Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Is this the direction the GOP should be heading?

Not your typical REP platform.

https://i42.tinypic.com/108ifxj.jpg

PS, I don't think she likes the Palin family..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I'd vote for Roger Rabbit as soon as for the politicians I've seen lately; either party.

But back to the subject, you could be the biggest moderate Republican ever, but the blues are still going to vote Dem.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Gay Marriage, condoms and birth control.. wtf is she thinking?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
Pro sex, lulz. I bet she is a pro at it.

Reps have failed when it comes to mixing God in with politics and with being overly dogmatic about sex drugs and rock and roll.

The only appeal to me about the republican party is that they are what passes for a fiscally conservative party. Meaning, they are rumored to be conservative, but spend like liberals, while the alternative choices are mostly insane.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Pro sex, lulz. I bet she is a pro at it.

Reps have failed when it comes to mixing God in with politics and with being overly dogmatic about sex drugs and rock and roll.

The only appeal to me about the republican party is that they are what passes for a fiscally conservative party. Meaning, they are rumored to be conservative, but spend like liberals, while the alternative choices are mostly insane.
I believe that is what she was talking about when she said the party was hijacked. To say she is pro all those things and yet she separates it from her own religious views tells me that she gets it. .. at a young age.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

The south will rise again GOP will rise again!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

The party of Jackson shall fall.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5995|Truthistan
Dick Cheney sired her???? I think I'm going to call for a whose your daddy test.

The GOP, the pro sex party!?
If they combine that plank with fiscal conservatism and I think they have a winner.

Sex and money always wins,  unlike prudish nagging, that's a sure fired loser
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6765
watched that last night, funny as hell
Lai
+186|6152
Damn, she really looks just like her dad. Two drops of water.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

For those of us outside the States.

For the record, I would hit that.
Lai
+186|6152

ghettoperson wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg3q-mmfCjk

I wouldn't, not without a paper bag, not with the image of a bold senior republican constantly being forced upon my mind.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Pretty young conservative girls do it for me.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

ghettoperson wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg3q-mmfCjk&fmt=22
Embedding disabled.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Touché
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
If Meghan ends up entering politics successfully, she could be a very influential figure in the Libertarian wing of the GOP.

I'd much rather see the GOP become more Libertarian than continue down the road of religious fundamentalism.
rdx-fx
+955|6593

Turquoise wrote:

I'd much rather see the GOP become more Libertarian than continue down the road of religious fundamentalism.
I'd like to see the GOP as;
  • Fiscally conservative
  • Lower taxes, and a clear tax code
  • Strong military, clearly & properly used (Don't send them in as a CNN-appeasement tool, send them in to kick ass, win, and leave)
  • Less useless talking points programs, good for a boost at the polls but otherwise a waste of taxpayer dollars
  • GTFO of people's private lives.  Separation of Church & State + Freedom of Speech + "Life, Liberty, Pursuit of Happiness" = Stay the fuck out of your neighbor's business, as long as 'his business' is staying out of your face.
  • Science.  It works.  Learn it, Love it, use it.  Dusty books scribbled out by primitive screwheads, camped around camel-dung campfires, telling half-remembered fairy-tales ... don't work.

The US Democratic party has drifted too far left, and the Republican party has splattered itself against the right-side wall.

We truly have a place for a 3rd Centrist party now.  Everyone I know IRL is of the general opinion that their respective party (Dem/Rep) is "60% I agree, 40% I disagree", so they side with the party that is the least offensive.

The Center is wide open, and the majority of the population of the USA 'lives' in that political center region.  The first major party to come back to the center, will dominate American politics for the next 20+ years.  If one of the two major parties do not come back to the center within the next 8 years, we most likely will have a 'spontaneous grass-roots' 3rd party surprise come out of somewhere unexpected.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

ghettoperson wrote:

Pretty young conservative girls do it for me.
Agreed.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6381|MN
She is everything that is wrong with the conservative party.  She stated it herself that she is Pro sex because she wants to get more votes.  The Republican party is not anywhere conseravtive.  They have moved so far to the center that the statist had to move left just to make room for them. 

Doesn't anyone care how far we drifted from the founding fathers road map?  You think things worked out so well for us because we are special?  We did so well for so long because we followed our constitution and the founding fathers principles.  This government we have was originally based on religious pinciples and virtues.  The more we have gotten awa from them, the more trouble we have gotten into.

I could rant all night.  I will take a little at a time.  I need a drink.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

She said she was pro-sex (which means she is pro condoms/birth control) because to ask anything else in todays society is unreasonable. She even said for her to preach abstinence (like Bristol Palin) it would be hypocritical of her. <insert awkward omg my dad is going to watch this>. She was pretty clear in her explanation I thought .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Kmarion wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Embedding disabled.
and now youtube yanked it.. proxy time?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13rin
+977|6480

Kmarion wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Embedding disabled.
I noticed that too... You know all it takes is a 'report' clicky.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6381|MN

Kmarion wrote:

She said she was pro-sex (which means she is pro condoms/birth control) because to ask anything else in todays society is unreasonable. She even said for her to preach abstinence (like Bristol Palin) it would be hypocritical of her. <insert awkward omg my dad is going to watch this>. She was pretty clear in her explanation I thought .
She also said she didn't want to alienate anyone and lose votes.  That was in there too.

Edit:  Re-watched it.  She stated she thought the Republican party should not preach Abstinence only because they would lose votes.  That seems like a perty that should cease to exist.  One that panders for votes instead of sticking to it's principles.  Oh wait, We would have no parties then.  Nevermind.

Last edited by LividBovine (2009-05-20 22:17:13)

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Embedding disabled.
I noticed that too... You know all it takes is a 'report' clicky.
We can still see it at comedy central. I think the rest of the world has its way of watching it there too.. Maybe they will share it with those who need it.

@livid Yes in part because they would lose votes. However, more importantly the reason that it was an unreasonable request and it is hypocritical seems to be at the core of her opinion.

Meghan McCain wrote:

There’s an especially unhealthy attitude among conservatives. Daughters of Republican politicians aren’t expected to have sex, let alone enjoy it—as if there were some strange chastity belt automatically attached to us female offspring. God forbid anyone talk realistically about life experiences and natural, sexual instincts. Nope, the answer is always abstinence.
She seems genuinely frustrated by the religious right. If you would like a better explanation of her position check here. I think you will find that it isn't only about getting votes. Although in the context of the future of the party it is understandable that one would think that is the case.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

I didn't think the US constitution mentioned abstinence until marriage was mandatory.

You can be fisically conservative and socially liberal at the same time.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard