Longbow
+163|6646|Odessa, Ukraine

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

but stats dont mean anything though, this is the only account ive had and for 80-90% of that time ive been learning, my k/d is a lot better now I get about 80-10 on avergae, I dont get owned by medics? I get called a hacker in most games I play its nothing to do with crying about medics, Im happy playing as sniper I just think its stupid everyone running around as medic because thats all the game seems to be, medics running round reviving jumping about and lobbing grenades, what isnt there to understand about what I said?
I keep repeating myself but medics can revive heal get grenades get the best assualt rifles get a knife and pistol as well, they get everything, thats why usually they get the most points, the most kills, and the least deaths, surely that isnt fair to most other kits for the people who dont just want to be "another medic" like |I said as assault is meant to be the attacking kit, it should have the best guns, not the medic, because medic has enough already, whats my  k/d got to do with it? I thought everyone said stats dont mean shit now all of a sudden they do? lol
The reason I'm saying this is not because im crying like i said, where im repeating myself cos no one seems to understand makes it seem like im crying but what i originally said is that medics should be a healing and reviving kit, not a healing reviving and the best guns kit, it makes most other kits pointless, maybe i am the only one that thinks this but i think it would be better having lots of different kits running around rather than medics all the time I could choose medic kit and do the same as everyone else but like i said it makes me feel like a massive noob knowing that i cant really die and the guns are almost perfect whch is why i play sniper cos its different its all about aim and learning how not to die
I know its a different game but think of how balanced TF2 is with the kits, the medic gets a shit gun but people still play it cos they want to help the team, then theres other kits for attacking, thats how it should be in my opinion, cant really say much else
Assault gets the best rifles stupid, it was pointed by Silver*Inc (IIRC correctly) that assault's AR are slightly more accurate than medic's AR. Stop crying already that medic is the best fucking kit with best fucking guns, if you were that good as sniper you'd realise that you also get pretty good sniper rifles and completely overpowered gaymores, yet noone whines about it because we all find it perfectly fair. You aren't invincible playing medic class, it still requires as much skill as sniper (and even more at range). The only real problem is insta healing medpacks, and most of us agreed with you on that point. So stop already, please.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5867|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
shut up are assaults guns better, fair enough they get the same stock guns with very slightly different ironsights, but medics get the L85 and G36E with are far more accurate than F2000 and G3, yes G3 is more powerful but doesnt get anywhere near as many kills (which its all about yes?)
People do moan about clays
How does medic require the same skill as sniper when
Snipers cant heal themselves or revive teammates for backup
Snipers only get 1 bullet before reloading so you have to aim perfectly every time, not to mention you have to get a headshot on a medic for a kill (before he gets revived) which is even harder
I will stop now, as 9/10 BF2 players are medics, of course I'm going to be outnumbered in an argument, you wouldnt say anything bad at all about medic because if you did it would make you seem like a noob for playing it

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-05-26 12:29:45)

Longbow

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

I will stop now, as 9/10 BF2 players are medics, of course I'm going to be outnumbered in an argument, you wouldnt say anything bad at all about medic because if you did it would make you seem like a noob for playing it
I play medic only when:

a) theres noone in my squad capable to properly play medic
b) team suck so badly that we can't go out of uncap
c) I picked up a kit to revive fallen teammate

I prefer assault over medic, yet I require medic in my squad to be 100% efficient.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6743|Reality
1 point for revive
Revive only heals half
2 points for full heal.

Change weapon from assault rifle to ... carbines?
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Rock Lobstah
+3|5485

Stubbee wrote:

1 point for revive
Revive only heals half
2 points for full heal.

Change weapon from assault rifle to ... carbines?
I actually like some of these suggestions, maybe tweak them a little, but still along the lines of how I'm thinking. Maybe headshot kills cannot be revived?
Longbow

Rock Lobstah wrote:

Maybe headshot kills cannot be revived?
Seen that in PR, that really sucks.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5983|Perth, Australia

Longbow wrote:

Rock Lobstah wrote:

I'd support it because i never seem to get revived anyway.
Blank_The_Bogan
MEDIC!
+19|5466|Qld, Australia

Rod Foxx wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Rock Lobstah wrote:

I Second this, like in PR it works
Volatile
+252|6704|Sextupling in Empire

I think the changes they made to the medic class for 2142 were good. No instant healing. You drop a crate and it heals at the same speed as if the medic was holding it.

For all the hate that game received, it did a nice job of correcting numerous faults of its predecessor.
Blank_The_Bogan
MEDIC!
+19|5466|Qld, Australia
I've played 2142 for little bit, i agree the medic hub was good but took a little bit too long to heal someone
Longbow

Blank_The_Bogan wrote:

I've played 2142 for little bit, i agree the medic hub was good but took a little bit too long to heal someone
You are able to use 2 - one deployed, and one holding in your hands. With 2 hubs healing is pretty fast, less than 10 seconds to restore full health from 1hp.
Blank_The_Bogan
MEDIC!
+19|5466|Qld, Australia

Longbow wrote:

Blank_The_Bogan wrote:

You are able to use 2 - one deployed, and one holding in your hands. With 2 hubs healing is pretty fast, less than 10 seconds to restore full health from 1hp.
True, like i said ive only played it a little bit
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

Blank_The_Bogan wrote:

Rod Foxx wrote:

Longbow wrote:

I Second this, like in PR it works
How about keep PR separate from this, the ones who like it can play it. I don't want anything from PR adapted to BF2 and the ones that want can just play PR. They wouldn't play more vanilla even if their nerfs came in to account, it's just ruin BF2 for those who like it now.

And imo the headshot = no revive does not work for PR either.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Longbow

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I don't want anything from PR adapted to BF2
I'd bring 3 things from PR to BF2 (or next BF):

1) realistic weapon and vehicle for each faction - I mean, no M24 SWS for USMC, should be M40A3. And so on.
2) constructable defence - works in PR, works in ETQW. Would probably work in BF.
3) squad rally points - squad beacon in 2142 worked perfectly well, why not bring it to regular BF2?
H3RB4L ABU53

Longbow wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I don't want anything from PR adapted to BF2
I'd bring 3 things from PR to BF2 (or next BF):

1) realistic weapon and vehicle for each faction - I mean, no M24 SWS for USMC, should be M40A3. And so on.
2) constructable defence - works in PR, works in ETQW. Would probably work in BF.
3) squad rally points - squad beacon in 2142 worked perfectly well, why not bring it to regular BF2?
No it would ruin BF2 its too complicated which is why most people play BF2 over PR they dont want all the fucking about waiting hours building stuff, why no M24 for US? Its a real gun and it is used
Longbow

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

No it would ruin BF2 its too complicated which is why most people play BF2 over PR they dont want all the fucking about waiting hours building stuff
Who said hours? Remove all realistic crap, just leave the concept of deployeble MG/AT/AA. Should take seconds, not minutes. Imagine having AA placed on spots not yet known to jets and chopers - it will be like 10x more effective than it is now.

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

why no M24 for US? Its a real gun and it is used
M24 SWS is sniper rifle of US Army. Marines use M40A3. Basically the same rifle anyways, but looks a little bit different.

p/s and tbh, I do find PR's gameplay boring, but some of ideas are awesome.
H3RB4L ABU53
I know it doesnt take hours to build stuff I was just exaggerating as in it takes ages, its too complicated for BF2 because PR has bigger maps and is a lot slower, can you imagine how many people would get completely owned if they were just sitting there building things lol
But if you could almost instantly deploy a portable AA system yes it would be more interesting for jet pilots, and the infantry using them, but I could just see loads of them being placed right where jets take off etc

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-05-27 04:47:52)

L.Sammy
+5|5638|Ireland
Theres just no keeping some people happy. Just play the fucking game. If your getting owned but a jet, play defence, and wait. If your getting owned by a hacker, change server. But this game will never be perfect for everyone so just be happy with what we have and PLAY THE JASUS GAME FOR FUN.
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6207
I love how medics get revive kit, reheal kit, really good rifles and pistols and grenades, yet still spend all day bitching about a sniper who has one shot rifle, camaflauge that makes it easier for him to be seen in the game, and now worthless claymores.
H3RB4L ABU53

twoblacklines wrote:

I love how medics get revive kit, reheal kit, really good rifles and pistols and grenades, yet still spend all day bitching about a sniper who has one shot rifle, camaflauge that makes it easier for him to be seen in the game, and now worthless claymores.
none of that is true apparently
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6132|Scotland!

twoblacklines wrote:

I spend all day bitching that useless players are running around all day with such a bad sniper kit when he could be helping his team win
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6620|Auteuil, Laval
How many time I've been killed while droping med packs in BF2 or in 2142 while holding the med crate as I was going around a corner.  I mean in close range, just give me the ability to hit with the med pack or a crated like that old lady would do with its purse.  lol

Crates are fine by me, when a medic takes care of a wounded camarade, he's using both of his hands.  The time to do bandages and/or else is like slowly increasing health not just drop and get healed.

IMHO Medic is supposed to be the support of assault class running on its trails.  The assault should get the best fire power then the medic balanced with the ammo class so both of them really are used as a support class but not the main one.

Edit = typo.

Last edited by Jean_Peste_tu? (2009-05-28 10:02:10)

Lai
+186|6151

globefish23 wrote:

As said before, medipacks shouldn't revive instantly, but rather with the same speed as they do in the hands of a medic.
Actually if you think about it, it should actually go faster when in the hands of a medic. Who do you think will be able to apply a wound dressing faster, a trained professional or the casualty himself?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria

Lai wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

As said before, medipacks shouldn't revive instantly, but rather with the same speed as they do in the hands of a medic.
Actually if you think about it, it should actually go faster when in the hands of a medic. Who do you think will be able to apply a wound dressing faster, a trained professional or the casualty himself?
Very good point.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5447
I like the idea from 2142 where they use a medic hub. I think this makes the medic better team member rather than a scattering bags.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard