Poll

Would you submit to CIA waterboarding to reduce sentence?

yes, but it is still torture31%31% - 14
yes, is it really torture if a person would volunteer?35%35% - 16
no, it is torture31%31% - 14
no, it is not torture but noway Jose'2%2% - 1
Total: 45
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6179|Ireland
Imagine you are convicted of a crime and given 20 years with no parole, but also the option to submit yourself to the same CIA waterboarding proceedure used on terrorists at club gitmo to reduce your sentence.

For each session of waterboarding ( not sure what or if there was a time limit to the boarding ) you recieve 4 months off your sentence.  You get to pick the number of sessions only you will do and have to pick the day you are convicted.  Maximum of selecting 59 sessions because they need a 4 month period to waterboard your ass if you pick 59 sessions.

Do you?  How many sessions?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6645

Nah, I'd rather work out all day and be taken under the wing of one of the kind, older felons in exchange for handjobs. I would slowly rise through the prison hierarchy to one day become top crim and get to be the one getting handjobs.

*dreams*
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5581

I would totally go on a crime spree and just get waterboarded till my sentence was gone.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

i have been thru waterboarding.  no big deal.  so yes, i would take it.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England
if usmarine can do it i can do it
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

Mekstizzle wrote:

it aint a big deal.  if you ever had an older sibling hold your head under water in the pool to fuck with you, then you have done it.  or you can go to sere school.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5581

usmarine wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

it aint a big deal.  if you ever had an older sibling hold your head under water in the pool to fuck with you, then you have done it.  or you can go to sere school.
If it is so easy why every time a journalist tries it they only last a few seconds? Also anyone ever enjoyed it?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6406|'Murka

Macbeth wrote:

If it is so easy why every time a journalist tries it they only last a few seconds?
Could it be that they're fucking pussies?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5716|Gulf Coast

FEOS wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

If it is so easy why every time a journalist tries it they only last a few seconds?
^This, also a journalist being water boarded to the edge of sanity(or pretending to be) gets more ratings then if they sat up after the boarding, shrugged their shoulders and said "Meh"
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6712

FEOS wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I was just about to type the same thing....lmao...   Comparing pussy journalists to terrorists... haha
shocker the pussy journalist wouldn't last long... would kind of put a crimp on their anti waterboarding crusade...

It would be great to see a journalist get waterboarded and say... that was really unpleasant...but my head is still attached...
Love is the answer
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6406|'Murka

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I was just about to type the same thing....lmao...   Comparing pussy journalists to terrorists... haha
shocker the pussy journalist wouldn't last long... would kind of put a crimp on their anti waterboarding crusade...

It would be great to see a journalist get waterboarded and say... that was really unpleasant...but my head is still attached...
You've hit the other nail on the head: agenda. They have to show how "horrible" it is and share it with the world to increase the outrage. Then their name gets associated with its banning and they get a Pulitzer. Then on to the next agenda-driven "story" as opposed to reporting the facts.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5581

From the way marine made it sound anyone could do it easy. From everyone I have seen it happen to they gave up in seconds. As for agenda IIRC Chris Hitchens (sic) was pro water boarding before he had it done to him and he gave up in seconds. It is on youtube if want to see it.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6456
If it was so easy to withstand why would they use it?
jsnipy
+3,276|6518|...

usmarine wrote:

i have been thru waterboarding.  no big deal.  so yes, i would take it.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6688
How about life in prison or have one of your nuts chopped off? Awake. Open the sack, lay out the nut, swing with hatchet. Home free.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6642
Well if you know it's just going to be a waterboarding it defeats the purpose. The purpose is to try and make the guy think he's actually going to drown if he doesn't talk.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

Thank you guys for clearing up what waterboarding is. I admit I was one of the sheep that would only hear how bad it was without really knowing exactly what they were doing. (Didn't stop me from supporting it though... nasty terrorists)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

I'd do it until I was tired of it. Just stay away from me with the blowtorch and pliers.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2009-05-22 13:10:43)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

usmarine wrote:

if you ever had an older sibling hold your head under water in the pool to fuck with you, then you have done it
I once stuck my penis in a pool jet. Does that count?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6583|sWEEDen
This pool jet was a relative to you? If not...no.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6654|BC, Canada

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

If it was so easy to withstand why would they use it?
@ drool... what a weird thing to think up btw...

Last edited by Nic (2009-05-22 14:02:23)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi wrote:

This pool jet was a relative to you? If not...no.
We dated for a few weeks after.. it didn't work out.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6583|sWEEDen
ah I see, cousins....
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6179|Ireland
For the people who would submit to waterboarding to get out of 4 months of prison but feel it is still torture,

Why are you not calling for the end of keeping people in prison since you feel 4 months in jail is worse than waterboarding?
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6571|London
because some people could put up with short pain/ discomfort if they knew in return they would get 4 months of their life back.

please don't try to construe this into some sort of argument about how waterboarding is not some sort of cruel/unusual punishment.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard