Poll

Is changing the name to "One World Trade Center" unpatriotic?

Yes22%22% - 12
No77%77% - 42
Total: 54
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6722

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Omgshitfight.
Far from. Moar like OmgJewfight. No, but really, I write with the gentlest of suggestion.
Well seeing as Jews did WTC, I don't see the point of this.
Don't let one Jew (Kyle) ruin it for the lot of us.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6694|NT, like Mick Dundee

Superior Mind wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Surely you don't see the Manhattan skyline as often as I do.
Omgshitfight.
Far from. Moar like OmgJewfight. No, but really, I write with the gentlest of suggestion.
Which is why I wrote shitfight.

M8 if you ever rage at anybody I'll be like zomfgww3holyshitduckandcover.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5731|College Park, MD

AussieReaper wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I didn't want to stand in the freezing cold with a bunch of tourists and then trek for hours to the metro. It's historic, but not worth that. Maybe when a dog or a fennec fox is elected president I'll stand out in the harsh DC cold for 12 hours.
But that is what patriotism is all about, you fool!
Imagine one of these as president:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Fennec_Fox_%40_Africa_Alive%2C_Lowestoft.jpg/800px-Fennec_Fox_%40_Africa_Alive%2C_Lowestoft.jpg

Now THAT'S an inauguration I'd see.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6722

Flecco wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Omgshitfight.

What? Is it because it is me specifically raging, or just that you like to call raging straight quick?
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Superior Mind wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

What? Is it because it is me specifically raging, or just that you like to call raging straight quick?
Dw. We're not on the same page m8.

Shit we aren't even on the same continent or even in the same hemisphere.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6722

Flecco wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Dw? What's going on? .
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6567|Long Island, New York

Superior Mind wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Kinda off topic: I can't really imagine the twin towers on the sky line anymore. I've forgotten what it was like.
I can. And I still can't believe they don't exist anymore.
Well, you've gotten used to it. I go around 4-7 times a year, and it still really hasn't sunk in yet.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6722

Poseidon wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Well, you've gotten used to it. I go around 4-7 times a year, and it still really hasn't sunk in yet.
Sounds about right. That's what I was getting at.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Superior Mind wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Dw? What's going on? .
Dw = Don't worry.

I've never seen you post anything combative/aggresive/argumentative or really flame the hell out of somebody and that to see you say something like that to Pissydon was like rage from another member so I wrote omgshitfight. If you every tell anybody on here to 'Fuck off you fudgepacking cuntface' I'll think ww3 has broken out. Or the sky is falling or something.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6722

Flecco wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Dw? What's going on? .
Dw = Don't worry.

I've never seen you post anything combative/aggresive/argumentative or really flame the hell out of somebody and that to see you say something like that to Pissydon was like rage from another member so I wrote omgshitfight. If you every tell anybody on here to 'Fuck off you fudgepacking cuntface' I'll think ww3 has broken out. Or the sky is falling or something.
I'm a strict moderate.
I like being neutral, or at least chill. It makes life more enjoyable sometimes.

I'm sort of in a state of emotional repose. I used to be seeming manic depressive. In recent times I have been enlightened to certain decent aspects of life. It happened seemingly overnight, my metamorphosis in to relaxation.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2009-03-29 18:20:15)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6434|North Carolina

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Not gonna read the whole thread:

No it's not unpatriotic. People who quantify patriotism on things like the name of a tower, the usage of lapel pins and taking off your hat during the national anthem are idiots.

@Turqoise I think the reason that people are still more... attached to 9/11 than the tsunami because the tsunami was, as you said, a force of nature. Fucking terrible, but nobody could really control that. Whereas 9/11 was orchestrated by human beings, people who could have easily at any time decided that they shouldn't hijack planes and attack a country.
Good points...
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6656|Canada

Poseidon wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Kinda off topic: I can't really imagine the twin towers on the sky line anymore. I've forgotten what it was like.

Harmor wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

I think "Freedom" Tower is a bit of a wank.
I still liked Donald Trump's idea to rebuild the Twin Towers with +1 floor.
Yep. I always thought that was the best idea. I mean, what an awesome way to say "fuck you" to Al Qaeda. We build 'em bigger, better and structurally stronger. Shame they didn't do it.
why rebuild 2 massive buildings with 80's architectural style, in the 21st century?? those towers were hideous...
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6744|US
Just get on with it! 

Personally, I wouldn't like "AIG towers" or some corporate name, but "Freedom Tower" or "One World Trade Center" are fine with me.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5640|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

Poseidon wrote:

http://freedombusinessbroker.org/images … ower-2.jpg

I don't care about the name at this point. It's gonna be amazing to look at from Liberty Island.
It's very shiny, makes for kind of an easy target, easy to spot.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6567|Long Island, New York

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Harmor wrote:

I still liked Donald Trump's idea to rebuild the Twin Towers with +1 floor.
Yep. I always thought that was the best idea. I mean, what an awesome way to say "fuck you" to Al Qaeda. We build 'em bigger, better and structurally stronger. Shame they didn't do it.
why rebuild 2 massive buildings with 80's architectural style, in the 21st century?? those towers were hideous...
I don't think you read the part of my post where I said "bigger, better and structurally stronger".

nickb64 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

http://freedombusinessbroker.org/images … ower-2.jpg

I don't care about the name at this point. It's gonna be amazing to look at from Liberty Island.
It's very shiny, makes for kind of an easy target, easy to spot.
You mean like most skyscrapers...?
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6661|Finland

Freedom Fries, Freedom Tower, Freedom Whatever. One World Trade Center sounds much better.
I need around tree fiddy.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6714|Espoo, Finland
Just call it World Trade Center...
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6701|UK
ozzie B woz ere
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Gawwad wrote:

Just call it World Trade Center...
That and 'One World Trade Center' sounds...

Retarded.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6661|Finland

It certainly sounds better than Freedom Tower though. Name it Giant Fallic Symbol Tower or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Tower, but not Freedom Tower.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

DonFck wrote:

It certainly sounds better than Freedom Tower though. Name it Giant Fallic Symbol Tower or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Tower, but not Freedom Tower.
Center for Unbridled Capitalist Greed sounds good to me tbh.

And no, putting 'One' in front of World Trade Center is just as retarded as calling it the Freedom Tower imo.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6661|Finland

Flecco wrote:

DonFck wrote:

And no, putting 'One' in front of World Trade Center is just as retarded as calling it the Freedom Tower imo.
I think otherwise. The "One World" thing makes it universal, and not just American.

[the communist within]Also, it's a clear message of corporate greed being borderless and global. The tower is so high, you can see new 3rd world countries to exploit from the top.[/the communist within]
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6722

DonFck wrote:

Flecco wrote:

DonFck wrote:

I think otherwise. The "One World" thing makes it universal, and not just American.

[the communist within]Also, it's a clear message of corporate greed being borderless and global. The tower is so high, you can see new 3rd world countries to exploit from the top.[/the communist within]
The "One" in One World Trade Center refers to its address, nothing much to do with unification of the world.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

DonFck wrote:

Flecco wrote:

DonFck wrote:

That's what I meant though. The only thing globalised trading markets has done is divide the world's rich and poor even further. It's a ridiculous name for it. Whacking World on the front of Trade Center makes it a universal thing.

Putting One World in-front of it is just retarded.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6650|London, England
Don't you get it, One is not in the sense of "One World" it's in the sense of "1 World"

It's the address, I think the North Tower (of the Twin Towers) had the same address.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Tower

The address of this building was 1 World Trade Center with its own ZIP code of 10048.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-03-30 04:58:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard