theboving
+0|5540|Denmark Hoerning
Hi
First response here
I have had and have the same problem. I have made some observations.
If the server have low ping (max 25) it almost  never happened. If the ping is between 25 to 35 it happened more often. If the server have pings above 35 it happened frequently. I have also seen it happens more often, if it is the same map being played. If the map changes it happens not so often. I have also noticed that it depends on the Video setting.
The worst parts is that on god servers being low ping, i load so slow now that i have to walk to the battle. That's is not funny on Jab if you are US.
So i thing there are more to it than just the server loading. I have the impression that the kick is being done before the map is loaded but is only shown when the map is displayed.
vucanes
+1|5523
I don't know what to think any more.  I do have a decent system, Q6600 at 3.6 Ghz, 8GB ram, velociraptor drive, and Hd4870x2.  Somehow I think this is a problem with BF2 PB function and Vista...sigh...
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6113|SC | USA |
Read the thread guys. If you load the map before the Server's ready, you get kicked. If you have a Raptor/Velociraptor and 2GB+ of ram its going to happen.

You've got to remember this game was released around the beginning of P4 processors and Nvidia 5 series graphics cards.
dondon
+3|6715
I get this too. I don't even have a Raptor, just some WD 640's not in RAID. I suspect you could slow down your hard drive by loading it up with a bunch of stuff (say 80% full), defragging, installing BF2, and then deleting the crap. Never defrag it after that. Basically this would install BF2 on the inner portion of the drive, where read speeds are slower as the diameter of the platter there is smaller. The outside edge is the fastest to read, just like with a CD. Sometimes in high performance environments, the drive is partitioned so only the first half/quarter is used, as this will physically be the outer edge, and therefore the fastest read/write performance. This is called short stroking. HD Tach has the fastest read speeds at 0 GB and the slowest at 640 GB (or however big your drive is). So I assume 0 GB would be at the outer edge, and 640 at the inner. However we want BF2 to load slower, so it should be installed at the inner edge, or as close as possible. Read speeds drop by 50 MB/s edge to edge for me. That's roughly 70 MB/s at the inner edge, which is comparable to a high performance 2004 drive - which never had problems like this (though the rest of the system was slower). Idk how well this would work for a VRaptor, since they don't suffer that big a performance drop edge to edge, thanks to 10k RPM. It's about 130 mb/s read outer edge, 100 inner edge. Still, it might be worth trying, assuming your disk isn't full of important stuff.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5749|شمال
I get that in some servers, not all
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
vucanes
+1|5523
I don't think slowing down your HD is a practical solution.  May be the next patch can fix this problem... may be.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5593|Dublin, Ireland

vucanes wrote:

Hi all,

I am using Window Vista x64
Windows XP?

Last edited by Oisín | Irishpride (2009-03-19 14:05:59)

vucanes
+1|5523

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

vucanes wrote:

Hi all,

I am using Window Vista x64
Windows XP?
I actually did not have this problem with XP x64 unlike the other posters.
theboving
+0|5540|Denmark Hoerning
Hi All
Well i have XP 32 on my computer and it is 5 years old and only one hd, so it is not computer speed that is the only problem. I also only see it on some servers as in earlier mail. I have a suspicion that it is also linked to the ping.
youoldduffer
+3|6561|scotland
yup i get it too and yes I'm on vista 64 and have a raptor hd, Do PB know of this issue and if so are they going to fix???

Never had this prob with XP 64

Last edited by youoldduffer (2009-06-10 15:15:05)

L.Sammy
+5|5637|Ireland

vucanes wrote:

Hi all,

I am using Window Vista x64 and I am getting kicked every time the server changes to a new map for "modified content".  I have no problem rejoining but it is extremely annoying.  I have installed the latest patch for window, BF2, and Punkbuster but so far no luck.  This has not happened in Window XP x64.  I checked numerous forums but no answer so far.  Any help would be much appreciated.
I bet you have a hight powered PC. Quad core? Big grafix card?

I get kicked for that same shit and its because i join the server to fast.

If you watch, you load really quick, click join and bam, kicked.

Dont change anything just live with it.
link52787
+29|6521
Just reconnect to the server.  It happens to me every time I play.  I get disconnect at the end of a round.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6321|Orrstrayleea
Ive heard its a registry problem, so when it happens to me i just run CCleaner and im fine
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6690
Its not a registry problem. As said your computer loads the map before the server. So your loaded map sets would be different and thus kicked for modified content.

Pretty much the only way is to slow down your load time. I do it by alt-tabbing every map load so bf2 would stop loading until i tab back in.
aimless
+166|6124|Texas
The lan center we play at has patched to 1.5 and now local and single player servers kick anyone who tries to join (modified content). Any ideas?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

This has been happening to me a bunch lately. I've tried updating PunkBuster, I've tried re-installing and re-patching. Still happens. And I doubt it's because my computer is too fast. I've been using the same computer for nearly the past 2 years and this has never happened until the past few weeks. I load up fast, yes, but usually there's one or two other people in the game when I join.
Chorcai
+49|6647|Ireland

.Sup wrote:

bf2gammer wrote:

the reason why is "if you have a high end system", you are loading the map faster than the server. There isnt a fix for this.
lol srsly?
Yep I get it all the time.
d3x74
+14|6646|NY
Same here, if I don't alt-tab a few times I get kicked.

It takes me around 10 seconds to load up a map too.
Acme1234
+62|6108|Melbourne, Australia

bf2gammer wrote:

the reason why is "if you have a high end system", you are loading the map faster than the server. There isnt a fix for this.
Yep, spot on.

Happens to me 8 out of 10 times. It's because the game wasn't built for todays high end machines.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

I'm still somewhat skeptical of the reason though. My system is nearly 2 years old and I've never had this happen before. How could it suddenly be loading the maps faster? I do defrag every once in a while and my windows install is probably only a month or two old. But I just find it suspicious that it never happened before up until the past few weeks.
Acme1234
+62|6108|Melbourne, Australia

mtb0minime wrote:

I'm still somewhat skeptical of the reason though. My system is nearly 2 years old and I've never had this happen before. How could it suddenly be loading the maps faster? I do defrag every once in a while and my windows install is probably only a month or two old. But I just find it suspicious that it never happened before up until the past few weeks.
Probably the servers you play on are getting old, and haven't been serviced properly.
blendiys
+8|6527|Belgium
Mabye this can help:
When you join a srever and you where not kicked yet, open the console and type : pb_security 0
than hit enter and close the console.
Good luck.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6842|Reykjavík, Iceland.

blendiys wrote:

Mabye this can help:
When you join a srever and you where not kicked yet, open the console and type : pb_security 0
Good luck.
Disabling PB is just asking to get kicked....

I think the alt tab trick is the only way to get around this.

6GB of RAM and RAID0 here, so it happens almost every time
d3x74
+14|6646|NY

Sydney wrote:

blendiys wrote:

Mabye this can help:
Good luck.
Disabling PB is just asking to get kicked....

I think the alt tab trick is the only way to get around this.

6GB of RAM and RAID0 here, so it happens almost every time
Ditto, 6GB RAM and Velociraptor RAID0 :s

Instead of ALT-TABBING I am thinking about writing small script, binding it to a key sequence and then executing a hard drive query application for 5 seconds...

The hassle one needs to go through in order to play BF2.
d3x74
+14|6646|NY

mtb0minime wrote:

Your system is 2 years old. The new systems on the block are screaming fast.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard