Poll

Is C4-ing a chopper in mid-air a ram or not?

Yes54%54% - 26
No45%45% - 22
Total: 48
Churrasco
+4|6318|Whoring the helicopters
I got in a silly argument with a server admin on whether strapping C4 to a helicopter and detonating it at point blank range at an enemy chopper is a ram or not.

Here's a video:

In my book, a ram happens when you collide at high speed against another vehicle, resulting in the explosion of both vehicles. Such explosion will not occur if the relative speed is low; in fact; there will be no damage whatsoever. C4's in BF2 never explode on impact, so I have to time it perfectly and explode them when I am very close to the target. Effectively, what kills the other heli is the C4 and the outcome wouldn't be the same if I didn't detonate it. So, what do you guys think?
Hakei
Banned
+295|6027

Churrasco wrote:

C4's in BF2 never explode on impact
They do.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6686

I've done that before, and on a jet too. I just call it Jihad v2, definitely not a ram. No vehicle contact was made.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6526|Sydney, Australia

Churrasco wrote:

I got in a silly argument with a server admin on whether strapping C4 to a helicopter and detonating it at point blank range at an enemy chopper is a ram or not.

Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4049xk1k7-k

In my book, a ram happens when you collide at high speed against another vehicle, resulting in the explosion of both vehicles. Such explosion will not occur if the relative speed is low; in fact; there will be no damage whatsoever. C4's in BF2 never explode on impact, so I have to time it perfectly and explode them when I am very close to the target. Effectively, what kills the other heli is the C4 and the outcome wouldn't be the same if I didn't detonate it. So, what do you guys think?
It's exactly the same as driving a FAV loaded with C4 towards enemy armour, so no.
Churrasco
+4|6318|Whoring the helicopters

Hakei wrote:

Churrasco wrote:

C4's in BF2 never explode on impact
They do.
Only if your vehicle suffers enough damage from the impact. What actually triggers the C4 explosion is your vehicle exploding first.

Last edited by Churrasco (2009-05-23 00:02:36)

_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6553|Polish state of EU
In theory it is a difference, but in fact it is exactly the same as ramming, so I'm glad to be first 'yes' voter
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5866|Australia
Its not worth the effort imo.

With the new patch you can do even more by simply getting gunners in and taking a nostalgia trip to 1.2 mashtuur.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6304
Yes it is.one of the lamest, but often genius kind of ramming.
its nice to kill with it, but annoying as hell to be killed by it. so that classifies it as ram.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6495|cuntshitlake

If you die it's ram, if you don't it's not. I wouldn't care though, I only mind jet rammers.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-05-23 05:16:05)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6223|Roma

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

In theory it is a difference, but in fact it is exactly the same as ramming, so I'm glad to be first 'yes' voter
Agreed, but i wouldn't be as pissed as if a jet rammed me. I would lol more.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6713|Disaster Free Zone
I want to know why it even matters?
It's exactly the same outcome, just harder to do... so why bother?
xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6675|internet
yep........RAAAAAAM!
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6031|Aberdeen, Scotland
If your tactic requires you to get right up close to your target like that instead of using your weapons, then I would call it a ram...not that it matters
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6597|Area 51
In both ways it's suicide and therefore lame.

/most useful contribution evar.
Laika
+75|5975
According to the dictionary, blowing up your chopper in close proximity to another with C4 does not constitute a ram.
Hoot
+3|6490
Jihading takes not skill what so ever. I would say in that video its a ram.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6359

either way its funny amirite?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6495|cuntshitlake

Would be awesome if it was FF off and the C4 guy would just jump to backseat and detonate killing the enemy but not suiciding.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5628|Vacationland

Hoot wrote:

Jihading takes not skill what so ever. I would say in that video its a ram.
Really, I think there's at least a little involved, like not going straight at the tank whore so he can't just destroy you with his main cannon
.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5532| - | - | - | - | - |
lmao
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6722|Devon, England

DeathUnlimited wrote:

If you die it's ram, if you don't it's not. I wouldn't care though, I only mind jet rammers.
My thoughts exactly.
Lai
+186|6183

Ataronchronon wrote:

According to the dictionary, blowing up your chopper in close proximity to another with C4 does not constitute a ram.
Must be a goat then
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6223|Roma

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Would be awesome if it was FF off and the C4 guy would just jump to backseat and detonate killing the enemy but not suiciding.
Lez do it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5532| - | - | - | - | - |

PrivateVendetta wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Lez do it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdumg9PcddM&fmt=22
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6678
It's the suicide part that is annoying. It'd be legitimate if you bailed before hand and lived.

On a side note I used to do that on pre 1.2 masthtur all the time because the BH was always full and nobody ever used the MEC POS chopper. It was fun to watch them whine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard