-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Reality shows
Welfare
Soap Operas
unmarried pregnancies
cancer, aids, etc.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Justin Bieber
Rebecca Black
Kreayshawn
Soujla Boy
Hannah Montana
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
well i disagree with 4 of those but thats nothing new

of shiftys

Last edited by jord (2011-08-08 11:58:03)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

-Sh1fty- wrote:

unmarried pregnancies
what about unmarried sex
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
HITNRUNXX
+220|6680|Oklahoma City

Finray wrote:

can help out with your credit score, though.
You mean your "debt score" ...

I don't use credit... I don't need a credit score. I budget money away. I have an emergency fund. I don't need debt to help me get more debt. It took years of hard work to get out from under all that crap. The stress relief alone has been worth it.

If the world had no credit cards, you wouldn't need credit cards in order to get credit cards (or car loans, etc). I stand by my statement of the world would be better off without them.

Last edited by HITNRUNXX (2011-08-08 12:05:18)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
hey bank can I get £200,000 so I can buy this lovely house with my new wife so we can make a future together and bring up kids and have lots of lovely sex

well let's just take a look here, it says you've never ever taken on any credit and have no proof of ever being able to repay it or any signs you're trustworthy at all

next
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Uzique wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Oh and if you ever want to get a hotel room, you'll need a credit card.
my dad hasn't used a credit card in 15 years and gets by just fine.
I guess it's do-able, just means they pre-authorise your card for money money.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Our entire system relies on debt and interest...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

Finray wrote:

hey bank can I get £200,000 so I can buy this lovely house with my new wife so we can make a future together and bring up kids and have lots of lovely sex

well let's just take a look here, it says you've never ever taken on any credit and have no proof of ever being able to repay it or any signs you're trustworthy at all

next
nobody even gets on the housing ladder now with a mortgage until they're like 38 (average age)... but good luck building a super credit rating on those £300 electronics gadgets!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

ghettoperson wrote:

Uzique wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Oh and if you ever want to get a hotel room, you'll need a credit card.
he doesn't need credit for anything now. i see no reason for credit cards in middle-age.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
HITNRUNXX
+220|6680|Oklahoma City

Finray wrote:

next
Hey bank, can I get a loan for a new house that is worth $200,000?

Well let's take a look here, it says you don't have any debt, other than your current house. It is worth $150,000 and you already paid it down to $100,000. You also make $100,000 a year. Gee, I don't know.

Here is a $50,000 in cash from my equity from selling my current house.

Oh so you only need us to loan you $150,000 on a house that is worth $200,000 as collateral? Sure, sign right here. We HOPE we get to foreclose on you and make a quick profit.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6680|Oklahoma City
By the way, I bought my current house with no credit cards, and no debt, and was only making $30,000/year. They were quick to loan, and the government offers first time home owners bonds to encourage people to buy. SO I got a better than "great credit score" interest rate (They were 7.8 at the time, I got 6.5), had no closing costs, paid nothing down, and the first bank I went to jumped all over it. Then they sold my loan, then I refinanced for 5.5%.

NEEDING credit cards is a myth. Trust me. I have lived better without them than with them.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
i think the point he was making is that banks base a large amount of your loan evaluation on your 'credit rating', i.e. how reliable and dependable you are as evidenced by your previous credit history. to that extent, for loans in the uk at least, you do need a good 'credit buffer' to prove that you are able and reliable.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6680|Oklahoma City
I understand what he was saying, but at least here in the United States, that is what everyone believes, but it isn't remotely true. America believes you HAVE to have credit cards to have a credit rating to buy a house/car/TV/groceries... It gets ridiculous. Hats off to the Credit Card companies and their marketing strategy. They took over the entire country in under 30 years.

And again, my point was that we would be better off without them. If they did not exist, the banks couldn't very well take them into consideration, now could they?

But seriously, think about how asinine the system is. "Oh you have had to borrow large amounts of money in the past... For everything from candy bars to televisions... Ok, we will let you borrow more money."

Compared to "Oh, you have kept a great budget and never had to borrow money in your life. You are financially stable and competent. You have made great decisions in life and have a savings account, retirement, and pay cash for things. Sorry, we don't trust you with our money."
Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6118|Estonia
Estonia
bf2s
China
Russia
OrangeHound
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
So, I got my first job, and I'll be making money and trying to save and be smart with my cash. Any tips?
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
um, save and be smart with your cash?
Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6118|Estonia

coolstorybro wrote:

um, save and be smart with your cash?
prolly
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

-Sh1fty- wrote:

So, I got my first job, and I'll be making money and trying to save and be smart with my cash. Any tips?
post in an apt thread?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
true

I was actually looking for credit card advice and types of bank account infos.

Which thread should I post in Finny?
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
you're too young for a credit card. just get a bank account at wells fargo or bank of america
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Yeah I was thinking BOA.

I was thinking of a debit card though, so I don't always have to have cash on me.
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
yeah, every bank account comes with a debit card these days
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Uzique wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Uzique wrote:

he doesn't need credit for anything now. i see no reason for credit cards in middle-age.
I swear my brain is slowly melting. Why would I write money money instead of more money?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard