Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

The first big-box store in western Hidalgo County opens today in Peñitas, a year after the retail giant delayed completion of the building to redesign the store, reconfigure departments and modify the product mix to try to boost the appeal to a Mexican-American population.

The decision caused a stir among those curious to see what Wal-Mart would do to better accommodate its South Texas customer base.

The results: Wider aisles uncluttered by extraneous product displays and sale racks; freshly made tortillas and chips; and a juice bar serving agua fresca and frozen fruit bars.
http://www.themonitor.com/articles/twis … c-wal.html
Supermercado de Wal-Mart, the new Hispanic-focused food concept from Wal-Mart, opened its first location in Houston Wednesday, bringing what Eduardo Castro-Wright, vice chairman of Wal-Mart, called “the most dramatic expression” of its recent efforts to improve fresh food merchandising.

The 39,000-square-foot Supermercado de Wal-Mart will carry approximately 13,000 products, including a wide assortment of fresh tropical fruits and vegetables and a bakery that offers more than 40 traditional sweet breads and fresh corn tortillas, according to the Bentonville, Ark.-based retailer. The store’s meat department features specialty meats such as milanesa, diezmillo, fajitas, chuleta de cerdo, carnes marinadas and arrachera, designed to meet the specific preferences of local Hispanic customers.
http://supermarketnews.com/retail_finan … cado_0430/
I don't know this seems slightly insulting but Mexicans mainly work those damn WalMarts so they might as well get one themed for them.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
fair enough, play to your market.

no different from opening a starbucks near offices or a funeral home near retirement homes.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
Walmart sucks.
They should be broken up as a monopoly.

They are a small business killing machine.

Sams Club too.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

Walmart does suck. The only thing you can do is to shop elsewhere and ask your friends to do the same.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
they havnt made much of an impact over here, but then again we have our own walmart already.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6402|'Murka

ATG wrote:

Walmart sucks.
They should be broken up as a monopoly.

They are a small business killing machine.

Sams Club too.
Yeah! And so is Target.

And Costco.

And Fred Myer.

And Shopko.

And KMart.

And BJ's.

And...hey...wait a minute...that's an awful lot of "monopolies". Competing against each other and stuff.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK

FatherTed wrote:

they havnt made much of an impact over here, but then again we have our own walmart already.
They own ASDA.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6570|Columbus, OH
My family is dead-set against shopping at Wal-Mart because it affects local small business. It is to a point about not saving money but trying to do more business with the smaller local stores.

As for me, I love fookin Churros I might shop at Wal Mart more if they have Churros in the Deli.

The only time I go to Wal-Mart because they have an electronic accessory cheaper than Best Buy and can't wait for online order or get something in the Sporting Goods dept.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

inb4swinefludispenser

The WalMart sign hovers above the ASDA one here.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum

m3thod wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

They own ASDA.
not doing a whole pile with it either.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard