Poll

Does ur Xfire work in-game??

Yes, its fine72%72% - 50
No, its bein gaey27%27% - 19
Total: 69
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6299

I've been wondering this for sometime now...The xfire in-game chat windows stopped working for me months ago, and with all the patching and updating xfire does, it still doesn't work. So, does anybody else have the same issue when playing BF2? Does it work when you play other games? Or do you have to alt-tab to see what people are typing?

Possible fixes?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5652
usually works fine for me
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6160|Canada

No ingame for me.

I hear when someone types to me, but I don't see it in game. I need to alt+tab to be able to see it... which defeats the purpose.
It used to work, but haven't for a long time.
gnot<3
Leave blank to use forum default.
+45|5525
ya same here
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6299

i tried changing the key combo for the in-game option, and nothing i use works.

Speaking of which, how the hell can a person expect to press scroll lock x easily? lol

Screenshots work though
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

Works fine and alt+c ftw
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6406
Works fine for me I use the standard skin.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6567|Michigan, USA
Had a similar issue, when you running multiple overlays.  Mine turned out to be Fraps.  Simply didn't run fraps and Xfire came up proper. Overlays don't like running concurrently(see steam and xfire) and love to glitch each other out.  That said I havent played BF2 in several months, so this may have changed.
$tayGold
Be Eazy!
+10|5503|USA
I had ingame stop working but I just reinstalled xfire and it worked fine. Hope that helps.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6299

r2zoo wrote:

Had a similar issue, when you running multiple overlays.  Mine turned out to be Fraps.  Simply didn't run fraps and Xfire came up proper. Overlays don't like running concurrently(see steam and xfire) and love to glitch each other out.  That said I havent played BF2 in several months, so this may have changed.
Well, I do run wide screen fixer and joy2key on a regular basis, but not fraps. I haven't bothered with uninstalling xfire yet, but I'll give it a try tonight.
Laika
+75|5914
I did something and it just started working for me again. Can't remember what though.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5966
Have the same problem, annoying as fuck.
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6492|Polish state of EU
On my PC there is like 1 to 9 chance that it will not appear in game -.-
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6531
eh, just go to tools/options/games and make sure bf2 is under your installed games and that it is set to automatically detect....simple really lol.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

Mr.E wrote:

eh, just go to tools/options/games and make sure bf2 is under your installed games and that it is set to automatically detect....simple really lol.
i nailed a girl from louth last week. good times.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Longbow
+163|6617|Odessa, Ukraine

r2zoo wrote:

this
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5565|Dublin, Ireland
It's buggy as hell. Turns on and off as it likes, and its even worse if you alt-tab and chat, some conversations appear ingame and some don't.

But its aight

FatherTed wrote:

Mr.E wrote:

i nailed a girl from louth last week. good times.
Louth...

Door is top right mate

E: Mr.E = Dandy?

Last edited by Oisín | Irishpride (2009-03-29 10:47:07)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon
mine crashes like a mofo... i barely use it in-game
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6299

Xfire is working for me. I guess it was fraps this time, but I've only been running fraps for the last week or so, and xfire has been busted for longer then that

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard