Mr Groch
+0|6787
I think that Tactical Support Combat Badge criteria is wrong...

* Notes: Throw 10 Flashbangs

I have been playing Support class, nothing else and I have received this badge when
I was throwing an ammo and taking enemy flag (in this round i received 10 points for resupplying but
I haven't throw any flashbang...)

https://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7131/screen0215px.th.jpg

Last edited by Mr Groch (2005-11-30 19:04:45)

TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-

Mr Groch wrote:

I think that Tactical Support Combat Badge criteria is wrong...

* Notes: Throw 10 Flashbangs

I have been playing Support class, nothing else and I have received this badge when
I was throwing an ammo and taking enemy flag (in this round i have about 10 points for resupplying but
I haven't throw any flashbang...)

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7131 … 5px.th.jpg
Were you firing tear gas at all? It is known that you can fire 10 tear gases in a round and you'll get the badge.
Mr Groch
+0|6787

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Were you firing tear gas at all? It is known that you can fire 10 tear gases in a round and you'll get the badge.
Hmm.. Yes, I have fired tear gas a few times... Maybe this is right, but in UBAR, that is not wroten

Last edited by Mr Groch (2005-11-30 19:09:22)

TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-

Mr Groch wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Hmm.. Yes, I have fired tear gas a few times... Maybe this is right, but in UBAR isn't written that
Yeah, chuy hasn't gotten around to editing some things yet
Viper_Viper
+0|6719
This is taken directly from the deviation calculation from the kit info on UBAR

UBAR wrote:

The formula is (Min Deviation * Stance) + (Additional Shots) * (Zoom Mod) + [(Recoil) * Recoil Zoom Mod].

To put this all together, let’s run an M16A2 and a SVD through the formula and compare.

M16A2
Min Deviation 0.3
Dev Standing/Crouching/Prone: 1.5/1.3/1
Dev Added Per Shot: 0.2(2)
Dev Mod Zoomed: 0.8
Recoil: 0.1-0.6
Recoil Mod Zoomed: 0.8

SVD
Min Deviation 5.0
Dev Standing/Crouching/Prone: -/-/-
Dev Added Per Shot: 2(2.5)
Dev Mod Zoomed: 0.02
Recoil: 4.5-6.0
Recoil Mod Zoomed: 0.25

Standing, single shot, not zoomed
M16A2: (0.3 * 1.5) = 0.45 Deviation
SVD: (5.0 * 0) = 5.0 Deviation
Notice the bold and underlined area, it is the accuacy for the SVD sniper rifle Standing, single shot, not zoomed. Now I dont doubt the reasoning of this, that while fireing a sniper rifle standing up un-zoomed you cant hit the broad side of a barn, the problem is the math. 5*0 does not equal 5. Minor fix is all thats nessissary.
WildBlueYonder
+0|6735|New Brunswick Canada
I find That UBAR is pretty acurate. Sometimes i'm at 2600 pts or 12 kills but i just chock it up to lag.  Purple Heart Doesn't mean you suck, it means you got owned for a round. Happens to everyone, I have a couple (not proud of it) but hey it happens. still need that bloody Basic Knife badge though
Imp
+0|6719
I Just went from Staff Seargent to Gunnery Seargent.  However, the changeover didn't happen at 8000 global points.  It happened as soon as I scored 1 more point than 8240.  (I killed someone and went to 8242 to be exact).  Thought y'all should look at it.
midgetspy
+3|6825
rombaft
+0|6721|belgium
There is something wrong with the requirements of the SF ribons .
They say 5h duty with some army , but there are many reports and also myself have 5h duty on some army or more and no ribon to see .

Can't show it in my stats here because the problem with SF updating isn't solved yet.
godzilla
+0|6776
Expert Command Badge

Hi,

1. I have 10,640 commanding points,

2. already my Veteran Command Badge and

3. played more then one time over 30 minutes as commander on a ranked server

but I do not get my Expert Command Badge!

This is what bf2s.com says:

Next Badge: Expert Command Badge

* IAR: 30 minutes as Commander
    * 10,000 Commander score √
    * Veteran Command Badge √

So something is still missing or the datas are wrong.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6774
Try a different ranked server.  I kept trying to get my Airplane ribbon and kept getting 28 - 30 kills per round and met the time requirements.  I played the same server like 5 times doing this and then went on another server and got it the first try.
godzilla
+0|6776
I will try it tomorrow again and report here. Maybe the stats server was too slow to deliever the data to the ranked server althought my points where already counted correctly in BFHQ. We will see!
H0ly(rap
+10|6718|Nebraska
just think they should make the parachuting ribbion requirements more then just crapy 10 sec.

also they should make a free fall ribbion , halo chuting, but more then just 10 crapy seconds of it
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6718
I've read somewhere that some of the new SF ribbons(the SAS, rebel etc service ribbons) and the SF medals are coded out of the game, means you can't get them even if you reach the requirements. And that seems to be true since i can't get any of the ribbons.

Not that anyone would met the 4500h for the medals in near future anyway...
godzilla
+0|6776
I´ve gotten now my Expert Command Badge. For some reason - however - the stats server did not send the data to the ranked server I was playing on yesterday. But today it worked. So I can give the all-clear...UBAR is right about Expert Commander!
rombaft
+0|6721|belgium

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

I've read somewhere that some of the new SF ribbons(the SAS, rebel etc service ribbons) and the SF medals are coded out of the game, means you can't get them even if you reach the requirements. And that seems to be true since i can't get any of the ribbons.

I have heared this to, this is like the most stupid thing ever, why code out the dam ribons, and indeed those 4500h for medals makes me think about the requiremants of BF2 in the beginning, this is only proof they have sme serious thinking problems at dice
nalta
+0|6717
for the special support combat badge i needed to throw 10 flashbangs IAR and not global.
Chou
+737|6788
Hello,

I could be wrong with my judgement but have I heard a rumour about new updates on UBAR/Requirments for awards?
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6718

rombaft wrote:

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

I have heared this to, this is like the most stupid thing ever, why code out the dam ribons, and indeed those 4500h for medals makes me think about the requiremants of BF2 in the beginning, this is only proof they have sme serious thinking problems at dice
God bless you for blaming DICE! I am so sick of people bitching about EA when EA are just the publishers. If people are going to bitch about things at least let them be accurate
godzilla
+0|6776
Expert Engineer/Support Combat Badge changes?

Well, I will not say UBAR is wrong but maybe the Kills IAR are not correct anymore:

I was playing Strike at Karkand yesterday. I was an Engineer and sat in an APC. Suddenly I recieved my Expert Engineer Command Badge. Sadfully I did not look on my stats instantly cause I was in heavy combat. But when I looked at it I definitely had less then 30 Kills IAR!
On the next round I played as supporter and got my Expert Support Command Badge as well with less then 30 Kills IAR.

So something must have been changed since patch 1.12. I made my Expert Medic Combat Badge before 1.12 and there I needed 40 Kills IAR as mentioned in UBAR. Maybe UBAR must be updated or am I the only one who got his Badges so fast?
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6741|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
i got both my time inservice ribbonns with next ot no time played look at my hours not a cheater . dont know how i did it , my work mate has them too hes at 80 hrs djpez 250 hrs is way too much i got chinese with 2 1/2 of service for china go figure i dont cheat
Garfield_NL
+0|6734

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Clearly the only criteria for these ribbons is time based, it says so right in the game! There are two requirements, Global time and Time spent in theatre. The ONLY questions at this point are the specific numbers, and for the most part the global time is pretty much universally agreed to be 250 hours.
Housten we've got a problem.
I played for only 46 hours now.
A couple of weeks ago I got my FAR EAST Ribbon.

This stuff makes me crazy.

What's the final conclusion????

Greetz
Xiver
+0|6774
The Standing / Crouching / Prone deviation modifiers for the sniper rifles are wrong.  They are listed as -/-/- which would be 1/1/1 by default.  According to Objects_server.zip Objects_server\Weapons\Handheld\USSNI_M95_Barret\ussni_m95_barret.tweak :
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModStand 2
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModCrouch 1.5
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModLie 0.8

2/1.5/0.8 should replace -/-/-

It is the same for all of the sniper rifles in the game.
godzilla
+0|6776

godzilla wrote:

Expert Engineer/Support Combat Badge changes?

Well, I will not say UBAR is wrong but maybe the Kills IAR are not correct anymore:

I was playing Strike at Karkand yesterday. I was an Engineer and sat in an APC. Suddenly I recieved my Expert Engineer Command Badge. Sadfully I did not look on my stats instantly cause I was in heavy combat. But when I looked at it I definitely had less then 30 Kills IAR!
On the next round I played as supporter and got my Expert Support Command Badge as well with less then 30 Kills IAR.

So something must have been changed since patch 1.12. I made my Expert Medic Combat Badge before 1.12 and there I needed 40 Kills IAR as mentioned in UBAR. Maybe UBAR must be updated or am I the only one who got his Badges so fast?
Now I know why I got the Badges! I was commander of the team and killed a lot of people with the arty. And those kills (which are not officially counted as kills) are added together with my regular kills while I was in the APC. So I made 40 kills! UBAR is right...again!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

Xiver wrote:

The Standing / Crouching / Prone deviation modifiers for the sniper rifles are wrong.  They are listed as -/-/- which would be 1/1/1 by default.  According to Objects_server.zip Objects_server\Weapons\Handheld\USSNI_M95_Barret\ussni_m95_barret.tweak :
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModStand 2
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModCrouch 1.5
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModLie 0.8

2/1.5/0.8 should replace -/-/-

It is the same for all of the sniper rifles in the game.
Thanks, adding this to the wiki.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard