Poll

Would you submit to CIA waterboarding to reduce sentence?

yes, but it is still torture31%31% - 14
yes, is it really torture if a person would volunteer?35%35% - 16
no, it is torture31%31% - 14
no, it is not torture but noway Jose'2%2% - 1
Total: 45
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6316|Ireland

Aries_37 wrote:

because some people could put up with short pain/ discomfort if they knew in return they would get 4 months of their life back.

please don't try to construe this into some sort of argument about how waterboarding is not some sort of cruel/unusual punishment.
Actually it is an argument that people who selected that are:

A:  OK with torture

B:  Retarded fucking idiots
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6708|London

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

because some people could put up with short pain/ discomfort if they knew in return they would get 4 months of their life back.

please don't try to construe this into some sort of argument about how waterboarding is not some sort of cruel/unusual punishment.

why would they be retarded fucking idiots?

Believing that waterboarding/torture is unacceptable and inhumane and being willing to trade 4 months prison time for 1 session of torture aren't mutually exclusive. Especially when you consider your scenario of knowing exactly what they will do, knowing that your life is not in danger, knowing you will have only one session, knowing that their will be a payoff, knowing they won't do anything beyond what has been agreed.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6829|NJ
Why wouldn't you just tell them what they wanted to know?
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5853|Gulf Coast

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Why wouldn't you just tell them what they wanted to know?
spite?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6316|Ireland

Aries_37 wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

why would they be retarded fucking idiots?

Believing that waterboarding/torture is unacceptable and inhumane and being willing to trade 4 months prison time for 1 session of torture aren't mutually exclusive. Especially when you consider your scenario of knowing exactly what they will do, knowing that your life is not in danger, knowing you will have only one session, knowing that their will be a payoff, knowing they won't do anything beyond what has been agreed.
So 4 months in prison is Torture?  Worse Torture than waterboarding?

Anything unpleasant can be labeled torture and any idiot can label waterboarding.  I would suggest that unless you are willing to label prison time as torture you fit in group B.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6908|Noizyland

Have you ever BEEN waterboarded? I sincerily doubt it. Me and some friends were curious so we tried it out. Trust me, it's torture either way. That being said the fact that I only had to do it once took away a lot of the nastiness, when it's being used as a method of torture and you have to go through it again and again - that's just really really horrible.

As to the question of getting waterboaded to get a reduced prison sentance yes I'd opt for that but for the reason that presumably I'd only have to be wateboarded once and as previously mentioned the fact that people know that they're going to be waterboarded repeatedly is real torture.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
ghettoperson
+1,943|6782

FEOS wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Could it be that they're fucking pussies?
I was just about to type the same thing....lmao...   Comparing pussy journalists to terrorists... haha
shocker the pussy journalist wouldn't last long... would kind of put a crimp on their anti waterboarding crusade...

It would be great to see a journalist get waterboarded and say... that was really unpleasant...but my head is still attached...
You've hit the other nail on the head: agenda. They have to show how "horrible" it is and share it with the world to increase the outrage. Then their name gets associated with its banning and they get a Pulitzer. Then on to the next agenda-driven "story" as opposed to reporting the facts.
Hows this grab you? Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before saying its torture

Don't worry, he's probably just a deep-cover liberal.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,976|6765|949

Lotta_Drool wrote:

For the people who would submit to waterboarding to get out of 4 months of prison but feel it is still torture,

Why are you not calling for the end of keeping people in prison since you feel 4 months in jail is worse than waterboarding?
Dude, why not just get to the point instead of coming up with some insane scenario in an attempt to "prove" to someone that they are hypocrites or something?  Sergeriver used to do this all the time and in the end you just come off looking like a whiney little douche.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6316|Ireland

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

For the people who would submit to waterboarding to get out of 4 months of prison but feel it is still torture,

Why are you not calling for the end of keeping people in prison since you feel 4 months in jail is worse than waterboarding?
Dude, why not just get to the point instead of coming up with some insane scenario in an attempt to "prove" to someone that they are hypocrites or something?  Sergeriver used to do this all the time and in the end you just come off looking like a whiney little douche.
I bet I know what you picked.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,976|6765|949

Lotta_Drool wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I bet I know what you picked.
I don't participate in stupid polls.  I only came in here to let you know how I felt.  Feel free to talk shit on me as this will be the last time I view this thread.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5630|England
I think I would, it doesnt look  that bad
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6544|'Murka

ghettoperson wrote:

FEOS wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I was just about to type the same thing....lmao...   Comparing pussy journalists to terrorists... haha
shocker the pussy journalist wouldn't last long... would kind of put a crimp on their anti waterboarding crusade...

It would be great to see a journalist get waterboarded and say... that was really unpleasant...but my head is still attached...
You've hit the other nail on the head: agenda. They have to show how "horrible" it is and share it with the world to increase the outrage. Then their name gets associated with its banning and they get a Pulitzer. Then on to the next agenda-driven "story" as opposed to reporting the facts.
Hows this grab you? Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before saying its torture

I see you missed were I said they were fucking pussies. Either explanation works.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5708|The Wild West
CS gas is fucking torture.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6652|Montucky

Man With No Name wrote:

CS gas is fucking torture.
When they use like 10 pellets.. one is just child's play.
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5708|The Wild West
I had a can go off right next to me during a table 8 excercise one time.   It was my first field problem and I didnt ensure that the seal to my pro mask was fixed.  At the time I didnt think they would actually CS us after basic.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,812|6239|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

I see you missed were I said they were fucking pussies.
You mean like the CIA?
"CIA officers who have subjected themselves to the technique have lasted an average of 14 seconds before caving in."
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Investigation … id=1322866

And apparently one of your fellow flyboys reckons its torture, and would prefer to take a beating than be waterboarded.
http://www.newsweek.com/id/51200
I guess he's a pussy too - does that make you a pussy FEOS?

As Ken-Jennings said, this is just another dumb thread.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-05-23 00:58:49)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6895

Macbeth wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

if usmarine can do it i can do it
it aint a big deal.  if you ever had an older sibling hold your head under water in the pool to fuck with you, then you have done it.  or you can go to sere school.
If it is so easy why every time a journalist tries it they only last a few seconds? Also anyone ever enjoyed it?
lol...some people pay hookers/call girls/w/e for that shit dude (suffocation, etc).  you people really need to get a grip.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
And some people just love buttsecks.

Would you enjoy being tied down and butt-raped by 183 Iraqis eh marine?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6895

Dilbert_X wrote:

And some people just love buttsecks.

Would you enjoy being tied down and butt-raped by 183 Iraqis eh marine?
no....but butt rape causes physical harm.  it actually would hurt i would imagine.  nice try though dogbert.  GS and I (along with others) know you are full of shit.  so please stop talking to us.  just speak to the people who dont know any better.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
but butt rape causes physical harm, it actually would hurt i would imagine
As can suffocation - congratulations, you defeated your own argument - again.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6895

Dilbert_X wrote:

but butt rape causes physical harm, it actually would hurt i would imagine
As can suffocation - congratulations, you defeated your own argument - again.
how?  i have been water boarded...no issues.  i would think butt rape would have caused me more harm yes?  you are such a little internet dork.  go get some life experience then come back and argue.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Were you suffocated until you were unconscious?
Blood vessels in your eyes and lungs burst?
No - You had the kiddy version.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-05-23 01:54:37)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6895

Dilbert_X wrote:

You had the kiddy version.
lol..says the fat white internet geek
ghettoperson
+1,943|6782

FEOS wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I see you missed were I said they were fucking pussies. Either explanation works.
Oh right I see, so as soon as someone agreed with you and then changes their mind they're a pussy and when they never agreed with you they're spinning it for a Pulitzer.

Have you been waterboarded? Maybe you (or anyone else in here that's been through it) didn't really enjoy it so much, but you didn't want to look like a pussy in front of your buddies, so you shut up and shrugged it off as nothing.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6286|what

How many times would you be waterboarded if you were an alleged terrorist at Gitmo?

Some accounts say hundreds of times over the course of years...

No thanks.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard