beerface702
+65|6708|las vegas
Thought I would share the word that on April 20th for a limited time 8-12 weeks. Pepsi co is putting out both drinks not with High Fructose Corn Syrup

but with actual cane/beet sugar.

I was able to track down the 20oz bottles at a wal greens after 3 stops..ugh. The pepsi rocks..it taste very crisp and not ultra syrupy. The Dew isn't as good imo, I'm not sure what they did with the formula, but it doesnt have that bite.  I suppose if somebody who does not drink Dew often, could like the Sugar version, it does have a more mellow sip..and goes down easily. Honestly Dew nowadays is a bit much for my taste..I still drink it..just not as much as I did as a Teen.

Here is a comparsion of the ingredients for Dew.

HFCS Mountain Dew
    Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, concentrated orange juice, citric acid, natural flavor, sodium benzoate (preserves freshness), caffeine, sodium citrate, erythorbic acid (preserves freshness), gum arabic, calcium disodium EDTA (to protect flavor), brominated vegetable oil, Yellow 5

Mountain Dew Throwback
    Carbonated water, sugar, citric acid, natural and artificial flavor, sodium benzoate (preserves freshness), caffeine, gum arabic, brominated vegetable oil, Yellow 5

as you can see they left out quite a bit on this "natural" dew..it taste good don't get me wrong..but die hard dew fans will not enjoy it.(try it out though, you may) It's the same for any soft drink with sugar, after nearly 30 years of HFCS on the market. It can be difficult to like something that you may not have ever tasted before.

Im a Coke fan my self, and do drink HFCS coke, have for years in moderation(cant say so much for beer).

And every year during passover get the 2 liter bottles of kosher coke with actual sugar in it..Just stocked up on several here last week before it's gone again. That and Mexican coke..although it's kinda of hard to find for whatever reason..even though I live in a city with a massive mexi population.

anyway check it out if you can find it.

there is a Twitter expanding with locations.

do a hashback with #Throwback- then the city/state..and location where you may have found it.

http://www.bevreview.com/

https://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_mountaindewthrowback01.jpg

https://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_pepsithrowback3.jpg

/

Last edited by beerface702 (2009-04-23 01:58:21)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6343

wow, so they are finally using something other then the cheapest possible sweetener they can use, which was high fructose corn syrup. Good going Pepsi Co! /Sarcasm

I don't touch that shit at all. Artificial sweetners, artificial flavoring, artificial coloring, and preservatives lol no thnx.

I feel sorry for people who buy a 24 pack of that stuff, and drink it within a week
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6376|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
I had the pepsi one.  It was in a glass bottle
and yes, it was delicious.
shame its only out for 10 weeks
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6164|'straya
This shit made it down under? i wanna get my hands on some
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6244|NSW, Australia

me too!

that would be fucking sweet!

i think in aus we have what you call "Mexican coke"
unless you get it from maccas or similar
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5699|SQUID
!!!

Fucking News.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6573|Hungary
All colored and soda filled shit is harming you! Anyway i rather drink fruit juice or water, okey sometimes i drink this crap too but not on a daily basis.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6164|'straya

venom6 wrote:

All colored and soda filled shit is harming you! Anyway i rather drink fruit juice or water, okey sometimes i drink this crap too but not on a daily basis.
In small amount its not so bad. Drinking a litre of it everyday however, is.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6515|so randum
i like coke.

health freaks shhhh ya
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
beerface702
+65|6708|las vegas

Im_Dooomed wrote:

wow, so they are finally using something other then the cheapest possible sweetener they can use, which was high fructose corn syrup. Good going Pepsi Co! /Sarcasm

I don't touch that shit at all. Artificial sweetners, artificial flavoring, artificial coloring, and preservatives lol no thnx.

I feel sorry for people who buy a 24 pack of that stuff, and drink it within a week
you must have had something other than pepsi throwback/dew throwback

because it's only being put out in 12 pack cases and 20oz plastic bottles

I WISH THEY PUT IT OUT IN GLASS BOTTLES

pepsi actually has a new product called

pepsi NATURAL in glass bottles...but it's expensive..and taste like ice tea...and it's not selling well.

hopefully if the sugar pepsi does well..maybe next year we will se pepsi in glass bottles full time...

not holding my breate until the corn farmers bite the dust.
beerface702
+65|6708|las vegas

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

This shit made it down under? i wanna get my hands on some
I have no idea

check out the link I posted at the bottom of the thread.

Im sure someone on there will let you know, there are a couple of aussies on that site.
beerface702
+65|6708|las vegas
and did I mention the mountain dew logo sucks for the regular stuff now.

this Throwback label should be stock Dew..

old school Dew label..they had this label up till the 90's

not sure why they decided to change it

the pepsi logo on the other hand is kinda of bland..you will know when you see it. It's to dark...it looks like a rushed poor photochop logo.

but the dew one kicks ass...and I hope Pepsi uses it in the coming years

the recent Pepsi/Dew logos are just terrible..especially the Pepsi logo....it reminds me to much of the Obama campaign image..and is pretentious
OxenBreeder
+46|5781|KTRI
Well I'm glad I can finally Google Brominated vegetable oil

I Googled it years ago and got nothing. Now I'm thinking twice drinking a Dew, although I've never consumed great quantities of it.

Read health effects:

Long after consumption of BVO in test animals, traces remain in the body fat.[citation needed] Bromine is a halogen and displaces iodine, which may depress thyroid function. Evidence for this has been extrapolated from pre-1975 cases where bromine-containing sedatives resulted in emergency room visits[1] and incorrect diagnoses of psychosis and brain damage due to side effects such as depression, memory loss, hallucinations, violent tendencies, seizures, cerebral atrophy, acute irritability, tremors, ataxia, confusion, loss of peripheral vision, slurred speech, stupor, tendon reflex changes, photophobia due to enlarged pupils, and extensor plantar responses.[2] In one case, a man who drank eight liters of Ruby Red Squirt daily had a reaction that caused his skin color to turn red and produced lesions diagnosed as bromoderma. The excessive quantities together with the fact that the man had a higher than normal sensitivity to bromine made this an unusual case.[3] A similar case reported that a man who consumed two to four liters of a cola containing BVO on a daily basis experienced memory loss, tremors, fatigue, loss of muscle coordination, headache, ptosis of the right eyelid as well as elevated serum chloride.[4] In the two months it took to correctly diagnose the problem the patient also lost the ability to walk. Luckily bromism was finally diagnosed and hemodialysis was prescribed which resulted in a reversal of the disorder.[1] A Pepsi product website notes that BVO has been used by the soft drink industry since 1931.[5]

In test animals, BVO consumption has caused damage to the heart and kidneys in addition to increasing fat deposits in these organs. In extreme cases BVO has caused testicular damage, stunted growth and produced lethargy and fatigue.[6]
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6429|Finland

drinking water kills you slowly too. imo this exaggeration of all possible health risks is ridiculous.

I rather drink what I want than drink only water and milk rest of my life.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6540|South Florida

Im_Dooomed wrote:

my dad drinks a 6 pack a day of pepsi
15 more years! 15 more years!
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6343

Mitch wrote:

my dad drinks a 6 pack a day of pepsi
If he has arthritis, or gets arthritis in a few years, he'll know why.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
ill try that cane sugar pepsi!

cool look on the label too.. very willy wonka ishh
OxenBreeder
+46|5781|KTRI

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

drinking water kills you slowly too. imo this exaggeration of all possible health risks is ridiculous.

I rather drink what I want than drink only water and milk rest of my life.
I guess I should have quoted this line only, "In extreme cases BVO has caused testicular damage,"

Last edited by OxenBreeder (2009-04-23 15:12:34)

iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6561
Mmmm..brominated vegetable oil.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6790|Noizyland

And it has come full circle. First it was cool to advertise "No added sugar" now it's cool to say "we actually use sugar from sugar cane as opposed to the substitute shit we've be giving you for years."

Both Pepsi and Moutain Dew are shit. When I drink Pepsi, (not bloody often,) I can actually feel it eating away at my teeth.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6460|The Land of Scott Walker
And here I thought it was just retro design, kinda like the NFL players wearing the old uniforms.  Must pick up some of this.
Brasso
+1,549|6645

damn, can't find any in connecticut.  i fucking love coke from south american countries.  the real sugar is the real deal imo.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Smokey7200
#Bill Cosby Squad
+10|5501
I just got my hands on the 20oz bottle of Pepsi Throwback and in my opinion it is much better than the regular pepsi. I also saw Pepsi Natural which is bottled and i had no clue if it was good or not so im putting that off for a day or 2.

On the other hand i saw the 12 packs of pepsi throwback at Rite Aid for 6 bucks , and im not ready to drop 6 bucks for that just yet so ill probably wait for another store to get it in stock for like 3 bucks.

I still havent tried the Mountain Dew throwback but from what i read it doesnt seem to great at all.

thats my review hope u like it

and oh yea the pepsi is much thinner and has a crisp taste when it is left out for a hour or so.

IMO Pepsi Throwback > "Pepsi"
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5717|College Park, MD
I'm gonna buy a ton of this stuff and stock up for college.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Smokey7200
#Bill Cosby Squad
+10|5501

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I'm gonna buy a ton of this stuff and stock up for college.
i agree but i would stock up on it, save it until u can sell a 12 pack for like 200 bucks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard