Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

https://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7366/civiliancarwarssigcopy.png
First tournament held on Saturday April 11th was won by the SPETZ team with a total of 8 Rounds won!
SAS won 7 rounds.

https://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1338/downloadnow.jpg
https://module.game-monitor.com/209.44.122.143:16567/image/default/bf2-01.png
==============================
TEAMSPEAK 2 SERVER INFORMATION
==============================
IP: 209.44.122.143
Port: 8767
DOWNLOAD TEAMSPEAK NOW!

THERE WILL BE TWO PEOPLE TO A CAR SO PICK A TEAMMATE!
The idea is to have a gunner, and a driver. The gunner should be Anti-Tank, if you expect a chance to win.

GROUND RULES wrote:

-DO NOT under any circumstance, rush to the enemies side and destroy all their cars! If this happens an admin will restart the server.

-This tournament will be elimination based. If your car is destroyed, you and your squad mate are out for the round.(Unless more cars are available at your spawn point.)

-The cars WILL NOT respawn automatically. You only get one car! (Unless more are available at your spawn.)

-Once you are OUT of cars, but someone on your team still does, you are NOT to attack enemy cars on foot!
This is a car vs car tournament!! Once a team is out of cars, they loose.

-Once a winner is decided (Last team standing with a car) the round will be reset, score will be tracked and round two will start!
You MUST have SF in order to play this mod with us!!!!!!

Here is a preview screenshot of the map [TUF]Catbox has modded for our needs:

https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/catbox777/screen193.jpg

There will be 12 cars on each side, (That's 48 people total, think of the carnage!!) the cars will be lined up on the East and West end of the runway:

https://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1061/spawnpoint.jpg

Should be fun if we can get enough people signed up and ready to go THIS weekend.[/b]

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2009-04-13 21:16:39)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

I'll join up providing I can make the date, I can admin ingame, but I'm not too sure how to get maps onto the server. Liquidat0r could help you there I think
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6271
Sounds cool! count me in!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
I r teh join
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6187|Canada

how many people per car?
I'm in you know that

Gotta make a canadian team.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5994
Me/H3AT.SEEK3R^ Will play :]
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

In
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6285|eng
Yeah why not. Anyone wanna make a team with me?
#rekt
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5998|Vortex Ring State
U mean April 4th? Wait, oh shit, somebody stole my key.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6409|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

M.O.A.B wrote:

I'll join up providing I can make the date, I can admin ingame, but I'm not too sure how to get maps onto the server. Liquidat0r could help you there I think
Excellent! in game admining was one of the things I was looking for Ill PM liq about the server, seems ive been pestering the wrong people XD

fermatx wrote:

No date is set just yet, but Easter weekend is in mind.

Phatmatt wrote:

how many people per car?
I'm in you know that

Gotta make a canadian team.
One driver, one gunner. My personal suggestions are having a spec ops (C4 ramming ftw :p) or support as your driver for resupplying your gunner. Gunner suggestions are AT or Assault for the GL. Just keep in mind the GL doesnt always kill vehicles in one hit.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5998|Vortex Ring State

SplinterStrike wrote:

fermatx wrote:

No date is set just yet, but Easter weekend is in mind.
Well, I wasn't jk'ing about the key.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

sweet!! I cant update this quite atm im trying to type on my new asus netbook w/ public wifi and the keys are so fking small lol...

Will a mod PLEASE update my OP with everyone whos in for the tourney , i dont have time

<3
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6714
I changed the sky a little and removed the combat area for more area to drive around... 
4 flags... 2 for each team... 12 cars per flag...uncappable(at this point) on the 4 sides of the runways...
I may redo the lightmaps in 3dmax?   will post a screen or 2 later if i get a chance...
Love is the answer
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6737|Comber, Northern Ireland
i will play too
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

Looks great. Wish I could join in.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6714
new sky...
https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/catbox777/screen193.jpg
https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/catbox777/screen192.png
Love is the answer
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Btw CB, how did you set up the teams?

I used to be able to do it, but now it seems I'm forgetting something so they either don't stay as I put them, or the map crashes.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

I updated the OP with names.

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I changed the sky a little and removed the combat area for more area to drive around... 
4 flags... 2 for each team... 12 cars per flag...uncappable(at this point) on the 4 sides of the runways...
I may redo the lightmaps in 3dmax?   will post a screen or 2 later if i get a chance...
Looks good. The main focus should be car carnage, so lets ignore the flags. I need to make a discussion thread.

WE NEED MORE PLAYERS! GET THE WORD OUT!
Hakei
Banned
+295|5994
You forgot to put down H3AT.SEEK3R^.

Pl0x to be
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697
I'll play.

If you desperately need more players, you can head over to tbf2 and ask them.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6707

12/f/taiwan wrote:

you can head over to tbf2 and ask them.
funny man rite hurrr, lulz.
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697

TehMyke wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Sign him up as well doomed^^^
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6707

12/f/taiwan wrote:

TehMyke wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Sign him up as well doomed^^^
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
No/Yes
+14|5940|California, USA
Could the server please be in Eastern US so everyone gets decent ping?
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

No/Yes wrote:

Could the server please be in Eastern US so everyone gets decent ping?
Honestly not sure where or what server we are going to host this on. We were thinking of the EU Unranked, but we'd all get pretty shitty ping.

Would be GREAT if we can find someone who can host this match for us somewhere in U.S atleast, preferably East Coast.

Names updated.

I didnt bother setting it up as team 1/ team 2. Should be able to figure that out once we start.

Im_Dooomed wrote:Rules of the tournament.

Here is my idea:

1. Have a set timer of say 30 minutes.
2. Make the cars NON-respawnable until the server is reset.
3. Create alternate kits that can be picked up in a certain area.
4. Uncapturable flags

With the above options, I believe the game will become focused more like an actual tournament, rather then an RPG rampage
Once there is two contestants left, whoever destroys the other first will win the round, then the server can be reset.

In the event there are two participants left, and they wont/cant kill each other (Say for example one team is running around the map hiding) Then a winner will be decided by the following rule:

Whoever get's their car driven back to the airplane on the runway first, will win the round (Perhaps we can add a flag by it?)

Finally, I thought, if CB ccan do this, have alternate kits that can be picked up along the sidelines. This way we can have variety, and if a team spawns with the wrong kit, they can go pick up an AT or Support kit, without having to suicide.Subject is open for opinions.

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2009-04-03 20:53:23)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard