Sambuccashake
+126|6631|Sweden
They should allow crouching while passing them. (like in 2142)

Then it would be perfect.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5705|SQUID
they should allow running past them
L.Sammy
+5|5658|Ireland

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Why dont they just create a big shield just for you. Then youl never die.

By your own stats you love spamming clays?

Last edited by L.Sammy (2009-05-14 04:06:12)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6455

The A W S M F O X wrote:

If placing a claymore crashed the person to desktop and deleted their windows folder I wouldn't care.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6346|England

L.Sammy wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Sarcasm detector failed?

AWSMFOX is one of the best snipers in the game

edit - 1000ish clay kills for the amount of time he's played is ridiculously good. So not really a spammer

Edit 2-
AWSMFOX (raidensen) -
Claymore      04:20:07      1,953

L.Sammy-
Claymore      14:18:15      3,476

Last edited by JakAttaK (2009-05-14 04:18:54)

The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5705|SQUID

L.Sammy wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

i only use clays bro
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6579|Hungary
Clays = saving my butt when im busy with aiming on your had from the roof. They save me so you cant knife me and you cant abuse me!
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5888|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
non snipers might find clays annoying, but i find grenades 10000x more annoying, even a single grenade, at least you can aim where it goes and choose when to throw it and got more chance of getting multiple kills.
clays are important for a sniper they warn you when enemies are coming and get you kills, i dont see why anyone moans about them, snipers might get a few kills with clays in a round, and lots of kills with the rifle, but its still nothing compared to the amount of kills medics get with their stupidly good power guns and the insane amount of points they get from killing, reviving, and healing compared to the amount of points other kits get
I suppose if there are people who pick up a sniper kit just to use it for clays then switch to a different kit to continue playing, it might be annoying, (i have never done it once) but why not? lol they are risking dying by picking up the kit, dropping the clays then switching back to other kit anyway
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6346|England

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

non snipers might find clays annoying, but i find grenades 10000x more annoying, even a single grenade, at least you can aim where it goes and choose when to throw it and got more chance of getting multiple kills.
This is true. What annoys me about grenades is a lot of people will throw grenades at you when you run at them. I always thought the main purpose of the game was to fucking shoot people...not bounce backwards throwing grenades. I actually hate grenades. Lol
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5808|Catherine Black
164 hours played on Funky_Finny and only 142 clay kills, I'm the least spammy clay planter here
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5501
I blame both grenades and clay spam on I/O. Its very rare to see that on vehicle servers. I/O mode should have at least left ground transport vehicles on, without vehicles its just not BF2 anymore. Crouching past them would be good. Having them set of by friendlies with no damage is what I see on some servers. I just hate that AT mines were grouped in with clays. IMO engineers shouldn't set them off at all, so he can disarm them for team mates.

I understand both sides argument for claymores, but all those that use them correctly have to realize that most players in BF2 are nubs just looking for easy points. Too often do I find myself being killed in areas that snipers do not even go near. Ill be in the center of a UAV with no enemy around, then BAM!! "Nub_spammin_fool [claymore] Evil_Black_Fox" The fixes I would have suggested would have been if a sniper gets more than 50m from his clay it would self detonate, that they can only be restocked at supply crates along with other weapons such nades, that if a player respawns or picks up another kit then the one thrown down would detonate, and that the amount of damage a player takes depends on how close they are instead of always one hit killing.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5888|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
if you are a sniper kit and lay a clay, then switch to another kit, the clay(s) you laid ether detonating or plain disappearing is a gd idea, i never see it happen much though (switching kit thing)
i do think that clays should always be a 1 hit kill though because thats the whole point of them, to warn you of enemy presence

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-05-14 11:41:54)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6176|Vancouver | Canada
I think it's a great fix.

..Mainly cause you can put one down in an area you can keep watch over, then snipe the suckers as they try to crawl past it, as someone else said.
Nihil
+15|5826|Malaga, Spain

Finray wrote:

164 hours played on Funky_Finny and only 142 clay kills, I'm the least spammy clay planter here
Try 700 hours and only 19 clay kills. I win the fewestclaykills-off.

http://bf2s.com/player/132569658/

I blame both grenades and clay spam on I/O. Its very rare to see that on vehicle servers.
Have you ever played on the Battlefield Gotland SF server? Clays everywhere, epecially in the Warlord palace and similar infantry infested locales.

I completely agree that AT mines and clays should have a separate setting for FF. Nobody really wants FF on for AT mines, and pretty much everybody who is able to play the game at all wants clay FF on.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6701|Disaster Free Zone

Finray wrote:

Only cause I haven't posted.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6484|cuntshitlake

Finray wrote:

I raise with 165 and 9 On DeathUnIimited
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6579|Hungary
This is a biiiiiiiiig help for non snipers. Now all of the g36e users will go prone and you will go up the stairs while you are prone. So you can survive!
Anyway if you get fucked by a claymore you will be revived by 3 of the medics who are in your squad.

I would set it back. Snipers dont have g36e and medic bags...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5808|Catherine Black

DrunkFace wrote:

Finray wrote:

1900 hours.

Do you have a fucking life?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6687

DefCon-17 wrote:

I think it's a great fix.

..Mainly cause you can put one down in an area you can keep watch over, then snipe the suckers as they try to crawl past it, as someone else said.
Yeah, I'll be putting them in plain sight, like the Karkand bridge, waiting for them to go prone before I snipe them.

Last edited by Ilocano (2009-05-14 12:52:10)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6152|Scotland!

Finray wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Finray wrote:

1900 hours.

That's really not that much at all
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6348

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Finray wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

1900 hours.

That's really not that much at all
I have about 1400 hours on my main, and over all my accounts probably 1800 or so, but thats over a period of three years. Do the math, it's not that I don't have a life, I've just played periodically over the years.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Lai
+186|6171

JakAttaK wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

This is true. What annoys me about grenades is a lot of people will throw grenades at you when you run at them. I always thought the main purpose of the game was to fucking shoot people...not bounce backwards throwing grenades. I actually hate grenades. Lol
I just thought of a alternative. I've posted it on the EA forums:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … ssion.html
SquadBuster
+9|5779|uk
clays should be left as they are!
anyone who calls people who spam clays an idiot then runs through the same pathways that the clay spammer knows you are going to run through is more idiotic than the clay spammer.

go a different fucking way

there are sweet spots for planting clays, and only fools run blindly into them
Lai
+186|6171

SquadBuster wrote:

clays should be left as they are!
anyone who calls people who spam clays an idiot then runs through the same pathways that the clay spammer knows you are going to run through is more idiotic than the clay spammer.

go a different fucking way

there are sweet spots for planting clays, and only fools run blindly into them
That is not the clayspamming I detest. That is what they were supposed to be used for and they will be continued to be used for for that matter, as people running through those pathways will still trigger them.

What I have a problem with is that when I encounter a sniper in one vs one, rather than close range snipe me or pull out his knife or pistol, he will hop around and randomely throw the clays around. Even if I manage to kill him without triggering the claymores, I can't move, since he "froze" me. He will still get a kill point posthumously, even though I beat him. That's unfair, so in reality I usually suicide in such scenario's. The whole thing is just silly. Now, I will be able to go prone and get passed it. Safeprone is also meant to make it less riscky for engineers to disarm them and eliminate seemingly random death caused by a flawed detection radius.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6016

Finray wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Finray wrote:

1900 hours.

I have 2k hours all up on BF2.

I have a fucking life, in fact - I probably got more pussy last Saturday than you've had all up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard