Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6618|Auteuil, Laval
Mmmkay...

I know, photos or it didn't happened but...

That's a cool one! 

My real life buddy got hacked yesterday, in a matter of minutes he lost his MSN and his Steam account.  He managed to get some basic infos from the guy he though it was; he saw the email, knew in the city where he's from he was also the latest one added to his friends list.  For the city he had talked to him over Ventrilo.  Jumping on the phone he called one of his closest friends that work at one of the big company around Montréal.  He's the manager of the IT dept of this company, the park of computer under his control is in the vicinity of 3,000.  He know's his stuff basically.  He started some searches and he has been able to find them concording factors and only one guy came identical so he had the hacker!  He told us later that his heart was pumping like crazy.   He got hold of his MSN, screwed the one of the other guy completely and got the Steam account concordance in the logs.  Called back my friend, sent him an email stating all of those to be forwarded to Steam.  My buddy got a ticket N°, made all stuff all right and he should be getting his Steam shortly.

Our buddy that is The IT manager finished his MSN with some welcome message saying "I got owned like a newb".
Would like to be a little bird and see him responding to his MSN buddys why he wrote that, he had quite a long list of contacts.
He told us that it was not the principal email, not enough personal stuff but a lot of classified stuff.  He had a car for sell and some other stuff.
When I've heard of this it was about 7PM  and then we went to see Star Trek laughing about it asking ourselves how we could make him regret more than what was done already.  We were thinking of purchasing some stuff and making a delivery to his own house,  Stupid stuff like lingerie, baby stuff or whatever.  Our buddy told us that he had his Paypal account access but that was a line he wasn't ready to cross.  Coming back from the movie we tried to call him, no service at that phone N°.  We tried the classified where his stuff was listed, the hacker had locked all stuff and no other personal info were getting out of it nor from other sources.

The bad thing though is that this guy by getting owned like that, I mean that it's not enough, will only reinforced him in his way of doing things.

He still had a lesson.

Watch out hackers, you may be hacked back!!!
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5541|Toronto

Freezer7Pro wrote:

What?
He's from Quebec and obviously doesn't speak English daily, give him a break.

Very cool story! Rare that it happens like that though, just a lucky break I guess. Good call on not crossing the line and using his paypal account, things would have gotten seriously quickly if you had.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

Pochsy wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

What?
He's from Quebec and obviously doesn't speak English daily, give him a break.
His English is better than my French, so I can't say anything. Freezer's first language isn't English either, however, so it's understandable for him too
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6618|Auteuil, Laval
Ho, sorry for the broken shakesperian dialect I'm writting
I'm way more fluent when I speak.  Syntax maybe bizzare but grammar should be OK.
I tried to compress the story also not to get too much TL:DR.

The IT guy knew that this should not be, the Paypal thingy, he made it clear.

But the main thang is that we are happy about the fact that my friend got back all his MSN and Steam.

And the other one won't.

I know Freezer, don't worry, I'm a long member that like primiraly reading over posting.
Still a teen and I'm over twice his age, I'm used of that from my own kids.
Open your eyes and open your mind kid.

Edit = Thanks for comments.

Last edited by Jean_Peste_tu? (2009-05-09 13:25:56)

HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5482|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

Mmmkay...

I know, photos or it didn't happened but...

That's a cool one! 

My real life buddy got hacked yesterday, in a matter of minutes he lost his MSN and his Steam account.  He managed to get some basic infos from the guy he though it was; he saw the email, knew in the city where he's from he was also the latest one added to his friends list.  For the city he had talked to him over Ventrilo.  Jumping on the phone he called one of his closest friends that work at one of the big company around Montréal.  He's the manager of the IT dept of this company, the park of computer under his control is in the vicinity of 3,000.  He know's his stuff basically.  He started some searches and he has been able to find them concording factors and only one guy came identical so he had the hacker!  He told us later that his heart was pumping like crazy.   He got hold of his MSN, screwed the one of the other guy completely and got the Steam account concordance in the logs.  Called back my friend, sent him an email stating all of those to be forwarded to Steam.  My buddy got a ticket N°, made all stuff all right and he should be getting his Steam shortly.

Our buddy that is The IT manager finished his MSN with some welcome message saying "I got owned like a newb".
Would like to be a little bird and see him responding to his MSN buddys why he wrote that, he had quite a long list of contacts.
He told us that it was not the principal email, not enough personal stuff but a lot of classified stuff.  He had a car for sell and some other stuff.
When I've heard of this it was about 7PM  and then we went to see Star Trek laughing about it asking ourselves how we could make him regret more than what was done already.  We were thinking of purchasing some stuff and making a delivery to his own house,  Stupid stuff like lingerie, baby stuff or whatever.  Our buddy told us that he had his Paypal account access but that was a line he wasn't ready to cross.  Coming back from the movie we tried to call him, no service at that phone N°.  We tried the classified where his stuff was listed, the hacker had locked all stuff and no other personal info were getting out of it nor from other sources.

The bad thing though is that this guy by getting owned like that, I mean that it's not enough, will only reinforced him in his way of doing things.

He still had a lesson.

Watch out hackers, you may be hacked back!!!
What the fuck?  Bull shit.  It doesn't even make sense.  Your friend was probably hacked by a keylogger or a RAT.  Only way for that to happen is by download.  And how did some 'IT manager' find him?  It's not like he has remote access to every single computer within his 'vicinity'.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

Ho, sorry for the broken shakesperian dialect I'm writting
You call "that" Shakespearian writing? (You spelt Shakespearian wrong btw).
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6618|Auteuil, Laval
That's exactly why I don't post often, just the attitude of normal dark age homo sapiens repulses me to do it.

You are nailing me on the fact that a letter missing or bad sentence constructions, you are just fucking awesomely immature.
My english was basically learned at work so my day to day chit-chat, small talk you call and slang is poorer.
Don't worry I'll get you back

I'm also lacking the knowledge of a lot of things about computers. 
I don't have MSN, I have only 5 real life friends & family members that have my real email because I don't trust computer USERS nor I trust things that I don't know how they work.  I know also that MSN is a passage for some viruses and some other stuff elsewhere.  Computers don't come with a manual that tells you how to prevent 110% not to get hacked or whatever and to manage it.  I had to reformat my computer enough because of viruses on what seems normal web pages, trying to look for desktop pictures got me mad one day.  I've lost confidence in/on Internet. 
I don't purchase on Internet, I go to the store.  If anything happen I can rape the store not the Internet, it's a fucking wire!
That's the only time I open my life like this except in the Lifeline thread.  I'm not going to come back on this, that is my perception of it, period.
Short version, I know fuck-all about software management because nothing is available to tell me what is the best way to manage a computer so trying to tell a story on this is a bit harder.

Now that story, you believe it or you don't, that's it.  I'm not going to explain it more clearly because I can't.  In french we use way more words than in english, I'm missing maybe some practice.  But by the reaction it's not inviting. 

Again you like it or you don't, comment on it or don't, but just don't bash please.

If I've insulted your mother tongue, please accept my sincerest apologies. 
Just for the fun of it, translate that post here in french so I can have my turn.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
i liked the story. quit raggin on the guy for not being amazing at english - i'd like to see some of you being so good at french.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6618|Auteuil, Laval
Got some karma, after all maybe I'm the one over reacting!
Keep the comments coming that might get me outta my shell.

Peace and thanks!

At HaiBai;
    My real life friend was stupid enough to feed the hacker personal info.  Primarily he's the one in fault, he ran for his trouble but at the same time he was quick enough to gather infos and use his memory to make them coincide in time and other stuff that don't make sens for me.
The guy that resolved my friend trouble is working at a world class company dealing around the world (obviously).  I don't want him to be in trouble also.  I've cut some stuff for that and the hacker was not having wrong alias all over the place and some of his stuff were on the public services and were found easily.  You seem to be knowledgeable enough so you can't be fooled easily, good for you m8, but it did happen.

Merci à ceux qui me supportent.
Thanks for the one that supports me.

Have a good mothers day!

Edit = typo

Last edited by Jean_Peste_tu? (2009-05-10 08:30:22)

MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6594
Good story.

Posting on this forum has probably helped a lot of people with their English, so feel free to post more often!
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5482|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Jean_Peste_tu? wrote:

What is a RAT?
Random Access Terrorist?
Remote access tool.  Basically a back-door trojan.  This kind of stuff is definately possible, just not the way you described it.  I believe you, but plain personal information is not enough to get you hacked.  I can post my IP, open ports, where I live, my first name, turn off my anti-virus, etc, and I'm sure no one would be able to hack me.  I could get DDoS'd, but that would just shut down my internet.  However, if I downloaded a trojan that sent information from my computer back to the hacker's computer, then that would make sense.  No hard feeling though. 
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6128|Carnoustie MASSIF
I liked it Fucked him back over. Well done.

And well done to you for having such a good grasp on a second language.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
Next " Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me " = ban
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6128|Carnoustie MASSIF

ATG wrote:

Next " Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me " = ban
Good man
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

Seems like this is a case of clever social engineering or keylogging rather than actual hacking
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6618|Auteuil, Laval

max wrote:

Seems like this is a case of clever social engineering or keylogging rather than actual hacking
prbbly!

It's something I can't even appreciate.

MSN is linked to your computer and come bundled with Windows. 
The IT guy has fucked up all infos in the MSN account of the hacker.

Is it linked so that you get only one licence per Windows licence?  I sincerely don't know.
If yes for a while, until he figure out or not, he will have to use another medium for communication.

The next time he will try something he will think before making a move.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard