H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5875|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Grenades are the best way if you kill someone and you know theres a 99% chance an annoying medic will come running along reviving him, it makes me so annoyed though when Im a sniper and everywhere I go I face people and they just lob grenades round corners, or if I'm trying to cap a flag on my own, if im behind cover etc people arent saying remove them completely, Just give people 2 at the most, that way instead of lobbing them anywere getting stupid easy noob kills, maybe they will use them more tactically. Of course nothing can be done about standing behind a supply crate or with a support man, but someone standing behind a supply crate is just as good as standing in the open, not everyone knows you can shoot right through supply crates
I probably use grenades about once every round mainly cos i feel like a noob if i kill with them but i definatley think they should make the max amount ANY player can carry is 2, and that support class should ONLY supply BULLETS for guns, and no explosives, same with supply crates- that way, if you want a good kill death ratio and still want explosives, you will have to use them carefully, and it would prevent annoying grenades flying everywhere, its worse than artillery sometimes

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-04-23 12:39:18)

hacefrio
+4|6252
LOL?? Nades are for pros
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5875|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
how r they? lol what takes more skill, throwing a grenade in the general direction of enemie(s) knowing there is nothing they can do about it, or learning how to aim a gun in the game? or was u being sarcastic?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

Nades are fine as is.  Easy enough to avoid if you aren't medic whoring.  Besides, GL's are better at killing medic whores.  Give me more GL ammo!!!
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6461|The Twilight Zone
nades are fine, reduce number of ammo packs
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6422|Finland

more nades, less ammo packs
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6140|Scotland!

DrunkFace wrote:

Snake wrote:

Nade spam is what pushed me off of flag-hopping in jeeps/APC's and even city maps
In that case I vote for more nades.

I'm Jamesey wrote:

If we get enough votes he will reduce the number of grenades in public bf2, maybe making it playable and attracting players back to bf2 again.
I have a better solution, practice what you fucking preach.
Your stats:
10.75 hours game play.
You have thrown.... 1096 grenades...

My stats:
1861 hours
20,805 grenades.

Some simple maths say you throw grenades 9 times more often then me... Now please fuck off, you are the cause of your own problem.
Some simple common sense says I'm trying to reduce nades because players like me can pretty much nade their way to victory

Simple common sense says "making it playable and attracting players back to bf2 again" isn't me being a hypocrite it's me trying to change bf2 for everyone.

I didn't know you're only allowed to dislike grenade spam if you're bad at it
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476

I'm Jamesey wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Snake wrote:

Nade spam is what pushed me off of flag-hopping in jeeps/APC's and even city maps

I'm Jamesey wrote:

If we get enough votes he will reduce the number of grenades in public bf2, maybe making it playable and attracting players back to bf2 again.
Your stats:
10.75 hours game play.

My stats:
1861 hours
20,805 grenades.

Some simple maths say you throw grenades 9 times more often then me... Now please fuck off, you are the cause of your own problem.
Some simple common sense says I'm trying to reduce nades because players like me can pretty much nade their way to victory

Simple common sense says "making it playable and attracting players back to bf2 again" isn't me being a hypocrite it's me trying to change bf2 for everyone.

If it works then why not use it?

Isn't the point of making a game balanced so that everyone uses different tactics?

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2009-04-23 15:00:38)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

This game is supposed to be a first person shooter, not a first person thrower.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6280

DeathUnlimited wrote:

word
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6140|Scotland!

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Snake wrote:

Your stats:
10.75 hours game play.

My stats:
1861 hours
20,805 grenades.

If it works then why not use it?

Is the point of making a game balanced so that everyone uses different tactics?
If grenades are reduced from 4 to 2 you can't use them anymore now?

typically when I play public I keep 2 nades for throwing at bodies to prevent revives and 2 other nades to randomly spam at spawns for free kills because throwing 4 nades at bodies is just more risk of death than kills

I can efficiently still nade bodies with 2 nades, all that's changed for me personally is that 2 random people don't get killed or lose half their health around their spawn points.

I can't see changing from 4 to 2 doing anything but making IO less spammed, I can't remember the last time I threw more than 2 nades at once infact.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476
If you halve the nades then people will need to spend more time resupplying. It won't completely eliminate people randomly throwing grenades, but it will make more people ration them and only use them when they really need to.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6003

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

Hakei wrote:

I'd love to hear you on vent iMPaCT.uK, I bet you sound even more retarded with an accent.
Austrailian esports is like the retard olympics mate
That's probably the stalest call ever made, how many years has that been in circulation? Something original or nothing at all. Why would you call it eSports, it's gaming. Ironic you place the word retard in a sentence with an incorrect spelling of Australian, maybe a little less time 'eSporting' and more time getting yourself an education is in order.

On topic, if you guys are so passionate about less nades and whatever, why not design a mod yourself (Or just use promod) and distribute it around the pro players, at the end of the day why would you want to play public servers if it's going to be with bad players.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6330|Orrstrayleea
Because he'd rather whinge and complain about something he'd obviously too stupid to work around
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5692|SQUID
i win
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5913|CA
Destructible clays > less/more grenades.

But since we're on the topic, I'd prefer it down to 2-3, at least that isn't so bad, and I generally only use 2-3 grenades in a life span anyways (unless I'm an engineer on USMC charging Hotel )

CoD4's setup for grenades is almost perfect, one is not enough IMO, but 2-3 seems reasonable.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6585|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Better idea than this, instead of removing nade....remove Karkand, all the nadespam complain come from there, no Karkand no complain!

/semi-serious post
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone

I'm Jamesey wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Snake wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Your stats:
10.75 hours game play.

My stats:
1861 hours
20,805 grenades.

It's your choice to only play karkand, its your choice to only play IO and its your choice to spam grenades. Now stop trying to change the game to suit your very limited niche style of play. Grenades are necessary for more then throwing at spawn points and at dead bodies and sometimes 2, 3 and even 4 just isn't enough. Changing the number of grenades will not change the fact that karkand IO 24/7 servers are where the scum of BF2 hang out, but it will limit what everyone else can do in the other 20 or so maps.
.Sup
be nice

DeathUnlimited wrote:

lol don't be so literal, the only people who are really spamming are supporters, 4 nades isn't something I would call nade spam
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6566|Hungary
I dont really care about nades. Its in the game and its to be thrown. Maybe it ruins IO? I dont care if they spam their nades.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

.Sup wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

lol don't be so literal, the only people who are really spamming are supporters, 4 nades isn't something I would call nade spam
Talking in general here, but yeah un my opinion it should be 3 nades for everyone, 2 for medics, and no nade resupply from support bags. Possibly also slower nade resupply from supply crates.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
.Sup
be nice

DeathUnlimited wrote:

.Sup wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Talking in general here, but yeah un my opinion it should be 3 nades for everyone, 2 for medics, and no nade resupply from support bags. Possibly also slower nade resupply from supply crates.
Just take ammo packs out of this game, supporters never resupply you anyway when you need them- they are on the hill at US uncap spamming nades
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6661
If you remove grenades from the support class and reduced the restock from ammo bags rate you'd pretty much fix grenade spamming without harming the way grenades are used already
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5509| - | - | - | - | - |

DrunkFace wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Snake wrote:

Your stats:
10.75 hours game play.

My stats:
1861 hours
20,805 grenades.

It's your choice to only play karkand, its your choice to only play IO and its your choice to spam grenades. Now stop trying to change the game to suit your very limited niche style of play. Grenades are necessary for more then throwing at spawn points and at dead bodies and sometimes 2, 3 and even 4 just isn't enough. Changing the number of grenades will not change the fact that karkand IO 24/7 servers are where the scum of BF2 hang out, but it will limit what everyone else can do in the other 20 or so maps.
Says someone who has the majority of their hours on Wake/Sharqi, the two most notorious maps for vehicle rape and idiots.

You only need 2-3, IO and Vehicles alike.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone

.:i7|Batman wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Says someone who has the majority of their hours on Wake/Sharqi, the two most notorious maps for vehicle rape and idiots.

You only need 2-3, IO and Vehicles alike.
477 out of 1861 is a majority? Please try harder.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard