SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6509|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Now she is just admitting she is a moron.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05 … rding-use/

Pelosi Accuses CIA of 'Misleading' Congress on Waterboarding
When you are in the wrong start pointing fingers.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

Nancy Pelosi thinks you are dumb.

This thread is torture.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6016|Truthistan

SgtHeihn wrote:

Who would be the one responsible for approving what the CIA tells Congress, that would be the administration and more likely Cheney.
Testimony in the investigation of the "enhanced techniques" has already showed that a memo that called those techniques torture and being illegal was collected up and destroyed by the administration. That means that the "opinions" are not opinions at all but manufactured pieces for political cover and possibly cover from criminal wrong doing. Why do you think Cheney is now running around an basically saying that if he goes down he's taking Bush with him.

Now if Cheney had a hand in manufacturing opinions about "enhanced techniques" you can be pretty sure that everything that was reported to Congress was also vetted to convey the proper message.

In the end its a non issue what was told to congress, it not like they were "the decider."
and I agree this thread has been tortured enough.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

So she's either easily manipulated and entirely incompetent, or she lies like 99% of every other politician.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/05/14/ … nnSTCVideo
"But the committees can look into and see the timing of who knew what and when and what the nature of the briefing was. I have not been briefed as to what they were briefed on in February. I was just briefed that they were informed that some of the enhanced situations were used," she said.

After Pelosi's news conference, a CIA spokesman said the agency's records, and a chart showing which members of Congress were briefed and when, indicate that Pelosi was briefed on the interrogation methods being used.

"The language in the chart -- 'a description of the particular EITs [enhanced interrogation techniques] that had been employed' -- is true to the language in the Agency's records," spokesman George Little said in a statement.

"As Director Panetta pointed out in his recent letter to the Congress, 'This information, however, is drawn from the past files of the CIA and represents MFRs [memoranda for the record] completed at the time and notes that summarized the best recollections of those individuals. In the end, you and the Committee will have to determine whether this information is an accurate summary of what actually happened,' " Little said.

House Minority Leader John Boehner said Pelosi's comments "continue to raise more questions than provide answers."

"I've dealt with our intelligence professionals for the last 3½ years on an almost daily basis. And it's hard for me to imagine that anyone in our intelligence area would ever mislead a member of Congress," he said.

Asked about Pelosi's allegations that Republican policy was leading the country astray, Boehner said, "I think the problem is that the speaker has had way too many stories on this issue."

"When you look at the number of briefings that the speaker was in and other Democrat members of the House and Senate, it's -- it's pretty clear that they were well aware of what these enhanced interrogation techniques were, they were well aware that they had been used, and -- and it seems to me that they want to have it both ways. You can't have it both ways," he said.
Let's stop pretending that this lady is the champion of civil liberties. It does the cause little justice. The timeline is well documented and she's only drawing more attention to herself while desperately trying to salvage her credibility.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6205|Ireland
I'd tap it.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yTsYC6Zb8cA/RxcL-h3OhoI/AAAAAAAAAKo/hWx8ZP9cXwI/s400/Comrade

https://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/h/c/1/pelosi_nip_tuck.jpg
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6738
It was awesome watching her stutter and stammer today... She now has brought all the torture attention on herself...
She is not smart and she is bat shit crazy... I am guessing this will be BO's and the rest of the govt's chance to take her down...
Time to make cookies Grandma....lol
Love is the answer
Diesel_dyk
+178|6016|Truthistan

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

It was awesome watching her stutter and stammer today... She now has brought all the torture attention on herself...
She is not smart and she is bat shit crazy... I am guessing this will be BO's and the rest of the govt's chance to take her down...
Do you think this is a bipartisan play to oust her?
That will be interesting to watch for.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6205|Ireland
She is the face of American Politics
https://blog.otownhandyman.com/wp-content/images/pelosi.jpg
Thanks Democrats, you couldn't have found a kookier old bat to freak out my kids while I watch the news.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6738

Diesel_dyk wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Do you think this is a bipartisan play to oust her?
That will be interesting to watch for.
I think so... she has been a pain in Baracks ass since he took office... and she really is nuts...lol
Prosecuting Bush and co on torture would open a big can of worms and Barack wasn't going to do it...
Barack could face the same scrutiny after he leaves office...Predatot drone killings in Pakistan and whatever else someone on the opposite side
thinks is wrong...   

Back when she and the others found out... 9/11 was still fresh on everyones mind and most people didn't care what they did to terrorists to get confessions... 

and on top of everything... now the CIA is pissed about what she is lying about...
or was too stupid to understand...i don't know which is worse...?
Love is the answer
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6433|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

There are the conventions on torture, they apply during war too.
Are you positive about that?

And the whole problem with those conventions are they are open to interpretation...exactly what occurred in this case.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6433|'Murka

Diesel_dyk wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Who would be the one responsible for approving what the CIA tells Congress, that would be the administration and more likely Cheney.
Testimony in the investigation of the "enhanced techniques" has already showed that a memo that called those techniques torture and being illegal was collected up and destroyed by the administration. That means that the "opinions" are not opinions at all but manufactured pieces for political cover and possibly cover from criminal wrong doing. Why do you think Cheney is now running around an basically saying that if he goes down he's taking Bush with him.

Now if Cheney had a hand in manufacturing opinions about "enhanced techniques" you can be pretty sure that everything that was reported to Congress was also vetted to convey the proper message.

In the end its a non issue what was told to congress, it not like they were "the decider."
I suppose that explains why Obama's administration won't release the reports Cheney requested that show the efficacy of the techniques. They are just as classified as what Obama released to start the shitstorm.

The bottomline is that certain members of Congress and their senior staffers (that would include Pelosi) are briefed on EVERYTHING that happens. EVERYTHING. They have to be in order for the funding for those programs to flow. Programs of that nature receive very careful scrutiny by Congress. For her to claim they weren't told about it is bullshit. By giving the go-ahead for the program (which is exactly what would have to have been done for funding to flow), she is complicit in what she has deemed to be criminal activity. Condemned by her own words.

At least Cheney is up front about it.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Diesel_dyk
+178|6016|Truthistan

FEOS wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

I suppose that explains why Obama's administration won't release the reports Cheney requested that show the efficacy of the techniques. They are just as classified as what Obama released to start the shitstorm.

The bottomline is that certain members of Congress and their senior staffers (that would include Pelosi) are briefed on EVERYTHING that happens. EVERYTHING. They have to be in order for the funding for those programs to flow. Programs of that nature receive very careful scrutiny by Congress. For her to claim they weren't told about it is bullshit. By giving the go-ahead for the program (which is exactly what would have to have been done for funding to flow), she is complicit in what she has deemed to be criminal activity. Condemned by her own words.

At least Cheney is up front about it.
I guess the latest is that the enhanced interrogation techniques were used for the purpose of collecting information to support the Iraq war. Some are saying that even the manufactured opinions require an imminent threat to make the enhanced techniques legal. I guess the would be the Jack Bower torture loophole.

But, if they were using these techniques to support invading Iraq, then the opinions don't apply. Which is why Cheney is now running around trying to get these other memos released... Its interesting that he knows that these two memos exist and he remembers them in detail. He probably instructed the CIA to draft these.

So you have the veiled threat by Cheney that he will take Bush down with him, you have the legal opinions that are his get out of jail card, and you have these memos that support his story that the enhanced techniques were used to save American lives from imminent threat. But what might trip Cheney up is that the techniques were already being used to support the invasion of Iraq... IMO Pelosi might be trying to make this point but she's missed it by a long shot.

I still think its been Cheney/ Rumsfield the whole time. During Bush's first term Cheney ran all over Bush. That's why Bush Sr. sent in Baker and friends in to reign in Cheney. I think after that Rumsfield was fired. The way Cheney is running around shooting his mouth off about all this, I would think that his pace maker might suddenly and "accidentally" explode. If you know what I mean. IMO most people don't want to waste time going after these guys, it would be too messy and Pelosi is too retarded to stfu and stand out of the way as everyone tries to shovel the shit out the door.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6205|Ireland
I find it funny that if you would have talked to half the retards screaming about torture in the year following 9-11 they would have been fine with it.  Liberals have such short memories and zero values to guide their opinions on anything.  Look at US opinion polls from year to year on the exact same thing.  What a bunch of retards make up this country anymore, we are fucking screw'd.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard