too_money2007
+145|6349|Keller, Tx
I recently bought it and the wife and I play it every now and then. Any great tips?

Freaking hell, game is harder than hell. I can only really do 2-3 songs on expert at the moment (70-85% scores for each).
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6804|d
no, never,
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6197|Vancouver | Canada

mafia996630 wrote:

no, never,
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6310
I used to play GH2 for the PS2 back in the day. Back when it was new and interesting. Got pretty good, was able to complete it on Expert with decent ratings throughout. I played a friends GH3 a bit, but by then I was just tired of the whole series.

Not played it since.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6695

I used to be so incredibly bad at the game. Just start off on Easy and work your way up. Only way to get better is to practice.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6684|England
Yes, Im sorta excellent. 5 stars on a lot of experts on WT.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6571|Boston, MA
Practice really. I had GH2 for PS2 and it held my interest for maybe 2 weeks. Then I tried playing hard and realized I'd be better off practiciing a real guitar so I sold GH2 to a friend. Another friend of mine has Rock Band and I'll play with him but I refuse to play guitar because if I wanted to play guitar, I'd play my real one.

It is a good game to kill time with friends though to be honest.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6389|Belfast

DefCon-17 wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

no, never,

Last edited by henno13 (2009-04-28 12:48:00)

Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6568|London (At Heart)

I play that and rockband all the time.

I play expert, can't play all songs but I'm fairly decent, currently struggling on visions on rockband 2
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6725|United States of America
If you think you're bad, you should see my dad trying to play Rock Band.

As you may have guessed, I have RB1 and 2. I can only play medium guitar well, but after that I lack the manual dexterity for a lot of songs. I'm more into drumming in that game than guitar, anyway.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5829|Catherine Black
I got 98% on through the fire and flames on Expert.

Okay, not really, I can't even make my pinky press the blue button, so I never stray out of Easy mode.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6394|West NY

Finray wrote:

Okay, not really, I can't even make my pinky press the blue button, so I never stray out of Easy mode.
I take it you don't own the game/ play it frequently whatsoever
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6366|England
I play GH3 and Rockband. Stuck on the last 3 songs on RB on expert, and the last battle on GH3 on expert
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6725|West Yorkshire, U.K
I am learning bass guitar which is probably more productive than a video game
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5829|Catherine Black

Noobpatty wrote:

Finray wrote:

I take it you don't own the game/ play it frequently whatsoever
Why would anyone choose to own a console?

EDIT: BBCode fail

Last edited by Finray (2009-04-28 14:49:19)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Hooch Pandersnatch
I like shoes
+26|6163|West Aus

DefCon-17 wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

no, never,
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6659|Medford, WI
one of my brothers used to be a freak at guitar hero, now hes really good on drums, and my other brother is really good at singing for rb2
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6171|Carnoustie MASSIF
yeah, big bro and two mates picked up gh3 for 25 pounds a few weeks ago. First time i played it, now playing songs on hard, straying into expert. Then again, i have been playing bass and guitar 10 and 5 years respectively...
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6787|The United Center
I play both GH and RB, though not really so much now as I used to.  I can play most songs on Expert.

As for people saying "man, I'd rather learn REAL guitar", I don't get it.  It's a game...it's not supposed to teach you how to play guitar.  Anyone who actually plays guitar or bass knows that the game isn't anything like playing the instrument.

It's like playing BF2 and using a joystick, but then saying you'd rather go out and be a pilot instead of playing a game.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6672|949

notorious wrote:

I play both GH and RB, though not really so much now as I used to.  I can play most songs on Expert.

As for people saying "man, I'd rather learn REAL guitar", I don't get it.  It's a game...it's not supposed to teach you how to play guitar.  Anyone who actually plays guitar or bass knows that the game isn't anything like playing the instrument.

It's like playing BF2 and using a joystick, but then saying you'd rather go out and be a pilot instead of playing a game.
Dude anyone that plays instruments knows the gameplay for both is centered around drum rhythms anyway.  It's still fun to play, regardless.  I have GH2 and RB2.  RB2 has some really good tracks.
guitar hero is fun - get two guitars and DUAL!
.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5541| - | - | - | - | - |

henno13 wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

no, never,
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6705|NT, like Mick Dundee

I have GH2.

Not very good at it but chuck it on for a laugh occasionally. I do like the songs. Harmonix have pretty good taste in music.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6406|California
I like to sing on RB2 lol, I can 90%+ Expert a lot of songs on there.
skipper2666
Go Canucks Go!
+13|6355|Canada BC

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I like to sing on RB2 lol, I can 90%+ Expert a lot of songs on there.
Singing on rock band 2 is extremely easy and I is a horrible singer..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard