CameronPoe
+2,925|6597
lol. Saudi Arabia = Islamic Culture. USA = Utah?

lowing just loves his generalisations. Keep up the good, incredibly repetitive and ultimately largely irrelevant, work.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-04-15 07:01:41)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6195|what

Repetitive?

He called for the other thread to be closed, and then started up this one with the same argument.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5792|شمال

lowing wrote:

THe Saudi judge USES Sharia LAW as his resoning for saying this stuff is legal. It is not a failure of the judge, it is a failure of Sharia Law.
Thats your opinion. Thats not facts. You can choose to belive in anything, it is a free world.

lowing wrote:

Your link varified exactly what Muhammad did, and it justified it as a practice of the times. A practice Jesus did not take part of, and a practice that is still considered legal, based on the teachings handed down by Muhammad.
What eva.. just bla bla bla, thats what coming from you.

Have a nice day
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6693|USA

Varegg wrote:

But tell me this lowing ... does m3thod have to marry and fuck an 8 year old to be a good muslim, because reading your posts that is exactly what you point out ... correct me if I'm wrong ...
Nope, I take it as, he is ALLOWED to do this, he is not required to.

He would NOT be considered a "bad Muslim" for marrying an 8 year old, according to Sharia Law. Right?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6693|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing just loves his generalisations. Keep up the good, incredibly repetitive and ultimately largely irrelevant, work.
I know Cam, "YOU"RE GENERALIZING" is the universal fall back position in this forum. Never mind, that the OP addresses the law for the ENTIRE nation, not really sure how you can say I am generalizing. Using Sharia LAw to justify child molestation in the 21st century is appalling, it is not a generalization. Or are you saying this law is not applicable to Muslims in general, when they want to use it within their religion?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6195|what

lowing wrote:

He would NOT be considered a "bad Muslim" for marrying an 8 year old, according to Sharia Law. Right?
Maybe you should read up on some?

ot:

I'm pulling this from wiki, but I did find the bold section funny:

Sunni Islamic law allows husbands to divorce their wives by just saying talaq ("I divorce you") three times. In 2003 a Malaysian court ruled that, under Sharia law, a man may divorce his wife via text messaging as long as the message was clear and unequivocal.[104] The divorced wife always keeps her dowry from when she was married, and is given child support until the age of weaning. The mother is usually granted custody of the child.[105] The divorced wife also receives spousal support for three months after the divorce until it can be determined whether she is pregnant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Women
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6693|USA

Beduin wrote:

lowing wrote:

THe Saudi judge USES Sharia LAW as his resoning for saying this stuff is legal. It is not a failure of the judge, it is a failure of Sharia Law.
Thats your opinion. Thats not facts. You can choose to belive in anything, it is a free world.

lowing wrote:

Your link varified exactly what Muhammad did, and it justified it as a practice of the times. A practice Jesus did not take part of, and a practice that is still considered legal, based on the teachings handed down by Muhammad.
What eva.. just bla bla bla, thats what coming from you.

Have a nice day
1. I don't have to have an opinion on this, it is a fact as to what happened, my opinion comes in with my disapproval of it.

2. again, another indisputable fact, opinion has got nothing to do with it.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6693|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Maybe you should read up on some?

ot:

I'm pulling this from wiki, but I did find the bold section funny:

Sunni Islamic law allows husbands to divorce their wives by just saying talaq ("I divorce you") three times. In 2003 a Malaysian court ruled that, under Sharia law, a man may divorce his wife via text messaging as long as the message was clear and unequivocal.[104] The divorced wife always keeps her dowry from when she was married, and is given child support until the age of weaning. The mother is usually granted custody of the child.[105] The divorced wife also receives spousal support for three months after the divorce until it can be determined whether she is pregnant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Women
I did read more and found this"

In practice Sharia law has sometimes resulted in women living in fear or disadvantage. In instances of rape some authorities of Sharia law require for an allegation to be validated, victims must have four Muslim-Male witnesses to the crime or else the victims risk being charged with fornication or adultery.[97] In Yemen Sharia law required compensation to be paid to the husband in the case of a 10 year old child bride who requested a divorce after rape and abuse[98] (the minimum age of marriage under Sharia law is sexual maturation"

anyway, so much for "generalizations"
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5653|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

lowing wrote:

rammunition wrote:

lowing wrote:

I enjoy debating with M3thod as well, but I can distinguish between the person and the religion. and the religion he chooses to follow is steeped in violence hatred and intolerance far and beyond any other in todays society. Saying this does not imply M3thod, the man, is a threat. His religion however, is.
MODS JUST CLOSE THIS THREAD AND BAN LOWING. THIS THREAD (AND SITE) IS BEING USED FOR HIS TWISTED VIEWS.
Why didn't anyone tell me I had fan mail?!!
reminds me of the "Hate Hannity Hotline"
benefit
+21|5758
it is frightening to westerners that the marriage of children is allowed

in saudi recently a judge upheld the marriage of an eight year old girl

it is disgusting by modern thinking ....i don't know how anyone educated can justify it

we get told it is a tradition but some people are unable to differentiate between tradition and religion
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6693|USA

benefit wrote:

it is frightening to westerners that the marriage of children is allowed

in saudi recently a judge upheld the marriage of an eight year old girl

it is disgusting by modern thinking ....i don't know how anyone educated can justify it

we get told it is a tradition but some people are unable to differentiate between tradition and religion
It is not "frightening" to westerners, it is perverse.

This is not JUST a Saudi occurance. This is allowed by Islamic law should you choose it.

and 8 year old girl who is being molested by a 50 year old man does not give a shit if it is tradition or religion.

The thing is, I am hated on this forum for talking about it, vocalizing my disgust about, and pointing the finger at the religion that not only permits it, but encourages it as a right via their laws. Hard to imagine, anyone would post against me on this. Oh well.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6674|Finland

I'm astounded by the fact that religion = law in some places. The Qur'an should have nothing to do with courts just as the pope should shut the fuck up about the use of rubbers.
I need around tree fiddy.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6332|Éire

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I know Cam, "YOU"RE GENERALIZING" is the universal fall back position in this forum. Never mind, that the OP addresses the law for the ENTIRE nation, not really sure how you can say I am generalizing. Using Sharia LAw to justify child molestation in the 21st century is appalling, it is not a generalization. Or are you saying this law is not applicable to Muslims in general, when they want to use it within their religion?
Fine lowing, have it your way. We'll all judge States like New York or California on the actions of States like Utah shall we?

Stop looking at the world in only two dimensions. Yes, the notion of 8 year old children being taken in marriage by older men is disgusting, but not every Muslim believes in the practice. And before your tired argument of "well, they're not real Muslims then", it is both redundant and pointless as I'm sure many modern Jews don't go around living their lives according to the ways of the old testament; religions change and evolve, islam is just a little younger and a little more behind the times.

No one on this forum "hates" you for pointing out flaws in the Islamic religion, they are just bored and fed up with the sheer multitude of one-dimensional generalisations you fill this section up with.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6332|Éire

DonFck wrote:

It's plain idiotic that religion = law in some places. The Qur'an should have nothing to do with courts just as the pope should shut the fuck up about the use of rubbers.
I completely agree that religion and politics should not mix. I am a firm believer in secularism. But each to their own, if they want that political system it is not really any of our business.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6674|Finland

Braddock wrote:

DonFck wrote:

It's plain idiotic that religion = law in some places. The Qur'an should have nothing to do with courts just as the pope should shut the fuck up about the use of rubbers.
I completely agree that religion and politics should not mix. I am a firm believer in secularism. But each to their own, if they want that political system it is not really any of our business.
It's not like we can force our ways of life on people who do things differently, can we? No, wait..

No matter how wrong we see it to be, it's unfortunate but true that nothing will change unless the change comes from the inside. Seeing that it wasn't long ago women couldn't vote in our western countries (not to speak of ethnic minorities) and now do, maybe these "old-schoolers" should soon try to figure their shit out themselves.

If an outsider forces change, it's generally frowned upon by the major population. And it's no wonder, just look at lowing and how he has reacted to Obama. Although he never voted. (Sorry lowie-boy, had to go there)
I need around tree fiddy.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6332|Éire

DonFck wrote:

Braddock wrote:

DonFck wrote:

It's not like we can force our ways of life on people who do things differently, can we? No, wait..

No matter how wrong we see it to be, it's unfortunate but true that nothing will change unless the change comes from the inside. Seeing that it wasn't long ago women couldn't vote in our western countries (not to speak of ethnic minorities) and now do, maybe these "old-schoolers" should soon try to figure their shit out themselves.

If an outsider forces change, it's generally frowned upon by the major population. And it's no wonder, just look at lowing and how he has reacted to Obama. Although he never voted. (Sorry lowie-boy, had to go there)
I completely agree, change has to be organic and it has to come from within. It cannot be injected in from outside. That is why I oppose the concept of "nation-building" and "regime changes". If a revolution doesn't come about via grass-roots level support then it is only going to be superficial and short-lived, and may only lead to more trouble in the long run.

Lowing never voted? ...I hereby propose that all complaints made by lowing about Obama on this forum be deleted as a matter of principle in that case! If you don't vote, you shouldn't expect people to listen to your political opinions.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6852|Nårvei

Tbh lowing ... you guys have some epic laws also

Alabama: Incestuous marriages are legal.
Alabama: Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.

Florida: When having sex, only the missionary position is legal.
Florida: Oral sex is illegal.
Florida: You may not kiss your wife’s breasts.

http://www.dumblaws.com/
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6693|USA

Braddock wrote:

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Fine lowing, have it your way. We'll all judge States like New York or California on the actions of States like Utah shall we?

Stop looking at the world in only two dimensions. Yes, the notion of 8 year old children being taken in marriage by older men is disgusting, but not every Muslim believes in the practice. And before your tired argument of "well, they're not real Muslims then", it is both redundant and pointless as I'm sure many modern Jews don't go around living their lives according to the ways of the old testament; religions change and evolve, islam is just a little younger and a little more behind the times.

No one on this forum "hates" you for pointing out flaws in the Islamic religion, they are just bored and fed up with the sheer multitude of one-dimensional generalisations you fill this section up with.
I NEVER said all Muslims believe this shit Braddock, it is established however that ISLAM permits it. Now I think you will better understand my differentiating between Muslims and ISLAM. Now you may better understand that I judge ISLAM separately from judging Muslims.

If anyone is "2 dimentional" it is you for not accepting that there is a difference.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6693|USA

Varegg wrote:

Yup and we give these idiotic laws its just due. We laugh at it. Kinda hard to laugh at what Islam allows as legal, for me anyway, how about you?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6148|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

and 8 year old girl who is being molested by a 50 year old man does not give a shit if it is tradition or religion.
Except there has been no molestation.
There has been a lot of molestation by Catholic priests but none in this case.

lowing wrote:

The thing is, I am hated on this forum for talking about it, vocalizing my disgust about, and pointing the finger at the religion that not only permits it, but encourages it as a right via their laws. Hard to imagine, anyone would post against me on this. Oh well.
Thats not the problem, you only point your finger at 'evil mooslums' and people who aren't exactly the same as you, you pick examples of extreme behaviour, exaggerate it well beyond the point of ridiculousness and then use it to tar billions of unconnected people with your assumption that they all hold the same views.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6693|USA

DonFck wrote:

Braddock wrote:

DonFck wrote:

No problem, I procrastinated on my absentee ballot, and was not very concerned about it anyway, since I knew my state was going red anyway.

It was a calculated justifaction after it appeared obvious that I would not get my vote in, in time.

This however has nothing to do with my opinion on fucking 8 year old girls, and to try and link the 2 is pretty rediculous and a far stretch to try and make a point.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6693|USA

Braddock wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I completely agree, change has to be organic and it has to come from within. It cannot be injected in from outside. That is why I oppose the concept of "nation-building" and "regime changes". If a revolution doesn't come about via grass-roots level support then it is only going to be superficial and short-lived, and may only lead to more trouble in the long run.

Lowing never voted? ...I hereby propose that all complaints made by lowing about Obama on this forum be deleted as a matter of principle in that case! If you don't vote, you shouldn't expect people to listen to your political opinions.
ALready explained, but if you feel you need to remove my posts, by all means do so, I already wrote them and you already them.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6852|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Yup and we give these idiotic laws its just due. We laugh at it. Kinda hard to laugh at what Islam allows as legal, for me anyway, how about you?
I haven't gone through the entire US constitution but I'm sure something horrid could be found there also ... it's your fascination with Muslims and misinterpretations of their traditions and laws that makes me smile ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6693|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Except there has been no molestation.
There has been a lot of molestation by Catholic priests but none in this case.

lowing wrote:

Thats not the problem, you only point your finger at 'evil mooslums' and people who aren't exactly the same as you, you pick examples of extreme behaviour, exaggerate it well beyond the point of ridiculousness and then use it to tar billions of unconnected people with your assumption that they all hold the same views.
1, you are in denial

2. I say nothing about "Mooslims" in fact, I do not say anything about Muslims either. I speak aobut Islam, learn the difference, please.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6693|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

I haven't gone through the entire US constitution but I'm sure something horrid could be found there also ... it's your fascination with Muslims and misinterpretations of their traditions and laws that makes me smile ...
I have not mis-interpreted anything, Islam ALLOWS you to marry a girl of pretty much any age and have sex with her. This is established FACT, and if you are amused, I can not help that. I also am not "fascinated" by Muslims.  I am shinning a light on Islam exposing it for what it is.

Last edited by lowing (2009-04-16 07:20:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard