(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
What you want ,but don't even realize, is the US Marine Corps AAAV.  Advanced Amphibious Assault  Vehicle.  Finishing final testing and design in 2006-2007, we have been told that it will start entering the fleet in 2007.  It is replacing the AAV originally produced in 1976. 

With a crew of three, a 30 mm bushwhacker cannon, with the most advanced targeting system for any armed vehicle, it will do over 25 knots in the water, weighing in over 72,000 pounds!  Fully loaded with 18 combat ready Marines, and hitting any beach from "over the horizon".  In water mode the hull is almost boat like, then coming up to shore, just like a transformer toy the tracks deploy and it hits the beach!  Powered by an engine with over 2500 HP, she  can reach speeds over 65 mph!

Comparison of Selected AAAV Requirements
                    With AAV's Current Capabilities
Function                            AAAV requirement    AAV capability
------------------------------  ------------------  ------------------
Water speed                     23-29 miles per     6-8 miles per hour
Cross-country land speed   Keep up with main   15-20 miles per
                                        battle tank, which  hour
                                        travels at about
                                        30 miles per hour
Range on water                  65 miles             45 miles
Range on land                   300 miles            300 miles
Troop-carrying capacity      18 combat-          18 combat-
                                        equipped troops     equipped troops
Survivability (armor           Survive 14.5mm      Can only survive
protection)                        bullets without      14.5mm bullets if
                                       attaching enhanced  enhanced armor
                                       armor plating to    plating has been
                                       vehicle's hull      attached to vehicle's hull
Lethality (main armament)       Defeat light        40mm and .50
                                             armored combat      caliber machine
                                             vehicles of 2005-   guns, which cannot
                                             2025 time frame     defeat light
                                             during day and      armored combat
                                             night while moving  vehicles of today

AAV: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ … 1-pics.htm
AAAV: http://www.efv.usmc.mil/

So what do you think?

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2006-02-03 19:26:05)

WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6732|Oslo, Norway
glad that's not on Wake yet
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
How do you start a poll?

Thanks in advance.
TS
shadowdark1974
+0|6662|San Diego
You know what i wouldn't mind seeing the Amphibious landing stuff from Battlefield 1942 on wake island. Would make for a easier time getting to shore against them tanks! *L*
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6842|Bryan/College Station, TX
What and expect DICE to give USMC any sort of chance of a water landing via water craft? You mean attempt to give USMC a chance to get on the beach without being killed by a single strafe of a plane or attack chopper?

Now why would they possibly give the USMC any sort of chance of getting on the beach without the use of a Helicopter?

That would make too much sense.

Yes I am being sarcastic because I would love to see something like this implemented.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
shadowdark1974
+0|6662|San Diego
You know i was just thinking about this and would be real cool if you could launch one of the landing boats from BF1042. ** the ones with the ramp that you could raise or lower!** with a jeep or tank in it from the ship and make and ACTUAL landing attack the way that it was done in real life.

Reality beach landing didn't just have boats dropping people. And not how we do it today.
More fun would be to introduce the Hovercrafts *LCAC* that we realy use for beach landings now. *L* could hit the beach and keep on going. Only wouldn't have any guns on it.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
OMG, they definately need that but they won't put it in because there is no equal for the other factions.
shadowdark1974
+0|6662|San Diego
Actualy while on my last deployment i noticed that a # of other countries have military hovercrafts. It's just that they are not using them the way that we do yet. I know that the austrailas for instance are not only doing training for hovercraft landing assaults but are looking in to amphibus assault ships. We did some multi national training with them.
   So why not make big ones for the US without on board weapons to transport a jeep or tank. and for other countries make small two or three man ones with M. guns.
   That or just make them for each side to use with diffrent looks and flags.
For PLA use the ones from the James Bond movie..don't remember which one it was but am sure that a number of others around here do.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida
Ya good idea but on Wake the AAAV would be raped to hell by the J-10's... that wouldn't be fun
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6704|Antarctica
USMC needs armored transport boats on Wake, maybe even give them a stinger site with 1 missle to ward off jets.
motherdear
+25|6650|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
well the way i see it they should implement hover crafts and since sumc is the only navy/army in game that got carriers which is the only ones they are deployed from, there is no sence deploying it from the land because there is no reason to attacke with about 50 fully equiped soldiers it's a damn carrier not a beach assault.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6792|Idaho, USA / Age 30
WHy would the chinese need a Hovercraft.  They already have the freakin Island.  I say give the USMC a freakin Armored amphibian.  That would make things more of a challange.
shadowdark1974
+0|6662|San Diego
I am thinking bigger picture also with the hovercrafts. How many of the maps have enofe water areas that you can use a boat or and apc? Why not add another Moving hazard to the game of Hovercrafts. Compared to driving a hovercraft a chopper would be Cake. And in reality we are using hovercrafts in the military more and more. We even have groups of marines and I belive army that train and use off road motorbikes! Am not say to add Dirt bikes to the game......yet. But the hovercrafts yea why not! and maybe for the PLA a Small P.T. boat like in BF V. Reality says that the PLA would have somthing water born if they were to take wake island. Course reality also says the navy would never bring an LHD that close to land and with out other ship's to protect it.
bigelectricat
+3|6690

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

USMC needs armored transport boats on Wake, maybe even give them a stinger site with 1 missle to ward off jets.
why not just bring back the portable stinger like in bf1942 vietnam?
[RaBiD]Overlord
+0|6644
They should have APC spaw in the carrier.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

An LCAC would be nice..
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6711|Norway
They should have a bar in the carrier!

Will any of these lovely ideas ever get implemented in the game? probably NOT!
First of all I would like to see tanks moving faster than my grandma w/walkingchair...
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6683|The Netherlands
Hmm a picture will be nice!!
Puppy
+11|6660
how bout a transport plane like a c130 or sumthin like that...it could be unmanned and would respawn for a pickup every 5 minutes or so...

Last edited by Puppy (2006-02-19 17:37:16)

Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6711|Norway

Puppy wrote:

how bout a transport plane like a c130 or sumthin like that...i could be unmanned and would respawn for a pickup every 5 minutes or so...
yeah - I bet you could be unmanned

Where are the bombers in this game? heavy carpetbombing from a seriously high altitude

PS: What kind of waterhead engineer decided to put the artillery on Wake on that piss-island when he could have argued that a Destroyer would do the trick just nicely + it would look
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6842|Bryan/College Station, TX

Friluftshund wrote:

They should have a bar in the carrier!

Will any of these lovely ideas ever get implemented in the game? probably NOT!
First of all I would like to see tanks moving faster than my grandma w/walkingchair...
A bar would be a great idea! Then the commander has someplace to drink while commanding troops.
Would be wonderful. Perhaps one with a closeable door so that enemy parachuting onto the carrier can't knife you while you are commanding
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
shadowdark1974
+0|6662|San Diego
A bar on the carrier!! What makes you think that anyone would be out on the beach for the commander to order about! ME I would be at the bar till i was under the bar! *LOL*
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6711|Norway
See!!! That would solve every problem! No US would fight the Chinese because they were all drinking - Chinese can't attack the carrier because of baseraping... ----> World Peace!!!!

Alcohol helps make the world a safer place
Y-D-Donut?
Want glazed or chocolate?
+2|6640|Puerto Rico
HAHAHA!!!   nice one Friluftshund
IfCShoot
+1|6726
I wouldnt Mind having those on Wake, Chinese then need  more defences and and mortars and RPGs or something better then that potato cannon!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard