Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6838|NT, like Mick Dundee

Added Multicore Rendering

This initial release is aimed at testing compatibility, so the option is OFF by default

To turn it on, go to the Options->Video->Advanced dialog, and check the "Multicore Rendering" option

Other Changes

Several performance improvements to decals and client bone/flex setup

A variety of alt-tab and mode switch fixes

Improvements to the way the engine initializes surround sound, fixing some specific hardware cases

Fixed a crash on exit in Vista 64

Edit: Managed to crash TF2 on a 2fort server already . Blew up an enemy medic in the sewer as a solly.

Last edited by Flecco (2009-03-18 21:33:49)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6579|NSW, Australia

[noobquestiontime] whats multicore rendering? [/noobquestiontime]
dill13
+67|6367

Flecco wrote:

Added Multicore Rendering

This initial release is aimed at testing compatibility, so the option is OFF by default

To turn it on, go to the Options->Video->Advanced dialog, and check the "Multicore Rendering" option

Other Changes

Several performance improvements to decals and client bone/flex setup

A variety of alt-tab and mode switch fixes

Improvements to the way the engine initializes surround sound, fixing some specific hardware cases

Fixed a crash on exit in Vista 64

Edit: Managed to crash TF2 on a 2fort server already . Blew up an enemy medic in the sewer as a solly.
Yeah pretty much everyome Ive talk to crashed fairly quickly after turning it on. I dont see a performance increase in fact im lagging now along with a few others.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6642

Flecco wrote:

That's what you get for playing 2fort!
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6443
Apparently loads of people are crashing. But loads of people are also enjoying much higher framerates.

I only have a lowly single core processor though so it doesn't affect me
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6948|Noizyland

I'm crashing. I haven't even turned the damn thing on.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6610|Brisbane, Australia
I'v got it on, dont really notice a difference.... (oh yeah I just bought TF2 2 days ago, im getting absolutely owned and im loving it )

Last edited by Machine_Madness (2009-03-19 04:38:32)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

NooBesT wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Wtf is wrong with 2fort? You realise Team Fortress started as a CTF game?

@ Machine, welcome to the club bro. https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w131/Flecco/awsm-2.png
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6612|King Of The Islands

Ty wrote:

I'm crashing. I haven't even turned the damn thing on.
My game's sick of Scouts and crashes when one shoots near me.

"o ffs not another one *BRRP*"
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Well, I'm going back to Office to be a dickhead with the auto-shotgun until they fix the random crashes.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6330|Vancouver | Canada
I haven't been crashing, but so many others have that it has been emptying out all the servers.

Valve is pretty quick with fixing things (usually), so it wouldn't surprise me if they release a new patch today.

Flecco wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

Flecco wrote:

@ Machine, welcome to the club bro. http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w131 … awsm-2.png
2Fort is an awesome map as long as you play it on clan servers.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5962|Catherine Black

RavyGravy wrote:

[noobquestiontime] whats multicore rendering? [/noobquestiontime]
Support for dual core or quad core processors.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6576|dm_maidenhead

Ac!d Tr!p wrote:

One of the members of my tf2 community seems to have discovered the reason behind the crash, and the fix...

The crash is a map issue rather than a multi core issue...

It seems that when a player is gibbed in the water, when the gibs hit the water it causes the crash because the reflections with gibs get messed up or something.

To prevent crashing, enter this command in console..

r_waterdrawrefraction 0

let me know if this helps any of you please, and credit to [iO]LightNiN for discovering this
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … p?t=826177
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6443
Were people only crashing on 2Fort and Well then?
Flecco
iPod is broken.

DefCon-17 wrote:

I haven't been crashing, but so many others have that it has been emptying out all the servers.

Valve is pretty quick with fixing things (usually), so it wouldn't surprise me if they release a new patch today.

Flecco wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

@ Machine, welcome to the club bro. http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w131 … awsm-2.png
Nah bro, 24/7 never ending 2fort on pubs with retards.

Treat it basically like a death match server.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6576|dm_maidenhead

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Were people only crashing on 2Fort and Well then?
From reading the steam forumsnit seems this fixes it and most if not all the crashes were because of it. Obviously 90% of the people on the steam forums just had it from 2fort as it is the only map they play.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Wtf is all the hate aimed at 2fort for?

Just because there are a few 24/7 servers around. Ctf is actually probably the mode where teamwork means the most.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6609
Being medic is probably the only thing in TF2 which is actual "teamwork". Everything else is passive due to how the classes are played.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6443

Flecco wrote:

Just because there are a few 24/7 servers around. Ctf is actually probably the mode where teamwork means the most.
Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I hate 2Fort because it's a very poorly designed map that more often than not ends in boring stalemates. There's several key things about it that are the cause of this.

1. You have to go past the enemy's spawn room on the way TO and FROM the flag room. This means that everyone you battled your way past to get to the flag will spawn right in your way on your way out. People you're critically injured are seconds away from a health cabinet.

2. One level 3 sentry gun can cover both entrances to the intelligence.

3. Spawn room on the front line (see 1) means that Engineers can get fully set up in a matter of seconds.

Meh there's more but you get the point. Yes i'm fully aware that you have your entire team to try and get past that stuff, but it doesnt happen. a) Most of your team will be defending due to how easy it is, and b) They have a team too.

It's just a horrible map IMO. The spawn rooms are the main culprit. If they were moved somewhere else then maybe the map would flow better. But as it is almost every game i've played on the server has ended (or rather hasnt ended) with stalemates. It's rubbish . CTF in general can be fun. ctf_well and ctf_turbine are both a million times better than 2Fort.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-19 17:23:20)

jsnipy
+3,276|6696|...

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I hate 2Fort because it's a very poorly designed map that more often than not ends in boring stalemates. There's several key things about it that are the cause of this.

1. You have to go past the enemy's spawn room on the way TO and FROM the flag room. This means that everyone you battled your way past to get to the flag will spawn right in your way on your way out. People you're critically injured are seconds away from a health cabinet.

2. One level 3 sentry gun can cover both entrances to the intelligence.

3. Spawn room on the front line (see 1) means that Engineers can get fully set up in a matter of seconds.

Meh there's more but you get the point. Yes i'm fully aware that you have your entire team to try and get past that stuff, but it doesnt happen. a) Most of your team will be defending due to how easy it is, and b) They have a team too.

It's just a horrible map IMO. The spawn rooms are the main culprit. If they were moved somewhere else then maybe the map would flow better. But as it is almost every game i've played on the server has ended (or rather hasnt ended) with stalemates. It's rubbish . CTF in general can be fun. ctf_well and ctf_turbine are both a million times better than 2Fort.
this map is older than you

ontopic: works great for me

Last edited by jsnipy (2009-03-19 17:35:42)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6443
I'm 20 . No it isn't.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-19 17:37:29)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I'm 20 . No it isn't.
Then the map was designed when you were about 6-7 and has been revised multiple times since.

Requires more teamwork than most maps... It can be played well if you have a few dudes to work with. I've had great games on 2fort when I wasn't treating it like a death match server.

@ Swinub...

Wrong. There is teamwork built into the game dynamics sure but a team composed of people using voice and coordinating their actions as a team is about 500 times better than a bunch of randoms just doing what their class is designed to do.

They really need to put VIP mode back in. That was a funny game mode.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6330|Vancouver | Canada

Flecco wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Sure, as long as you use "voice_enable 0".

..and if you're lucky enough not to have any weighted companion cube snipers who are too pussy to leave their safe little battlements.
jsnipy
+3,276|6696|...

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I'm 20 . No it isn't.
sorry i took a shot

This is probably one of the most refined maps in ANY fps. Not for the lone superstar. It will either quickly show which side is shit, or make for a long endurance battle.

Last edited by jsnipy (2009-03-19 20:38:36)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

DefCon-17 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Sure, as long as you use "voice_enable 0".

..and if you're lucky enough not to have any weighted companion cube snipers who are too pussy to leave their safe little battlements.

Snipers on the battlements are why I play 2fort. Two rocket jumps and I can spade them to death. Most don't check on top of that corrugated iron wall thingy either.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard