.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6461|The Twilight Zone

I'm Jamesey wrote:

L.Sammy wrote:

I really don't get people on this forums.

These changes are to stop macro uses, and cheaters, if it dose that the leave the changes alone.

Allot of people talk about skill, OK there is skill involved, thinking about your next move, wheres the enemy, when in the arty going to fall.
That's all using your head and teamwork to win a round. But don't tell me that pressing space bar and z really fast is skill. Its called reflexes.

Also, to all the people that think skill comes in the form of an AHK file, your wrong, also having a really good hit-reg is not skill, its you being a luck bastard. If you can take the m11 and kill a whole squad without leaving the ground, then IL call you skilled, but not jump shoot, jump shoot, That's just reflexes.

I would put money on it, that alot of the "SKILLED" players, heli, i/o, are macro users, and if the delay can stop a hotkey working then im all for it.
I can pretty confidently tell you that macros would offer absolutely no advantage on IO. The movment in bf2 is so slow absolutely nobody would need a macro for anything
Once there was a player on WAIB once who had macro that allowed him to move very rapidly to left and right-he was impossible to hit. He did all sorts of stuff in the air and while proned
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Simon
basically
+838|6666|UK

.Sup wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

L.Sammy wrote:

These changes are to stop macro uses, and cheaters, if it dose that the leave the changes alone.

Allot of people talk about skill, OK there is skill involved, thinking about your next move, wheres the enemy, when in the arty going to fall.
That's all using your head and teamwork to win a round. But don't tell me that pressing space bar and z really fast is skill. Its called reflexes.

Also, to all the people that think skill comes in the form of an AHK file, your wrong, also having a really good hit-reg is not skill, its you being a luck bastard. If you can take the m11 and kill a whole squad without leaving the ground, then IL call you skilled, but not jump shoot, jump shoot, That's just reflexes.

I would put money on it, that alot of the "SKILLED" players, heli, i/o, are macro users, and if the delay can stop a hotkey working then im all for it.
I can pretty confidently tell you that macros would offer absolutely no advantage on IO. The movment in bf2 is so slow absolutely nobody would need a macro for anything
Once there was a player on WAIB once who had macro that allowed him to move very rapidly to left and right-he was impossible to hit. He did all sorts of stuff in the air and while proned
and he probably still couldnt aim for shit
BVC
+325|6703
Macros are at best an unfair disadvantage, and at worst outright cheating.  If EA/DICE wanted them in the game, they've have added them to the game.  They haven't - in fact, they've taken steps to limit their utility- so its clear what their intentions are; they don't want macros.

If you're not prepared to press the keys each time, you shouldn't be allowed to do it.  Pressing one button to jump, go prone and then move side to side is just wrong - as is pressing a button which flips you to the gunner seat, fires a TV missile and angles it up in line with the chopper's line of sight.  Anyone who disagrees with me has proven my point.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

Pubic wrote:

Macros are at best an unfair disadvantage, and at worst outright cheating.  If EA/DICE wanted them in the game, they've have added them to the game.  They haven't - in fact, they've taken steps to limit their utility- so its clear what their intentions are; they don't want macros.
That is exactly why they marketed G15 in their BF2 boxes? And only added PB Restriction level 2 settings that block autohotkey (along with many mouse/keyboard drivers and for example running BF2 through steam and other moronic shit.) a while ago?

Pubic wrote:

pressing a button which flips you to the gunner seat, fires a TV missile and angles it up in line with the chopper's line of sight
Pressing F2 and Left mouse button does not require a macro ffs, and the pilot-gunner angle differences are only slight and easily learned. Then again in your case calling someone for macros seems like a way of ranting about players that are better than you.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5991|Perth, Australia
My biggest problems with macros was you had to bind them all to keys that could be easily reached. Every single button within quick finger reach on my keyboard and mouse is already bound to an action in game so i have no idea where people find the buttons to assign these macros.

This prone delay does seem completely pointless though. I started at 1.4 so i never experienced first hand the dolphin diving (or frogging as i prefer to call it) from the ealy days. But i've seen videos and it looks hilarious and completely broken. The .3 delay is all i've really known and it seemed to work just fine.

What macros/cheats is this delay even supposed to prevent?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6661

I'm Jamesey wrote:

And that settles it. Find something better to blame
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5619|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

DefCon-17 wrote:

L.Sammy wrote:

That's like saying pro CS gamers aren't "skilled" because they have crazy reflexes and hand-eye coordination.

Those two skill-sets are the staple of FPS gaming.

Also, who has prone set to the Z key? Honestly.
I have prone set to the "z" key.

I don't think it really matters, but I really don't care and am not terribly good, though I do have some good days.
grassonwater
+4|5943
who doesnt have prone set to Z? Honestly.
grassonwater
+4|5943
o ya Gx

grassonwater wrote:

who doesnt have prone set to Z? Honestly.
BVC
+325|6703

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Pubic wrote:

That is exactly why they marketed G15 in their BF2 boxes? And only added PB Restriction level 2 settings that block autohotkey (along with many mouse/keyboard drivers and for example running BF2 through steam and other moronic shit.) a while ago?

Pubic wrote:

pressing a button which flips you to the gunner seat, fires a TV missile and angles it up in line with the chopper's line of sight
Pressing F2 and Left mouse button does not require a macro ffs, and the pilot-gunner angle differences are only slight and easily learned. Then again in your case calling someone for macros seems like a way of ranting about players that are better than you.
They sold G15s in BF2 boxes?  I did not know this.

If you're in support of macros you're in no position to be calling other people unskilled - it takes more skill to press three buttons in a specific sequence every time you do whatever it is you do, than it does to press one button.  If you disagree with this, then your intelligence is called into question.

Do you use macros?  If so, what do they do?

I dunno, I was bought up to believe in things like sportsmanship.  Clearly, that concept doesn't apply to gaming.  Maybe I should just go get a G15..

Last edited by Pubic (2009-04-27 22:06:59)

Acme1234
+62|6117|Melbourne, Australia
I'd gladly vote and share my input, but every time I try to log in after registering, i just get the following message;

To use these boards, please create a new account at http://profile.ea.com/.

/Sigh
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6565|Brisbane, Aus

After checking the thread on EA forums that tracks all the requests
(seen here-> http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … cking.html  )

Bazajaytee wrote:

· Consensus to revert to 0.3 second delay between jump and prone - Fixed
looks like delay is back to normal.
Wallpaper
+303|6001|The pool
M-m-m-m-m-m-MEGA WIN
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6491|P-way, NJ

grassonwater wrote:

o ya Gx
grass we all know that its bS now, o wait there done with bf2 =/

Those who are complaining about macros do all of us a favor. Uninstall bf2, then reinstall DON'T PATCH IT go play on the 1.0 online server. When you get in there press z,cntrl, space bar,  do it continuously congrats you just did a dolphin dive, did you use a macro? No, you just used 3 fingers...

Last edited by Sgt.Kyle (2009-04-28 20:45:23)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone
In v1.00 you didn't even need the ctrl
That only came about in v1.12 (??) when they put delay to stand after proning.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6443
1.2 and you could still go prone to crouch with no penalty so they made a prone to crouch delay in 1.4. It's still faster to go prone to crouch though

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard