SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6630|The darkside of Denver

Miggle wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

War Man wrote:

GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know its true.
How so?

Who says BF2s needs saving? And considering how few people on BF2s still play bf2, why would "BF3" somehow save us?

Considering "BF3" will probably be absolute shit, it will probably have a fairly small effect on BF2s.
i was just in the mood for some rabble rousing, lol.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Just to stop War Man from going on about how BC2 is Battlefield 3, here's an interview where the DICE guy says that it's NOT BF3, and essentially says that it's coming. The PC parts are towards the end.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fu … ?id=157481

DICE:
The PC audience have been on our case for a long time, they want something to play when it comes to Battlefield and we want to try to cater to that need. We're not releasing all the details we've got on the PC game at this point, but what I can say is its not just going to be a straight port. Battlefield was founded on the PC, when we do release something on the PC it's going to be a good game.
Interviewer:
Will it be like a Battlefield 3 for the PC players or would you say that's something thats.. for later?
DICE:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 on PC is not Battlefield 3, and Battlefield 3.. we haven't really announced anything about yet so thats...
Interviewer:
But it's coming apparently?
DICE:
*grins* You will see
Edit: And no the video wasn't posted on April Fools day in case anyone has any ideas

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-04-01 06:41:28)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Only thing BF1942 needs to be a perfect game:

Graphics (inc. Destructible environment )
Optimized netcode (hitreg is truly shitty)
Squad system (inc. VOIP)

NO need for that fancy air strike bunker, just have a playable bomber like in BF1942. Just release the base game as I stated above, and make the game extremely easy to mod!
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6119|San Antonio, Texas
http://www.bfhq.se/page.php?id=960&pg=7

The sound-recording session that DICE had with the Swedish military was partly related to BF1943, but DICE do have these sessions regularly to expand their audio-library.

• Punkbuster or similar anti-cheat software will be released for the PC-version. What and how it will work is yet to be seen.

• There are no plans of releasing a mod or map editing-tool for BF1943.

• At the most, 15 people have been involved in the production of BF1943. In the beginning, there was only Patrick, Gustav and one more guy.

• The units in BF1943 do not look like those in Battlefield Heroes, that misconception might have cone from the first cartoonish trailer that was released.

• The maximum amount of players for the PC-version is yet to be decided. There is nothing that says it has to be 24.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State
BF1943 will suck, that's my Official prediction.

Infinite reloads = suck.
No mods = suck.
PB = suck.
No British, Germans, Australians or Russians = major suck.
Ripoff name = suck.
WW2 setting = probable suck.

BF:BC2 loks good so far, though.
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5519|paris
Looks nice, put the part where he ran down those trees with the tank, looked too fake.

Oh, and this:

fermatx wrote:

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

The squad-system reminds us of the one that was in both BF2 and BF2142. One big difference is that you can choose to spawn on anybody in the squad. This can be very useful if the squad-leader is camping as a sniper or flying around in the clouds. The normal spawn-system works like all BF-games, you select a flag and spawn on it.
This could be interesting

As Gustav (cmd) have told us in our forums, the shots follow each other instead of spreading in a random pattern, but to make it hard to aim they’ve added a serious recoil.
Well this just made no-recoil macros a problem.

Last edited by ebug9 (2009-04-08 15:31:37)

GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5903|CA

fermatx wrote:

Infinite reloads = suck.
No mods = suck.
PB = suck.
Ripoff name = suck.

My prediction is that it would take a crowbar to remove your face from my genitalia.  Why don't you haters wait until the game is released to judge?  Thanks for your "official prediction" though, it was eagerly anticipated.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

https://www.bfhq.se/datas/users/67-54021534.jpg

https://www.bfhq.se/datas/users/67-74732514.jpg

https://www.bfhq.se/datas/users/67-87266459.jpg

https://www.bfhq.se/datas/users/67-80658850.jpg
firebolt5
+114|6126

fermatx wrote:

Infinite reloads = suck.
No mods = suck.
PB = suck.
Ripoff name = suck.

Um, how could it be a ripoff name if DICE created BF1942 and and this one?
Trotskygrad
бля

GravyDan wrote:

fermatx wrote:

Infinite reloads = fail
No mods = fail
PB = fail
No British, Germans, Australians or Russians = major fail
Ripoff name = fail
WW2 setting = probable fail

BF:BC2 looks good so far, though.
Thanks for your "official prediction" though, it was eagerly anticipated.
I bet. Seriously though, a little CONSTRUCTIVE criticism might help EA/DICE get it right, if it is emphasized enough. And if you want to wait to judge, why are you posting on a DEMO thread?

Anyways:
3 classes = fail.

TF2 - 9 classes, IGN rating = 8.9
BF2 - 7 classes, IGN rating = 8.9
BF2142 - 5 classes, IGN rating = 8.4
BF:BC - 5 classes, IGN rating = 8.6
As you can see, less classes = more fail. I'm not saying that IGN is the arbiter of all that is good and well, but the general pattern points to less classes = more fail as well. BF2s has TF2 servers, but we don't have a BF2142 server. Explain THAT.
Trotskygrad
бля

firebolt5 wrote:

fermatx wrote:

Infinite reloads = suck.
No mods = suck.
PB = suck.
Ripoff name = suck.

BF:BC2 looks good so far, though.
Um, how could it be a ripoff name if DICE created BF1942 and and this one?
Fine fine, CoD5 ripoffs = fail. And the name is sorta lame, couldn't they be a bit more creative? What's next, BF2143?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Just get rid of the replenish ammo system EA/Dice and I am hyped up for this. Oh and if the bf1943 turns out to be shit go make a ww2 mod for BC2 PEOPLE!!!
Jesus Christ ebug, is there any more pics you'd like to add so you can freeze my PS3 up?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

War Man wrote:

Just get rid of the replenish ammo system EA/Dice and I am hyped up for this. Oh and if the bf1943 turns out to be shit go make a ww2 mod for BC2 PEOPLE!!!
Jesus Christ ebug, is there any more pics you'd like to add so you can freeze my PS3 up?
Why the fuck are you browsing the internet on a PS3 anyway?
Trotskygrad
бля

ebug9 wrote:

War Man wrote:

Why the fuck are you browsing the internet on a PS3 anyway?
Cause he is.

And mods > originals. Just look @ the WW2 extended mod for Vietnam... That was kickass.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

fermatx wrote:

Anyways:
3 classes = fail.

TF2 - 9 classes, IGN rating = 8.9
BF2 - 7 classes, IGN rating = 8.9
BF2142 - 5 classes, IGN rating = 8.4
BF:BC - 5 classes, IGN rating = 8.6
As you can see, less classes = more fail. I'm not saying that IGN is the arbiter of all that is good and well, but the general pattern points to less classes = more fail as well. BF2s has TF2 servers, but we don't have a BF2142 server. Explain THAT.
I prefer fewer classes as it adds more distinguishing and variety to it. Oh and bf2142 has 4 classes, 4 CLASSES. What difference does 1 less class than bf2142 make anyway?

@ebug, my comp is broke so I need a way to browse the internet and the PS3 just happened to have a browser for me, it may be shit but it is good enough.

Last edited by War Man (2009-04-08 16:32:03)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard