Poll

Will this new patch save bf2?

Yes29%29% - 38
No70%70% - 91
Total: 129
$tayGold
Be Eazy!
+10|5530|USA
I'd also love to see bf2 live on for a long long time. I just got back into bf2. I love it, its so fun. It would be a shame for all the servers to go down because of EA not making enough money. LOVE LIVE BF2.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5592|Dublin, Ireland
no
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
No, like everything it will fade into obscurity.
$tayGold
Be Eazy!
+10|5530|USA
What do you guys think will happen after EA gets rid of the ranking system? unranked servers for free?

This site will also get put outta commission probably? its for the stats :0

Last edited by Beer*Abuser (2009-05-12 10:01:55)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6130|Scotland!
lol no
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
remove ranks, earn unlocks another way, remove most stats
completely remake infantry combat
Proper jet balance on all maps
Claymores back to 1.12 mode
Adequate system for getting vehicles instead of standing around rubbing out your e key
Ditch minimum requirements for technical upgrades (max view distances especially)
Fix hitreg properly

I could go on
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned

Beer*Abuser wrote:

What do you guys think will happen after EA gets rid of the ranking system? unranked servers for free?

This site will also get put outta commission probably? its for the stats :0
Are you for real - You really think you can purchase a free unranked server? Wow...

There is fuck all difference in purchasing unranked and ranked servers, perhaps .05 cent/slot more or so...

EA have gradually have fucked up the game with the release of every new patch... 1.5 won't be any different.

Like a wise man once said:

Irishpride wrote:

There are some issues that need to be attended to, clearly, and need to be done right. I could name 100 players off the top of my head that could tell you (EA/Dice) exactly what to change to give this game the potential it has. It's clear the programmers are listening to the wrong people.

I've come here before and listed off numerous issues that need addressing, I spent hours making the post, and put alot of thought into it. I recieved no reply from any EA/Dice representitive, which is probably why this great game, that we all love to hate, gets worse with every patch.

Kind regards ~ Irishpride - Over 3,500 played hours including public & competitive.
BF2s won't be any different with the release of the patch, 1/2 the members here don't even play anymore...
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6461|cuntshitlake

1.5 will kill BF2.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
$tayGold
Be Eazy!
+10|5530|USA
I agree with you irishpride, they are listening to the wrong people. I'm pretty sure I'm about done play bf2 for good. It was fun while it lasted but I dont' want to waste my time on a game thats going to get worse and worse with time. Thanks for your input guys.
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6519|Polish state of EU
There is no save option in BF2 the game is still doing good imo
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

This 'game' shit is such poxy shite.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6433
Nope because unless by their sheer coding skills they turn water into wine people won't be satisfied with 1.5 and to be honest they're right. There are so many outstanding balance issues, bugs and half-done features that it would take the whole original BF2 team working on it to get it all fixed, let alone 3 guys. That's before new feature requests like customisable HUDs, female soldiers or whatever useless bullshit people can think up on the spot.
L.Sammy
+5|5636|Ireland

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

This 'game' shit is such poxy shite.
And yet you still play?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6189|Roma
Not enough fundamental changes to make it different enough to bring people back/new people in.
It will boost numbers in short term, but won't make much difference apart from possibly extending the life by a short amount for the hardcore players.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

What does the game need saving from?  The people who bitched about the whiners nerfing everything are now bitching about the patch, so it seems like the only thing the game needs saving from are whiny little crybabies who want the game tweaked to fit their specific style of gameplay.

The game will die just like WOW and Warcraft III and Diablo II etc....whenever the people who continue playing years after release get sick of it (not anytime soon).
$tayGold
Be Eazy!
+10|5530|USA
See, thats what I'm thinking. People that own servers don't plan on shutting down anytime soon so I'm hoping bf2 will stay alive for a few more years. Thanks for the hope
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
Define "saved."

People are still going to be playing this game for a long time. It's been on the XFire top 10 since its release and it doesn't look like the game will get knocked off anything soon. Even without the patch.

The 1.5 patch is getting people interested in the game again and while it's not going to fix all the problems, it is definitely a step up from 1.41. If people like the game more than they will play it for longer. But eventually most people will stop playing it. Never all though, with a game that is as large and popular as BF2 it will be a very long time before all the servers are dead. A good example is Command and Conquer Renegade. The game wasn't that popular on it's release but you can still find servers.
$tayGold
Be Eazy!
+10|5530|USA
now the real question is, is when will EA shut down the ranking system? I think they should still let you get ranks but have it like cod4, more of a private ranking system.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6481|P-way, NJ
If they shut down the ranking system then how would they let you have a rank
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6461|cuntshitlake

Pub BF2 will not die until they shut off the ranking system, but I for example have to consider if I want to continue playing this game after 1.5 gets released. I am really not sure and I doubt I am the only one.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
No, at most if will prolong the life of BF2 by a few months. After that most of the enthusiasm will have worn off and people will have moved on again. Except for the die-hard karkand players, but they don't really care about the patch anyhow.

Last edited by RDMC (2009-05-12 12:33:24)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6444|Chicago, IL
no, I don't play online because I can't stand what the players have done to the game, not the minor flaws in the game itself.

widescreen support will make the mods I still play better though
Longbow
+163|6644|Odessa, Ukraine
No.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

no
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
LT.Victim
+1,175|6560|British Columbia, Canada
It won't save it. But it may increase the number of people playing it for a few months at best.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard