Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6516

1.5 sucks wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

im downloading stuff on limewire now. out of at least 5 years of using it ive never had a virus.
It's perfectly possible to use limewire without getting viruses/trojans/malware etc - the only requirement is an IQ greater than 70!
And an open acceptance of shitty quality music downloaded in badly-tagged formats via a medium that demands you spend heffloads of effort in order to simply build a full album, whilst all the while being completely ignorant of the fact that there are 101 other methods to download music in higher quality, in a complete album format...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
1.5 sucks
Banned
+11|5530|locked in myke's basement

Uzique wrote:

1.5 sucks wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

im downloading stuff on limewire now. out of at least 5 years of using it ive never had a virus.
It's perfectly possible to use limewire without getting viruses/trojans/malware etc - the only requirement is an IQ greater than 70!
And an open acceptance of shitty quality music downloaded in badly-tagged formats via a medium that demands you spend heffloads of effort in order to simply build a full album, whilst all the while being completely ignorant of the fact that there are 101 other methods to download music in higher quality, in a complete album format...
http://what.cd/user.php?id=119019

hi

However saying "limewire gives you viruses" is, nevertheless, an inaccurate statement.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6516

1.5 sucks wrote:

Uzique wrote:

1.5 sucks wrote:

http://what.cd/user.php?id=119019

hi

However saying "limewire gives you viruses" is, nevertheless, an inaccurate statement.
Yeah Josh, you're not the only person in the world with access to private torrent trackets... get over yourself and stop dropping it in every single possible thread and scenario. By supporting or somehow saying a positive thing about LimeWire you're promoting in some way, shape or form a program and platform that widely spreads shitty music in shitty qualities in shitty formats. Even if you can use LimeWire without catching viruses and killing your computer, the truth of the matter is that there's absolutely no reason why you should.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Microwave
_
+515|6701|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I use rapidshare for albums and limewire for odd songs + my mates sending songs over WLM is so fast both being on the same uni network

I gave up on torrents after loads of bad experiences - no seeders - getting stuck at 99% etc
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6243|Winland

Sending files? Over god damn MSN? You must be joking. Use an FTP server for fucks sake.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6516

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Sending files? Over god damn MSN? You must be joking. Use an FTP server for fucks sake.
If it does the job and it's on an Internet W/LAN, what's the harm? Pointless tech elitism. I think part of being a good tech geek is knowing what is suitable and efficient... setting up an FTP server to simply send a few .zip's over the University LAN is not efficient or common sense.

'Bad experiences' at using torrents just sounds to me like you need to learn to use torrents and torrent trackers.
Microwave
_
+515|6701|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Yes, let me explain the technicalities of a FTP server to non techy friends just to send a few songs. Get real. + what Uz said.

Uzique wrote:

'Bad experiences' at using torrents just sounds to me like you need to learn to use torrents and torrent trackers.
Any words of wisdom?

Last edited by james@alienware (2009-04-23 11:46:33)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6243|Winland

james@alienware wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Yes, let me explain the technicalities of a FTP server to non techy friends just to send a few songs. Get real.
Install server on your computer, enable anonymous uploading, drag and drop. Perhaps not worth it for a file or two, but it's a ten-minute setup that works so much smoother if you transfer files often.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard