Maj.Do
+85|6753|good old CA
helis to weak!  c4 not fixed but cool, nade awesome! i can now bounce em
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6756
Erm it only takes five direct misslies from a helicopter on another helicopter to destroy it as it is, No major difference. Did that first view of the UAV show it crashing into that tower? If so tha is the scariest glitching I have ever seen in BF2, its just so stupid. If AT rockets are now that good at taking out air targets it means all helicopters are going to be ignored, everyone will just whore in planes & armour. Is it me or does the C4 in that video appear to travel further then before & explode quicker... Sob & we thought they would actualy fix things, alas the dissapointment.

I agree with a tank being able to take down a chopper in a single shot... but the MG's & AT Rockets...
Stephen_Sung_811007
+4|6701|Taiwan
Chopper fans: wtf Oh NO!!!
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6746|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol

Fuzzball_the_Shooter wrote:

The helicopter being destroyed by a M4A1 is bullshit.
So you're saying if a DU penetrator round hit YOUR chopper anywhere you shouldnt die?
Maj.Do
+85|6753|good old CA
the UAV crashin is BS
Defiance
+438|6672

The only thing I'm not for is the UAV. It's ok, but it should have more armor then 1.5 clips of M4 can hammer through.
skull6
+0|6719
So, AT missiles & tank rounds cannot take out heloes, huh?

Dang.  Why'd I train in doing so in Uncle Sam's Army, then?

I'll admit that it's very difficult to do so, but to think it can't be done is just thrusting your head in the sand.

Please read the paragraph in the middle of the page [url=http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m830a1.htm]HERE[/url] to see just one of many munitions a tank can use to defeat helicopters.

[url=http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/at4.htm]HERE's[/url] some info on AT4s.  While it doesn't specifically say "for use against heloes," it does say "...and has been used in multiple combat situations." 

Funny, it says that each tube with munition weighs 15 pounds.  That means just 5 would weigh 75 pounds.  Want to talk about "what can't be done in actual combat"?  Try running around with 5 of these on your back & still fire anything accurately.

The 4th paragraph of [url=http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/app2/q-11.html]THIS[/url] page talks about the flying altitude of a UAV current;y used by the US Army.  Given the fact that [url=http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m16.htm]THIS[/url] site states that the maximum range of an M4 is 3,600 feet, something flying at only 300 feet would be well within that weapon's effective range.

Let's "learn" & not "wish" here.  The folks at EA have done some homework, it appears to me.  It ain't perfect, but they're evidently closer to the mark than you think.
Havazn
+39|6695|van.ca
I gotta say I dont see too much difference in terms of destructive capability. I've always shot down choppers with a SRAW or Eryx. I've also hit choppers with a tank too.

Im not much of a heli player, so shooting them down with a .50 cal for me is a plus.

I like the UAV, just adds more depth to the game. And they can be shot down in real-life, so props to the designers who added that.
Gunny_Prixxon
+0|6713|atlanta

skull6 wrote:

Given the fact that THIS site states that the maximum range of an M4 is 3,600 feet, something flying at only 300 feet would be well within that weapon's effective range.
Maximum range and maximum EFFECTIVE range are two different things.  Maximum range is how far a bullet will fly if fired at about 45 degree angle.  Maximum effective range is how far one can be and  consistently put bullets into center mass of a target.

Does that make sense?
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
nades that bounce... that will make the palace in warlord far more interesting... or will it? it always turns into a toobwar in there, and it might just be totally crap - instead of people actually having to aim, there will just be nades bounced around corners, and a lot of fingers crossed...
caek
Someone who can!
+4|6683
Not to mention the UAV in that link is a different model than the one in game. According to HowStuffWorks (http://science.howstuffworks.com/predator1.htm) The predator UAV can reach an alititude of 25,000 ft.
OpsChief
+101|6677|Southern California

Kamikaze17 wrote:

lol there is no longer the C4 glitch and you can throw it farther.... haha soon to be fun times.

the GL will be interesting since you can launch it around corners and into things before it blows.
well since the 40mm grenade is spin armed if it stops spinning it shouldn't go off. Bouncing it off a wall could easily stop or slow the spin making it a slow moving useless slug....

What is the problem with Tank shots killing helos? That is not only possible but Doctrine in some armies. Unlike BF2 real helos need to fly stable to setup the long range guided missile shots. So you fire a mile-per-second SABOT round at it and make them duck or flinch and it misses.  Or pop one thru the cargo area on a transport helo and the riders might get sucked out from the vacuum thru the 35mm hole it leaves on the other side. Yes tanks can and should kill helos every chance they get.

C4 that is thrown should have a chance to misfire due to the shock possibly disrupting the detonator.

i guess we wait and see - maybe these broken fixes are why the patch is delayed.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

ghey, and that is an alpha test
s()mt!ngWong
+1|6694
Lol i like how people are complaining about how they hate the way the tank takes out the chopper with one shell. In real life one tank shell would rip a chopper in half. Its so damn easy to dodge a tank shell just dont line your self up with the cannon, fly higher, or better yet do circles around it, if he still shoots you down then he deserves the kill. Since this new patch will come out you will have to know at all times were that tank is or else BOOM! lol. Praise EA for the gl fix.
airborne916
+24|6667
That 50cal shooting the heli down is bull shit, and that UAV flys way to high to even be seen.

"The predator UAV can reach an alititude of 25,000 ft."
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6807|The planet Tophet
woah wait were their any uav drones on the game before?
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere
i think this whole patch is awesome!

i don't think any commanders will like the UAV thing, but o well, i'm almost never commander anyway so i could care less, and i think the tank vs. helo thing is awesome!!  too many times before i've hit a helo once with a tank shell and since it didn't die, it would go back to the launch pad, fix itself, and then come back and kill me... now i'll be the one winning!

and the GL thing is sweet! Karkand will be sooo much fun now!
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6684|Stillwater, Ok
Well besides the c4 i like everything else.  The .50 cal on the chopper is a little gay for armored choppers but on a blackhawk thats realistic.  A tank round into a chopper is A ok with me.  The helo rockets into and enemy chopper i love cause i can easily achieve that while dodging fire.  I think im going to love this game on a whole new level.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6807|The planet Tophet
yeah cant wait
Hurlin
+5|6776|Australia
http://www.youtube.com/w/1.2-changes?v= … search=bf2

better version of the patch vid.

With some other extras such SpecOp picking up thrown c4.
BerryBlastKoolAid
+0|6677
Damn... I'll be afraid to ride in helos now. Any map with a few Vodniks or antitank players will soon be a death trap - Fun!

Last edited by BerryBlastKoolAid (2006-02-01 20:30:44)

:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6750|Florida
I'm not questioning the credibility of the video, but how do we know the c4 footage wasn't taken pre-patch?  After all, it is the only footage not taken in Daqing Oilfields.
Havazn
+39|6695|van.ca

genius_man16 wrote:

i don't think any commanders will like the UAV thing, but o well, i'm almost never commander anyway so i could care less, and i think the tank vs. helo thing is awesome!!  too many times before i've hit a helo once with a tank shell and since it didn't die, it would go back to the launch pad, fix itself, and then come back and kill me... now i'll be the one winning!

exactly. I've hit cobras right in the cockpit with a tank shell and they dont explode. I mean, if a single .50 cal bullet from an M95 can penetrate the armoured glass, im sure a depleted uranium SABOT from an M1A2 surely can!
airborne916
+24|6667

Havazn wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

exactly. I've hit cobras right in the cockpit with a tank shell and they dont explode. I mean, if a single .50 cal bullet from an M95 can penetrate the armoured glass, im sure a depleted uranium SABOT from an M1A2 surely can!
thats the thing, in real life a cobra going 250mph cant get hit with a tank shell, it just will not happen. A 50cal bullet should not go throght because in real life cobras have bullet proof glass.
Havazn
+39|6695|van.ca

airborne916 wrote:

Havazn wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

thats the thing, in real life a cobra going 250mph cant get hit with a tank shell, it just will not happen. A 50cal bullet should not go throght because in real life cobras have bullet proof glass.
granted it is hard to hit anything in real life and in bf2 going 250 mph, but im talking about a hovering chopper, setup to tv guide me while in a tank. Hitting a non moving target in real life isnt that hard with proper aim.

As for the bullet proof glass, even the toughest can be penetrated with a large enough round at a high velocity. I couldnt find any specs on a cobra, but for an apache, according to howstuffworks.com, it can at least stop a 12.3mm round. anything bigger could probably bust through

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard