more and more versions but DICE we pay them and after 4 years they come and say  OPS!! we forgot some bugs in BF2 so we r gonna make a patch

so we waited 4 years for DICE to solve some bugs .....  wow now that what i call a hard working studio
Um, yes, you are. That is what I said.

Project reality didn't have to create a new engine. They didn't have to code the entire game. 'Handwritting' 1000's upon 1000's of lines of code. they changed textures and models, easy. They don't have to work on other projects. All they have to work on is reskinning one game; not creating several. Like I said before, if you think you can perfectly create 3/4 games from scratch and keep up two older ones to try and keep people like you from bitching, then go on and be my guest. Let me know how that works out.

they are still improving what they made with more and more versions
What do you call a patch?

EDIT: Sorry for this double post, its a glitch and I can't delete just one.

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2009-05-26 17:46:19)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717
BF3 is BFBC2 ...
Love is the answer
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

BF3 is BFBC2 ...
No.

Board footer