Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6790|USA! USA! USA!
We get a lot of posts here about the details in UBAR.  While none of the BF2s.com staff claim to be perfect (except B.Schuss, but he is German, so it might be true) they have conducted extensive research on the subjects of badges, ribbons, medals, ranking, and the like.  If you think something has been mistakenly placed in UBAR or if you think the requirements may be wrong, this is the place to let them know (in an adult fashion) what exactly the problem is.  Make sure you know what you’re talking about and not basing your opinion off another site or a glitch in the game.  Otherwise, your post and subsequent replies will end up like a Black Hawk with me at the wheel and the replies riding in the back…
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6802|Cologne, Germany

Krauser98 wrote:

We get a lot of posts here about the details in UBAR.  While none of the BF2s.com staff claim to be perfect (except B.Schuss, but he is German, so it might be true) they have conducted extensive research on the subjects of badges, ribbons, medals, ranking, and the like.  If you think something has been mistakenly placed in UBAR or if you think the requirements may be wrong, this is the place to let them know (in an adult fashion) what exactly the problem is.  Make sure you know what you’re talking about and not basing your opinion off another site or a glitch in the game.  Otherwise, your post and subsequent replies will end up like a Black Hawk with me at the wheel and the replies riding in the back…
I'm with you, bro...

And I assure you, I have my problems with perfection. It's so hard to reach, and once you are there it's just jealousy everywhere... so why even bother ?
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6790|USA! USA! USA!

Gussi wrote:

Meow... and the
Airborne Ribbon -> * 10 seconds in a Parachute
be false You have be in a free fall for 10+ sec to get it.
I tried it, first try I opened the parachute soon as I got ejected from plane and landed after about ~20 seconds, nothing happened.
Then in second try, I ejected from the plane, was in free fall for about ~15 seconds, opened the parachute and ~3 seconds after that I landed, tada I got the badge soon as my feet touched the ground
And the survey says...  https://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/486014/ImageNotFound.JPG!!!!  Sorry guy, but personal experience tells your wrong.  That was my first ribbon and I jumped out and pulled the cord right away...
dr4gonman
+0|6769
/agree with krauser98

I'd been doing "HALO" jumps for fun and profit for over a month (think it was a month) after starting to play.  Saw so many others with this ribbon, checked UBAR for requirements, next server I jumped in I hopped in an airplane drove it straight at the sun and hit the eject handles.  Popped my chute almost immediately and after about 10 seconds, I didn't time it but prior to hitting the ground, I got the announcement of award.  I think one other unwritten requirement is you have to be chuting into an area that is controlled by the enemy or about to be.   So just jump out over an enemy uncappable and get your ribbon.

Aside from stupid finger syndrome causing textual discrepancies, UBAR owns! 

Last edited by dr4gonman (2005-09-08 14:17:16)

mrnatrium
+2|6788|netherlands
i have something to add to the purple heart
you need a K/d ratio of 1:4
(minimum of 5 kils and 20 deats)
BUT you need to die first 20 times whitout killing and then shoot 5 peeple whitout dieing (own experience)
so die first then shoot!
also works on:(6:22 7:24)
Rustyboy
+1|6771
It would not matter how you did it

As long as you have 1:4 kills:deaths ratio

and your kills >= 5 & deaths >= 20

e.g. 5:20, 6:24, 7:28, 8:32

You can kill 5 people and for the rest of the map just go around trying to revive everybody,
Once your deaths get to 20, there you go Purple Heart.

I personally have not got it and I don't want it LOL
mrnatrium
+2|6788|netherlands

Rustyboy wrote:

It would not matter how you did it

As long as you have 1:4 kills:deaths ratio

and your kills >= 5 & deaths >= 20

e.g. 5:20, 6:24, 7:28, 8:32

You can kill 5 people and for the rest of the map just go around trying to revive everybody,
Once your deaths get to 20, there you go Purple Heart.

I personally have not got it and I don't want it LOL
i tried that that DIDN"T work why else woud i post it
jou need to die 20 times whitout killing and then kill 5 whitout dieing (or 24 kill and 6 death etc.)
roguegeneral
+0|6764
The crieteria for the MID EAST RIBBON and FAR EAST RIBBON
I'm a little suprised no one still doesn't know the criteria for these awards.The generic criteria is time in theater and time in service.
I have played all the maps from all sides= time in theater.Time in service the real requirement  is 250 hours global. I recieved both ribbons after  I hit the 250hr mark... I play karkand all the time was checking stats and saw the new ribbon i got mid east ribbon. That was the weekend I hit 250 hrs globally. I went and played 1 china map I received the far east ribbon. Neither ribbon showed in the game I think  or I wasn't paying attention but they were in my stats once the round ended...

Criteria
Mid East ribbon
250hrs global=time in service
MEC map rotation= time in theater

Far East Ribbon
250hrs global=time in service
China map rotation=time in theater

the requirements for time in theater is just a total of playing the maps not how long just that u have played them once  I think...
I suspect these are correct and would like credit for these ribbons since  u have no info on these as of yet..

Thks,
HkD|RogueGeneral
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6808|"Frisco"

I did a little bit of analysis into these awards and found that players, once they hit that 250 hour mark, can have as litle as 18 hours in a certain 'Theater" and still be given the ribbon for that theater. This leads me to believe that the ribbons are something like: 250 global hours and 15 hours in a theater. However, I can't actually verify that, it may have something to do with kills or wins in a theater or something entirely different, so I don't post it.
Rustyboy
+1|6771
i tried that that DIDN"T work why else woud i post it
jou need to die 20 times whitout killing and then kill 5 whitout dieing (or 24 kill and 6 death etc.)
I am only going from what other people I know have done
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6769|USA, IL
I got purple heart on purpose, I was 5-20 to get it and about half way through the round I got it. then I played and was 1-1 at the end of the round.

Reccomendation: dont get all 20 deaths in a row it makes you look noobish on your stats.

And seriously why evem bring up the para-chute thing... it's so easy to get (just parachute...) and very close to a pointless ribbon.
Rustyboy
+1|6771

MurrayP wrote:

I got purple heart on purpose, I was 5-20 to get it and about half way through the round I got it. then I played and was 1-1 at the end of the round.

Reccomendation: dont get all 20 deaths in a row it makes you look noobish on your stats.

And seriously why evem bring up the para-chute thing... it's so easy to get (just parachute...) and very close to a pointless ribbon.
I agree it should be a total of so many hours in a parachute, e.g. 5 hrs
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6768|Lake Constanze, Germany

chuyskywalker wrote:

I did a little bit of analysis into these awards and found that players, once they hit that 250 hour mark, can have as litle as 18 hours in a certain 'Theater" and still be given the ribbon for that theater. This leads me to believe that the ribbons are something like: 250 global hours and 15 hours in a theater. However, I can't actually verify that, it may have something to do with kills or wins in a theater or something entirely different, so I don't post it.
I've seen some with 12 or 13, so i could be 10 hours Chuy......but like u said - it's not verified....

Greetz,
Agent
B.Schuss

we should send out PMs to everyone who has it and ask them at which point they got it. then we put the results in an excel sheet and see what the numbers tell us.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6808|"Frisco"

B: I ran that analysis against everyone in the database (which was about 50,000 at the time) -- kicks excel all over the place

I'll run it again when I hit 100,000 and see if I find any lower numbers.
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
Whoohoo....Chuy u scaring me.....incredible this man......what do you do at night ?!   
Dreaming of naked cars and fast women?! Hehe....

Greetz,
Agent
B.Schuss

chuyskywalker wrote:

B: I ran that analysis against everyone in the database (which was about 50,000 at the time) -- kicks excel all over the place

I'll run it again when I hit 100,000 and see if I find any lower numbers.
Ah, I see sorry about that noobish excel thing

what did the numbers tell you then ? cause in UBAR, it stills says n/a for the requirements of the service ribbons
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6808|"Frisco"

Well, the UBAR data is old right now*, but in my updated dataset, I have global hours set to 250, but no other stats were sufficient to dertermine what exactly gave it to you. (IE, it'll say "250 hours played & Unknown")

Also, has anywho's gotten this award ever had it "Drumroll" in game for them? I've heard a few people say it "just shows up" in their stats/BFHQ which confirms that the award is, indeed, backend related. (This would also indicate that the "in a round" requirements listed a few places are probably bunk.)

(* = UBAR data is, right now, a static HTML document, in the next update of the site (see this weekend) I'll probably change them all over to using the Programatic version I have put together -- I converted all the awards to one big ass PHP array that I can loop through to pull out the needed data and display it. You'll see what I did this when the update happens. The awards section on the player profile page has changed... Moo hahahaha!)
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod

chuyskywalker wrote:

Well, the UBAR data is old right now*, but in my updated dataset, I have global hours set to 250, but no other stats were sufficient to dertermine what exactly gave it to you. (IE, it'll say "250 hours played & Unknown")

Also, has anywho's gotten this award ever had it "Drumroll" in game for them? I've heard a few people say it "just shows up" in their stats/BFHQ which confirms that the award is, indeed, backend related. (This would also indicate that the "in a round" requirements listed a few places are probably bunk.)

(* = UBAR data is, right now, a static HTML document, in the next update of the site (see this weekend) I'll probably change them all over to using the Programatic version I have put together -- I converted all the awards to one big ass PHP array that I can loop through to pull out the needed data and display it. You'll see what I did this when the update happens. The awards section on the player profile page has changed... Moo hahahaha!)
Ok....NOW he's really scaring me....whhhhaaaaaaa!     
As i reached my 250 hours i watched the ribbons very petty.
I had  NO "Drumroll" - i finished a round as MEC WITHOUT a ribbon ingame recieved.....looked in my BFHQ and TAADAAA there it was.
I did the next round PLA and some procedure as last year, erhm round. No ingame award, but after the round in BFHQ.
Thats why i think and said in another post, there are no round requirements. And the two criterias are only based on time, so......

I'm looking forward what will happen at weekend

Greetz,
Agent
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6808|San Francisco

Clearly the only criteria for these ribbons is time based, it says so right in the game! There are two requirements, Global time and Time spent in theatre. The ONLY questions at this point are the specific numbers, and for the most part the global time is pretty much universally agreed to be 250 hours.
Fonehat
+0|6789
I was reading the UBAR kits section and I read that the China Type 95 (support gun) has a clip size of 200 ammo. I know for a fact that it doesnt, it has a clip size of 100.

I know this isnt about ribbons, but its still part of UBAR.
jag1973
Bushwhacker
+1|6805|Tegucigalpa, Honduras
I'll be hitting the 250 Hour mark this weekend, so I'll post somehting here on my observations.
jag1973
Bushwhacker
+1|6805|Tegucigalpa, Honduras
OK, done! Just above 250, check my stats out, regarding the Mid East RIbbon, I still haven't played a chinese map.
Fubar/fox
Sponcered by belgium beer
+4|6786|Belgium
i got one i got my "Staff Officer Ribbon" when i only had gotten 48 points
reached 50 points about 2min afther the server gave me the ribbon and ended the round with 54 points (could have been more but i misplaced my arty once )
dan500
+57|6808
Yeah, i swear by UBAR, but what will we do when 1.03 comes out, is it not ment to change the way the ranking all works?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard