Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

A former Afghan official says an investigation should be conducted into U.S. soldiers allegedly trying to convert Muslims to Christianity.

Ahmed Shah Ahmedzai, Afghanistan's former prime minister, said footage shot by a U.S. documentary filmmaker showing U.S. military chaplains at Bagram Air Force base discussing how to distribute Pashto language copies of the Bible to Muslims reveals a violation of regulations, Al Jazeera reported Monday.

"This is a complete deviation from what they (the U.S. military) are supposed to be doing," Ahmedzai said. "I don't think even the U.S. Constitution would allow what they are doing … it is completely against all regulations. This is very damaging for diplomatic relations between the two countries."
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/05/04/ … 241469914/

So if it isn't bullshit what punishment should the soldiers face? Is this an non issue completely?

Last edited by Macbeth (2009-05-05 16:45:09)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

I'm sure there's a GO (general order) prohibiting proselytizing.

Certainly not a non issue. Someone should get fired.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6180|Ireland
I say we kill anyone who complains for being a social terrorist.  I have been taught by the US media that Islam is a peaceful tollerant religion, so anyone throwing a fit over this must be that 1% minority that is radical ( i learnt that only 1% is radical on this forum ).
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England
I hate these idiots that do stupid shit like this, not saying these guys are as bad as some of the guys that go crazy and kill loads of innocent people, but just in general. There's no better way in letting the enemy win than by being a douchebag whilst on service and letting your comrades and the mission down in the process

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-05-05 17:10:02)

Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6180|Ireland

Mekstizzle wrote:

I hate these idiots that do stupid shit like this, not saying these guys are as bad as some of the guys that go crazy and kill loads of innocent people, but just in general. There's no better way in letting the enemy win than by being a douchebag whilst on service and letting your comrades and the mission down in the process
I agree, they should behead the Muslims that refused to convert.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England
And also behead those that do convert, for converting away from Islam
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina
Trading one make-believe for another....  how quaint.
imortal
+240|6662|Austin, TX

Turquoise wrote:

My fake god can beat up your fake god?
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5747|شمال
This is bad.
Because then, Dr.Ayman and OBL are "correct" when they say this is a crusade.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6526|Global Command
I thought Islam was based on the old testament, which is part of the bible.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

If true it's wrong. We aren't paying our soldiers to spread the word.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

imortal wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

But its the same fake god...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

So if it isn't bullshit what punishment should the soldiers face? Is this an non issue completely?
Only an issue if it went against policy. Ultimately, Muslims are free to reject Christianity as easily as Christians reject Islam.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

( i learnt that only 1% is radical on this forum )
Not 0.9% or 1.27%?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2009-05-06 00:48:02)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Beduin wrote:

This is bad.
Because then, Dr.Ayman and OBL are "correct" when they say this is a crusade.
No, they're not.

A handful of people in one part of one country where US troops are located are violating orders and policy.

That's hardly "a crusade".

But then again, the people who listen to Zawahiri and bin Laden aren't exactly predisposed to applying critical thought to issues.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Balok77
+28|6145
The crusades were never aimed at converting people to Christianity anyway, merely getting rid of them.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6733|Salt Lake City

With any luck, when their tours are up, or this over, they will choose to remain there and continue to hunt men for Jesus!

What a bunch of fucking tards.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6180|Ireland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Ultimately, Muslims are free to reject Christianity as easily as Christians reject Islam.
Wrong, Christians don't get beheaded or stoned to death for not rejecting.  In Islam it is not a freedom to reject Christianity, it is a matter of survival in many parts of the Middle East.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6643

ATG wrote:

I thought Islam was based on the old testament, which is part of the bible.
well its composed of both stuff from old and new testament
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

imortal wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Buddha'll kung fu your gods!
NantanCochise
+55|5976|Portugal/United States
My God is bigger than your God!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6625|IRELAND

Shouldn't they be wasting the towel heads, not "saving" them?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard