aimless you should be whipped n chained. 

bevo post em up here  - they'll get lost in EEchat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

aimless you should be whipped n chained. 

bevo post em up here  - they'll get lost in EEchat
oh, we were in chats - here be better, even if they close the thread.
nice catch Kimmmmmm
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

aimless wrote:

I've lived in austin 20 years and have never been :\ Mos Def and Girl Talk would have been pretty cool.
Mos def was shit. He came out late and spent the majority of the set playing drums and trying to rap at the same time. It was bad. He played a good song or two, but the majority was sadface.

I didn't stay for girl talk. Sunday was completely muddy (like terribad), and my legs ached from the other two days.

Here's a quick rundown of the bands I saw:

The Knux: I didn't have very high expectations, but they put on a pretty good show. I was about 5 feet from the front, and had the opportunity to go up on stage, but didn't. Crowd was engaged, they rapped pretty well. Was sweet.

Medeski, Martin, & Wood: Only saw them so I could get to the front of Coheed. Unimpressed, but not my style in the least.

Coheed & Cambria: Holy shit that was loud. They were damn good, though. The singer sometimes was rocking too hard and missed some lyrics, but not to ill effect. He played the guitar with his teeth, and played that metal-rod-thing with his hair. Was .

Thievery Corporation: Again not super high expectations, but I loved the show. It was great, and I think pretty much anyone would have enjoyed it. Played really well IMO.

Citizen Cope: <3. Played well. Not too much to say.

Mos Def: Came out late, spent the majority of the time banging on drums. Was probably high out of his mind. Poor performance, only 1 or 2 decent songs.

Ghostland Observatory: Holy freaking awesome batman. Despite being spooned by several people at the same time, this was epic. Very good show, crowd was dancing the whole time, very engaging, and even brought out the UT marching band. Good lights, fog, etc. Probably my favorite set.

The B-52s: Man, they're old. Like - OLD. Can't dance worth a crap. Played mostly stuff off newer albums which was quite meh, but eventually played Love Shack and Rock Lobster. Ehh. They're too old.

Arctic Monkeys: By this point, I couldn't even think about the show, my legs hurt too much. Put on a pretty decent show I think, but left about 40 minutes in.

Pictures to come later if I can ever get them up.
aimless
+166|6116|Texas
Looking at the lineup now, there's nothing I'm really interested in. ACL just isn't my thing I guess.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6623

What songs did MosDef sing?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

Gooners wrote:

What songs did MosDef sing?
teh fook if I know. he was like this the whole time

https://www.aclfestival.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/3981160266_380baa4ba9.jpg

I don't really know any of his songs so I couldn't tell you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard