Longbow
+163|6656|Odessa, Ukraine
As you read this, the long awaited Battlestations: Pacific Demo should be rolling out onto Xbox LIVE and Games for Windows Marketplace everywhere.

Featuring one single player mission from the US campaign, Divine Winds of Leyte, you'll be thrown feet first into the action taking on a deadly Kamikaze attack on a US carrier fleet, before ultimately sinking one of Japan's largest battleships.

But that's not all. Also included in the demo are two of our brand new multiplayer modes, available for play offline in single player Skirmish.

Siege, where one team must hold and defend an island stronghold whilst the other must attempt to capture it before the time runs out, and Island Capture, where you'll be able to choose and set up your war machines as you see fit and fight your way through enemy defences in order to capture all important territory, unlocking specific naval supplies along the way. The first team to control all of the islands claiming the win.

But you've waited long enough, go see for yourself. Hit the links below to grab your first official taste of Battlestations: Pacific.

Xbox 360 Demo here (Via Xbox LIVE Marketplace)

Games for Windows Demo here (via Gamespot)

Consider this your training, as we'll all be looking out for you online when the game ships in the next couple of weeks. You have been warned.

Be sure to let us know your feedback in the forums, but most importantly... Enjoy!

Please allow time for the demo to roll out everywhere. It may not show up immediately for everyone. The PC demo will be available through a number of sources shortly (Steam, IGN, Gameshadow, Games for Windows Marketplace) and we'll be updating this post with new links and mirrors as they become active. Patience, and you shall be rewarded.

Link
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
The game looks good. There's a shitload of stuff going on and it's a new take on strategy. I'll try it out.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6446|Brisbane, Australia
Looks good. What type of game is it?  RTS? Flying arcade/sim? Boating Arcade/sim?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York

Machine_Madness wrote:

Looks good. What type of game is it?  RTS? Flying arcade/sim? Boating Arcade/sim?
Pretty much a mix of everything you posted.

You control everything. The ships, the planes (including the kamikazes), every damn thing.

The first one was alright, but the second one looks to have improved on a lot.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6008|Vortex Ring State

Poseidon wrote:

Machine_Madness wrote:

Pretty much a mix of everything you posted.

You control everything. The ships, the planes (including the kamikazes), every damn thing.

The first one was alright, but the second one looks to have improved on a lot.
It's like naval warfare sim. Like ArmA, but RTS, and naval. (Fail comparison, lol)
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6375|California
I have the 1st one on PC its
Will dl this on PC & 360, but I think i'll be getting it for the PC.
Longbow
Japanese heavy cruisers are <3 <3 <3 Nachi mission from Battlestations: Midway
GR34
+215|6554|ALBERTA> CANADA
battle stations midway sucked. so this will probably suck 2
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5995|Aus, Qld
This is The first mission is intense
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

Looks good - and Im downloading the demo now I was going to buy Midway earlier today - having never played it, but decided against it. Now I can check out the demo of Pacific and see if its worth it

Edit: <3 it! Odd flight controls for the planes though (well, Im used to Hawx ). Why haven't I played this before? Fuck!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

Any relation to BS: Midway? Couldn't get that to work.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6694|United States of America
I can't get the one from Steam to work. It just prepares to launch and then quits.
DaMaster
+7|5835|USA, WV

DesertFox- wrote:

I can't get the one from Steam to work. It just prepares to launch and then quits.
I had the same issue. Just go to Steam\steamapps\common\battlestations pacific - demo and run bspdemo.exe.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6694|United States of America
After playing through it all, it has a lot of potential imho. I wish I had a joystick with me so I could fairly evaluate the dogfighting, but alas, I don't. It's quite confusing and difficult if you don't know how to play already or read the tons of instructions they attempt to give you.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6789|Great Brown North
i like it, much better than the first one
Longbow

krazed wrote:

i like it, much better than the first one
First one was too
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

Did anyone get this? I freaking love it.

SP is a LOT longer than what Midway was, and is on a larger scale (i.e. the units/formations you command).

Graphics are stunning, gameplay is unique and varied and its got a lasting appeal. It also ties in well with Midway, and the Japanese campaign also has some easter eggs that relate to it For those alone, Id give it 90%+.

However, voice acting and the use of it throughout both the US and IJN campaigns, in this day and age, needs serious questioning. If they had a budget for this game, I would say that 0.005% of it went towards the voice acting, or they got some tramps off the streets. I like to watch the pre-battle movies in every game, but this one, I had to skip every IJN movie for the "accent", which, to me, sounded more German than Japanese (Ive completed both campaigns). It is utterly shite.
The American one is also awful, and is some instances tries to be humerous, but fails. Big time.

It is so bad, that I take that percentage down to 75%....and that is being generous. Which is a shame, as this is such a unique and truely great game.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6718|England. Stoke
Been playing a little bit after I "acquired" it. Few missions into the Jap campaign the new stuff like invade and capturing the islands is good especially when you use one of your ships to pound the shit outta the ground defences/troops!
Some of the new units are also pretty cool (Jap AA destroyer!), but I'm not really sure about the way the planes can just reload in the air now, makes it easier but I dunno, I liked the way before where you had to manage the planes and stuff a bit more.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6789|Great Brown North
i liked it but the voice acting really was terrible, so very bad

sinking a battleship on veteran with a pack of destroyers is
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

Longbow wrote:

As you read this, the long awaited Battlestations: Pacific Demo should be rolling out onto Xbox LIVE and Games for Windows Marketplace everywhere.
"Games for Windows" in that sentence turned me off entirely.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

krazed wrote:

i liked it but the voice acting really was terrible, so very bad

sinking a battleship on veteran with a pack of destroyers is
Took me ages to realise that...but I took out that pack of 3 Im on the last US mission on Vet...gona try it after tea
If you've got the TDM Avengers...they can easily take out a BB from 1 mile away...their exact range of AA, which makes them fucking amazing! <3 em.

coke wrote:

but I'm not really sure about the way the planes can just reload in the air now, makes it easier but I dunno, I liked the way before where you had to manage the planes and stuff a bit more.
Its taken some of the strategy out, but does speed it up a little. Then again, I crashed all my squadrans on Midway so they didnt have to return ind you, if you still have dive/torpedo bombers left alive after a run on a ship formation (against the AI, at least), you are very lucky...
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6375|California
How's the multiplayer? that's the only reason i usually buy games is the multiplayer gameplay:)
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

Must admit, I havent tried it. Done the odd skirmish (same, but against AI), but it depends if you want a long game (Island Capture..can be a few hours due to the strategy apparantly ) or Duel (5minutes of Artillery firing ).
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6375|California

Snake wrote:

Must admit, I havent tried it. Done the odd skirmish (same, but against AI), but it depends if you want a long game (Island Capture..can be a few hours due to the strategy apparantly ) or Duel (5minutes of Artillery firing ).
Seems a lot more fun then BS:Midway MP
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Snake wrote:

Seems a lot more fun then BS:Midway MP
Played a bit last night and some more tonight. Its actually pretty good. Played Duel and Competitive modes so far...duel is quite good fun, 4v4 battleships is kinda boring but gets shit loads of points! Destroyers are more fun IMO...torpedo barrages and arty fire, and its a lot quicker Yet to try cruisers, but planes can be kinda fun...always go in my RAF Hurricane

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard