H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5873|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I havent installed the 1.5 beta 2 but wondered if people thought that going prone to pass clays work well or not?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6506|so randum
Worked fine on 2142.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Nihil
+15|5812|Malaga, Spain
The cool thing about it is that it will at least be a realistic possibility to wrench the suckers now.

I still think claymores are going to suck ass, but then I suppose removing them from the game completely would be unfairly discriminating against homosexuals. They have to have a way to kill people too, I guess.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6469|cuntshitlake

Homosexuals like me paddle up enemies asses.

Clays are for the people with no hand-eye-coordination.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Nihil
+15|5812|Malaga, Spain

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Homosexuals like me paddle up enemies asses.

In that case I don't know why people give homosexuals such a hard time.

It's those no hand-eye-coordination faggots we need to hate.
Rock Lobstah
+3|5491
I think the prone thing is just cheap, they should at least make it crouching as well. Because, honestly, can you imagine walking up to a flag and seeing like 5 guys crawling around on the ground like slugs? Good lord, talk about sitting ducks, anyone with decent aim can just walk up and pop heads.

The biggest problem with clays is spam by people seeking cheap points and kills. I see it all the time, guys spawning as snipers so they can toss their 2 claymores and pick up someone else's kit so they at least get 2 freebie kills. It's also an incredibly nightmarish defense tactic when used en masse and in cohesion. The other night I confronted at least 4-5 MEC snipers constantly respawning and tossing clays to fend off like 6 US players. Every time a US player tripped one, there was another MEC sniper there to toss a clay on his body. Bam, 1 or 2 kills; then, he would pick up one of the US players' kits after he used his 2 clays and 4 nades. It's just blatant kit abuse.

I think if they made it so once one changes to another kit or once a sniper dies, the clays disappear. Also, bring back the ability to detonate them with explosives. Used to be in the old days you could toss a grenade at a flag and set them off. Though, this might not be necessary if they permit crouching to avoid detonating them, too. It would make clays bearable on FF=off servers once again. Clays aren't suppose to be an absolutely restricting and aggressively-employed weapon (which is how they're abused in BF2), they're a surprise-defense; they should actually make a sniper player *gasp* THINK about where they place them.
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6246|Man Diego

Make claymores 100% friendly fire on & make it so the clays can be triggered by your own movement.  I think if the clay spamming idiots kept getting negative pts & killed themselves a couple of times then they might try to learn how to aim.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6005|Aberdeen, Scotland

Rock Lobstah wrote:

I think the prone thing is just cheap, they should at least make it crouching as well. Because, honestly, can you imagine walking up to a flag and seeing like 5 guys crawling around on the ground like slugs? Good lord, talk about sitting ducks, anyone with decent aim can just walk up and pop heads.
In that situation, either get an engi to go prone and disarm, now that it is more feasible, OR the more likely option; seeing as there are usually plenty of medics around (I assume you are talking about inf fights to have 5 guys prone at 1 flag), have someone dive on the claymore and then revive him.

I think it worked well in 2142.

Also pervert, I knew a guy who kept putting clays in the palace flags on Warlord with FF on; friendlies would spawn and trigger them, yell at him on TS to wise up, but he kept at it...some people just never learn
Nihil
+15|5812|Malaga, Spain

Perv3rt wrote:

Make claymores 100% friendly fire on & make it so the clays can be triggered by your own movement.  I think if the clay spamming idiots kept getting negative pts & killed themselves a couple of times then they might try to learn how to aim.
Or better still, make clays expolde instantly as soon as they are planted, killing the asshole responsible! That would be awesome.
Rock Lobstah
+3|5491

MrAnderson wrote:

Rock Lobstah wrote:

In that situation, either get an engi to go prone and disarm, now that it is more feasible, OR the more likely option; seeing as there are usually plenty of medics around (I assume you are talking about inf fights to have 5 guys prone at 1 flag), have someone dive on the claymore and then revive him.
Have fun dodging the inevitable grenades while you're crawling around to disarm them.

And medics aren't always present, believe it or not. Might just be a squad of 2, one assault and one support.

Perv3rt wrote:

Actually they'd end up killing other teammates instead. But, you're right, it would still translate into negative points, which can swing both ways; teammates can still trip your well-placed clays, even after seeing a red X on them. Actually, do clays even display red X's anymore? I never thought about that...

Last edited by Rock Lobstah (2009-05-13 10:45:03)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6687|Disaster Free Zone

Perv3rt wrote:

There always was and still is an option for that. Every Australian and NZ server uses it, never understood why it never caught on in th rest of the world.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6005|Aberdeen, Scotland

DrunkFace wrote:

There always was and still is an option for that. Every Australian and NZ server uses it, never understood why it never caught on in th rest of the world.
2 reasons I think;

1 - Turning FF on for mines applies to AT mines also, which essentially renders them worthless as any roads you try to block would also be blocked to your own vehicles.

2 - People don't think about where they place clays, or where they run...so rather than forcing people to use some sense, most servers just turn FF off.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
FF Mines is ussually off because most guys are just going to throw the mines out anyway, and it's a bigger punishment for the people just trying to play than for the guys spamming.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5600|Dublin, Ireland
Hows going prone past a Claymore making it any better? Crawling across the map is just pure fail...
Nihil
+15|5812|Malaga, Spain

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

Hows going prone past a Claymore making it any better? Crawling across the map is just pure fail...
Sometimes you know there is a sniper there, say upstairs in a building, and you just want to go and knife the obnoxious prick. This will make it possible to do that in complete safety. Free kill!
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5600|Dublin, Ireland

Nihil wrote:

Sometimes you know there is a sniper there, say upstairs in a building, and you just want to go and knife the obnoxious prick. This will make it possible to do that in complete safety. Free kill!
Have fun crawling up fleets of stairs only for the enemy to lol at you and give it to you between the eyes.
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6246|Man Diego

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

FF Mines is ussually off because most guys are just going to throw the mines out anyway, and it's a bigger punishment for the people just trying to play than for the guys spamming.
4 punished TKs and you get kicked, I think? 

Yes, I know that you can put friendly fire mines on.  I was just saying that you should disable the option of making them friendly fire on/off & always have the friendly fire turned on in relation to mines.  I remember the first time I played with Friendly Fire mines on, it only mentioned that clays were friendly fire on.  I think I blew myself up twice with my own AT mines
thepilot91
+64|6242|Åland!

Nihil wrote:

Have fun crawling up fleets of stairs only for the enemy to lol at you and give it to you between the eyes.
why the rush ?...and a sniper with a claymore almost never looks over his shoulder if he knows it protects the only direction to his position ...
Lai
+186|6157

DeathUnlimited wrote:

You mean rappers and hiphop "artists"?
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5969|Sheffield

Lai wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

You mean rappers and hiphop "artists"?
That wasn't very good

But yea, i dunno how to look at this. When i played 2142 when it first came out it seemed alright but then again the only time you really ever did it was on the titan when you drop down the small holes on top of it. I think it will work well but people wont bother if theres medic about. they will just kami onto it to get revived. easier to be honest.

Im downloading the patch now so im gunna see. I wanna test out the blackhawk miniguns so bad lol

Mooney
Nihil
+15|5812|Malaga, Spain

We are talking about snipers here. What are the chances of that happening? If they could play they wouldn't be holed up inside a building hiding from the action.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6356|Iowa...
proning past it is nice, but i'd prefer just being able to shoot the thing. there's no way you're going to crawl your way past a clay at the top of a ladder...
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6154|San Antonio, Texas

aj0404 wrote:

proning past it is nice, but i'd prefer just being able to shoot the thing. there's no way you're going to crawl your way past a clay at the top of a ladder...
Yeah, that might be a bummer. In 2142, when there's a clay on top of a ladder, holding down crouch while climbing won't detonate it, since you can crouch past them in 2142.

If it's prone-only to get by in 2, I'm not sure if you can safely traverse rooftops . . .
Lai
+186|6157

aj0404 wrote:

Tall buildings like "the hotel" remain a problem in any case, unless you want to encourage random nadespamming to dispose of possible claymores.

mooneyno1 wrote:

But yea, i dunno how to look at this. When i played 2142 when it first came out it seemed alright but then again the only time you really ever did it was on the titan when you drop down the small holes on top of it. I think it will work well but people wont bother if theres medic about. they will just kami onto it to get revived. easier to be honest.
I played the 2142 demo and thought it was great, as long as they provided a decent patch. The patch came and they completely molested the one thing that gave 2142 an edge, namely titans. Titans not being able to move when the shield is down is disastrous. From what I'd seen in the demo, it it then that commanders actually started to manoevre them and people were starting to use interesting tactics, like broadside assaults etc.. Supposedly they did this because the way the game was designed it couldn't handle lagless crowded moving Titans. IMO if such an elemental part of your game fails, your game as a whole, and your skills as a designer fail. Luckily I hadn't bought the game yet.
Longbow
+163|6653|Odessa, Ukraine

Lai wrote:

I played the 2142 demo and thought it was great, as long as they provided a decent patch. The patch came and they completely molested the one thing that gave 2142 an edge, namely titans. Titans not being able to move when the shield is down is disastrous. From what I'd seen in the demo, it it then that commanders actually started to manoevre them and people were starting to use interesting tactics, like broadside assaults etc.. Supposedly they did this because the way the game was designed it couldn't handle lagless crowded moving Titans. IMO if such an elemental part of your game fails, your game as a whole, and your skills as a designer fail. Luckily I hadn't bought the game yet.
Actually you missed the best balanced Battlefield game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard