5. Jackie Robinson

AussieReaper wrote:

It should be these guys:
http://singaporesportsfan.files.wordpre … salute.jpg

Beduin wrote:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar MVP ever

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Johnny Weissmuller
WHO THE FUCK ARE THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shes hot... But who the fuck is she?
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6533|6 6 4 oh, I forget

DrunkFace wrote:

AARGH!
Follow sports much?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6661|132 and Bush

Ultrafunkula wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

AARGH!
Follow sports much?
Open a book.. turn on the internal webz?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6741|Disaster Free Zone

Ultrafunkula wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

AARGH!
Follow sports much?
Yes, just not shit ones.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6661|132 and Bush

Maradona never stops giving us stuff to write about. He’s like the Latino version of Lindsay Lohan (except extremely talented in a God-like way, mind you); from rehab to tax evasion, Diego is the kind of guy bloggers like to have around. This weekend was not different, as we received word that Maradona is now considered a fugitive by Argentina authorities for failing to appear in court 5 times for a hearing.

The reason for the hearing is even better: according to Argentina’s La Opinión Digital, Maradona ran his car up onto a sidewalk, hit a phone booth, injuring a young couple, then fled the scene. It’s reported that La mano de Dios might be apprehended by police when he returns from Colombia where he is undergoing “cosmetic dental surgery”.
wow
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6692|Finland

Kmarion wrote:

Maradona never stops giving us stuff to write about. He’s like the Latino version of Lindsay Lohan (except extremely talented in a God-like way, mind you); from rehab to tax evasion, Diego is the kind of guy bloggers like to have around. This weekend was not different, as we received word that Maradona is now considered a fugitive by Argentina authorities for failing to appear in court 5 times for a hearing.

The reason for the hearing is even better: according to Argentina’s La Opinión Digital, Maradona ran his car up onto a sidewalk, hit a phone booth, injuring a young couple, then fled the scene. It’s reported that La mano de Dios might be apprehended by police when he returns from Colombia where he is undergoing “cosmetic dental surgery”.
wow
He surely is a winnar.
I need around tree fiddy.
Reciprocity
+721|6641|the dank(super) side of Oregon
if the term athlete is applied loosely i bet hulk hogan is the most recognisable athlete in the world.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6741|Disaster Free Zone

Reciprocity wrote:

if the term athlete is applied loosely i bet hulk hogan is the most recognisable athlete in the world.
No fucking way.

Jackie Chan, no one else comes close.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6733|A sunburnt country
Chuck Norris would have to get a mention wouldn't he?  Oh, I nearly forgot to mention Arnold Schwarzenegger too, surely he'd be up there as one of the most recognised?

Last edited by VspyVspy (2009-05-12 00:07:39)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6661|132 and Bush

I really wish this was still available.. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=31668
Xbone Stormsurgezz
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6655|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
https://www.cbc.ca/gfx/pix/schiavo_terri050318.jpg

Last edited by seymorebutts443 (2009-05-12 00:25:09)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6714

That's not nice to make fun of Helen Keller.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6213|what

I thought that was a gif until I saw it quoted as .jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6283|Escea

blah wrote:

Barry Sanders
Walter Payton
David Beckham
Maradona
Pele
Muhammad Ali

and of course
you'll gonna love this
http://liverpool.theoffside.com/files/2008/02/keane.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jivF77HfpHY
Roy Keane would get his ass handed to him by a lot of other footballers. VJ and Eric Cantona come to mind.

Ali though I would place at the top, with Woods and Pele close behind.

VspyVspy wrote:

Chuck Norris would have to get a mention wouldn't he?  Oh, I nearly forgot to mention Arnold Schwarzenegger too, surely he'd be up there as one of the most recognised?
I guess you could class Ahnuld as an athlete, but his fame will easily stem more from his acting than when he was doing the bodybuilding.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2009-05-12 03:20:15)

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6635|London
This is like impossible to say. Every generation has a new 'great' and you can't really compare them.

Also there is no sport that transcends geography, most countries are really into one or two and completely ignorant about the rest.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5744|SQUID
Thurman Thomas
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6733|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Mo Ali or Beckam.  Even the most deprived and poor children around the world know who these fella's are.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6816|Scotland

ghettoperson wrote:

Switch wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Globally Michael Jordan is bigger than David Beckham. I am quite sure of that. As is Pele.
Although Pele is arguable, there is no way Michael Jordan is more recognisable than David Beckham.  As others have said, Basketball just isn't popular enough globally.  If you showed everyone in the world a photograph of each, I'm certain more would recognise Beckham over Jordan.

Tiger Woods is a good shout though.
Maybe less so now, but certainly 10 years ago Jordan would definitely be globally recognised. You need to think outside the UK for a minute.
Basketball is actually very popular outside the UK. The Brits have never been good at it, so they never cared for it much.

You got China ( HUGE fan base, bigger than their love for football ), Russia, Germany, Greece and Spain. All crazy about basketball. Oh, and the serbs.

There are more Chinese people alone that know about Michael Jordan than people in Europe that know about Beckham.

You really aren't thinking outside the UK. Basketball never got here, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist elsewhere.

As a PURE athlete, Jordan is more recognised. As a TV star, it's David. But we are talking about athletes.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6681|London, England
I'd say Jordan can also be considered a TV star etc.. infact moreso than Beckham. Guy's been the main character in a feature length film with the likes of Bugs Bunny, can't get more global than that
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5824|Belgium
Shes hot... But who the fuck is she?
Are you serious?

Read the filename. Allison Stokke.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5996

Wow now that is perfection !
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)