Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

"Lost/Found Dracula"?
"Is a Robot"?

Pyro could be a robot I suppose. That would be cool.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Bevo
Nah
+718|6537|Austin, Texas

Poseidon wrote:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1166/youtubefail.png

UNLOCKED - Welcome to the internets:  Fail to understand what 'Private' means on YouTube
I lol'd
Me too.

Valve = teh funniest.
Brasso
+1,549|6647

perhaps dracula is some sort of new butterfly knife ¯\(°_o)/¯
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6758|FUCK UBISOFT

haffeysucks wrote:

that can be lost/found
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Brasso
+1,549|6647

Miggle wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

that can be lost/found
cause of the whole backpack thing.  OR maybe it's just some sort of doll that you can drop when you die and pick up from other players.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

Check out the TF2 blog. Robin Walker went crazy and fired everyone.

Robin Walker wrote:

As many of you know, the Meet the Spy video was leaked this weekend. Some of you on the forum have wondered if Valve leaked it on purpose. And until we find the clown who did leak it, the answer to that is yes.

Others of you have started a petition to stop Valve from firing anyone over the leak. Once again, this just goes to show you how valuable customer feedback is to us—we hadn't even thought of doing that, but once you see it there in print, it's a fantastic idea. I've been asking people all morning who was responsible and come up empty. But now that I've started firing people, they can't name names fast enough. So far I've got sixty-seven names in the "suspicious" category, fifteen in "very suspicious", and another forty-three I'd been wanting to fire anyway.

I'll keep you posted as I track down the culprit. Rest assured, though: Until I find the person responsible, I vow that Valve will stop work on all projects.

Robin Walker wrote:

Valve's head of HR, Kathy, just came to talk to me. I'd been lining up employees in a row against the wall so I could run past and fire them faster.

"You're fired you're fired you're fired you're fired oh hi, Kathy. What's up?"

"I'm a little concerned that you're mistreating your authority." I nodded, then reminded her that we'd talked about her using smaller words.

"We think you've gone mad with power," she said, talking slowly and using her hands. That's when I knew: She was in on it. Best not to take any chances, I thought, as I reached for my firing stick.

I've been working through the staff in alphabetical order. So far I'm up to the L's. I told Marc Laidlaw I had a book in my office I wanted him to see. I didn't tell him the name of that book: Marc Laidlaw, You Are Fired, by Robin Walker.

Jay Pinkerton wrote:

Overheard: Robin Walker gets results

Alden, you have three seconds to tell me why you're fired."
"Wait, what? I—"
"You're fired."

"You wanted to see me, Robin?"
"Yes, Greg. What's the difference between you and you're fired?"
"I — what?"
"Clean out your desk, Greg."

"Yeah, Robin?"
"Ah, come in, Matt. How's the family?"
"Oh. Uh, good. What's this ab—"
"Top drawer. How about your little boy? He getting better at the ol' soccer?"
"Football. No, not really."
"Do you think he'd be any good at cleaning out your desk by five?"
"I —"
"Because you're fired."

"Laidlaw, it says here you're a writer. Well, let me tell YOU a story. Once upon a time you were fired. Then you cleaned out your desk by five."

"You wanted to see me, Robin?"
"Eric. I'd like you to clean your desk."
"I — sure, sir."
"Outbyfive."
"Out by...?"
"Why! Oh! Why-Oh-You! Oh-You-Are-Eee! You're Fired!"

Robin Walker wrote:

I think I've found my man. Valve's staff is now down to two employees: me and our Greek intern Stavros Xanthis. We're sitting in the main board room, staring at each other from across the table. I turned up the thermostat as far as it will go. It's hard to make him out behind the waves of heat coming out of the vents, but I think he looks guilty.

Robin Walker wrote:

"Marianne, send in someone please. Anyone at all. Oi! Send in someone with one eyebrow! That'd be marvelous."
"Sir, you've fired everyone."
"Already? But it's not even eight o'clock."
"You've outdone yourself, sir."
"Beaut. Alright, make a note that we need to hire 500 employees tomorrow."
"Yes, sir."
"Then put me down the day after that for firing all of them."
"Yes, sir."
"Oh, and get them to bring stuff in tomorrow. Tell them to put it in their desks. Tell them to load their desks right up."
"Yes, sir."
"Also, you're fired."
"Yes, sir."

[The end. See you tomorrow!]
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6286
Wow he went all out on the blog last night. This part made me laugh the most though.

Others of you have started a petition to stop Valve from firing anyone over the leak. Once again, this just goes to show you how valuable customer feedback is to us—we hadn't even thought of doing that, but once you see it there in print, it's a fantastic idea. I've been asking people all morning who was responsible and come up empty. But now that I've started firing people, they can't name names fast enough.
Brasso
+1,549|6647

cute:

https://chigausekai.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/purse.jpg

https://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6099/32807934.jpg
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6681|NT, like Mick Dundee

Valve's PR boys are geniuses. They really do understand their market and what flies/what doesn't with the bulk of gamers.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Brasso
+1,549|6647

aaand this makes sense:

Red Spy was the Blu Spy all along, not the Blu Scout.At 1:23 he touches the Blu Scout, allowing him to turn into said scout (using one of his next unlocks) whenever he wanted to.

Why do you think the Red Spy disguised as the Blu spy entered the room with the Sniper's body over his shoulder; the last person he killed? How do you think the Scout remained a Scout when he touched the intelligence?

Spy used the Feign Death pocket-watch to drop a Blu Spy body right as the Soldier shot the head off of him.
Right after, the real Blu Scout turns his head around, and probably got backstabbed off-cam. Then you see the fake Blu Scout (really Red Spy) look at his hands, like he just used a touch-kill-disguise technique on the Blu Scout. He also took his own switch-blade back from the scout before this.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6286
I read that wherever it was and while its a nice theory, it makes more sense for him to be the Scout the entire time.

The Scout didn't know the password for his own door .
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Is it just me or is the spy's 'symbol' of that knife going to be his next unlock?

It's not the silhouette of the switchblade already in the game.

And yeah, with the whole spy-as-a-scout-not-knowing-the-code + the soldier being a dumb shit leads me to think that the soldier just shot the wrong person.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6286
https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k189/Foogooman/ohvalve.jpg

The Ambassador eh? I wonder if that has something to do with the achievement...

https://www.teamfortress.com/spyupdate/images/AchievementIcons/spy/tf_spy_diplomacy.png Diplomacy
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Valve wrote:

Saxton Hale, Australian. CEO MANN CO.
Kez
+778|5720|London, UK
Spy achievement descriptions.. apparantly

Just guesses mainly

Last edited by Kptk92 :D (2009-05-19 07:18:32)

Zukabazuka
+23|6702
How often has gameplay applied to the movies?

1. Demoman, the sentry is aiming for his grenades and he managed to make 2 grenades coming at the same time, and later on having more than 8 stickies on the wall.
2. Engineer have multiply sentries up and running and can detect far longer.
3. Scout is able to outrun a sentry at the start by running straight at it.

So the spy was scout from the start, Its not like he would be able to switch while being in there.
Kez
+778|5720|London, UK
https://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Kptk92/spylol.jpg
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6428|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Dookie0119
+43|5795
You don't know how hard I luaghed...
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6419|dm_maidenhead
It looks a little like the pyro
Brasso
+1,549|6647

i just tried to make it into a spray.  here goes...

meh i suck.  someone message me on xfire and make the tga into the right files please?

Last edited by haffeysucks (2009-05-19 11:55:46)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6485

haffeysucks wrote:

i just tried to make it into a spray.  here goes...

meh i suck.  someone message me on xfire and make the tga into the right files please?
I'll be on that.
Kez
+778|5720|London, UK
Day 6 - The Ambassador
https://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/Kptk92/TeamFortress2-TheSpyUpdate_12427674.jpg

Last edited by Kptk92 :D (2009-05-19 14:12:01)

Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6758

Looks good imo. I guess this would appeal to alot of players who get frustrated by the way the normal revolver shoots.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6173|Vancouver | Canada
I hope it headshots with crits...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard