Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6568|Texas - Bigger than France

Noobpatty wrote:

More and more reasons not to be theist
Why?

If you're an atheist, who gives a shit if a doctor got excommunicated and the rapist didn't...when you don't follow the religion anyway?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6710|United States of America

m3thod wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

RavyGravy wrote:

wow, excommunication these catholics don't fuck around
Well it is Brazil. They're pretty hardcore over there.

Varegg wrote:

Religion - A gathering point for stupid people the last 2000 years ...
I take offense to that
Why? I don't.

List the top 50 dumbest events ever taken place in history and i bet most of them would have been done in the name of religion. It only takes a nutjob with a good mouth to get things rolling.
I'm fully aware of the idiots who perpetrate atrocities in the name of religion. I'm fully aware that there are a great deal of stupid people within the realm of religion (looking at you, Creationists + literal Bible people!) My beef is with the gathering point comment, which implies wholesale stupidity.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6690|NT, like Mick Dundee

Pug wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Why?

If you're an atheist, who gives a shit if a doctor got excommunicated and the rapist didn't...when you don't follow the religion anyway?
It's more the statement that abortion is worse than the rape of a child.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Pug

Flecco wrote:

Pug wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Why?

It's more the statement that abortion is worse than the rape of a child.
From a source which has no authority/relevancy for an atheist, correct?

And, given that I'm not a Catholic, but if you look a bit earlier in the posts you can see why...

1) no baptism = hell
2) you can adopt & they help you

I do not subscribe to either idea there...but that's the great thing about respecting the beliefs of others.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6316|Éire
I do get a certain amount of enjoyment every time I see the catholic church acting as though it has any sort of real importance in the modern world.

Fuck you catholic church, you are on the way out, at least bow out with some honour.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6797|PNW

Spark wrote:

This is obscene. Well done to the doctor, fuck you Catholic church.
The catholic church has red tape like any other bureaucratic organization. They view murder as worse than rape, and unborn victims of abortion as subject to murder. The law itself views murder as worse than rape, but you can easily see why they stand where they do.

Unfortunately, they keep far too many perverts hanging around to be worthy of too much respect in regards to moral high ground, and if they started excommunicating those, they'd lose out on a great many clergymen. 8*3

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2009-03-11 18:15:01)

BVC
+325|6721
If this took place in Saudi Arabia, the doctor & father would have gotten maybe 3 months prison at the most (more likely just a warning), and the 9 year old girl would have been stoned to death.

Last edited by Pubic (2009-03-11 18:42:40)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6697|UK

Pubic wrote:

If this took place in Saudi Arabia, the doctor & father would have gotten maybe 3 months prison at the most (more likely just a warning), and the 9 year old girl would have been stoned to death.
Well it didn't so either stick to topic or create a new thread where you can masturbate to your above fantasy scenario.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6368|California
Here's what I have to say:

mur⋅der

1.     Law. the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).
2.     Slang. something extremely difficult or perilous: That final exam was murder!
3.     a group or flock of crows.

blademaster wrote:

Apart from an overall regard for the sanctity of life, Judaism finds other reasons to ban abortion:

* killing a foetus breaks God's command to populate the world
    * killing a foetus destroys something made in God's image
    * killing a foetus is wanton destruction of part of God's creation
    * killing a foetus destroys something that could become a being
    * killing a foetus is an unjustifiable act of wounding
    * it is wrong to injure oneself
That COULD become a being. Yet, murder is killing a being and religions even admit it is not a human being yet (all though some people do). In my mind, you are a being once you start doing things for yourself; such as breathing or eating etc. If you eat an egg you don't you ate a chicken. If you eat caviar you haven't eaten a salmon itself.

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2009-03-11 19:34:49)

sad fish
+7|5716|California

Varegg wrote:

When you say that do you mean institutionalized religion or any sort of belief in general?
BVC
+325|6721

m3thod wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Well it didn't so either stick to topic or create a new thread where you can masturbate to your above fantasy scenario.
Hypocrite.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6368|California

sad fish wrote:

Varegg wrote:

When you say that do you mean institutionalized religion or any sort of belief in general?
I assume institutionalized/mainstream/main/root religions.

In response to a post earlier - if you named me any big national/international/world    conflict/war/battle/etc I could tell you a way religion was either a big cause of it, fueled it, or was otherwise significantly involved.
sad fish
+7|5716|California

xBlackPantherx wrote:

sad fish wrote:

Varegg wrote:

In response to a post earlier - if you named me any big national/international/world    conflict/war/battle/etc I could tell you a way religion was either a big cause of it, fueled it, or was otherwise significantly involved.
In that case, agreed...
Pug

xBlackPantherx wrote:

sad fish wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Just curious...

World War II
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5622|Vacationland

Pug wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

sad fish wrote:

Just curious...

World War II
Um let me see the Germen catholics hated the Jews because they had successful businesses.  They already don't like them because of some of the teachings of catholicism in the New Testament e.g. Paul blames the Jews for Jesus' death.  In the first epistle of Paul to the Thessalonians (2:14-15), it says, "the Jews who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets...."   So the Nazis use the Jews as a common enemy to rally the Germen people and gain control of the government.  Shall I continue or do you know what happens from there?

Last edited by Narupug (2009-03-11 21:11:03)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6131|eXtreme to the maX
The catholic church long ceased to have any connection with the real world.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6178|what

Dilbert_X wrote:

It's because what they are advertising has nothing to do with the real world.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6700|Canberra, AUS

Dilbert_X wrote:

Or its own followers. Make no mistake, the excommunication specifically has caused an uproar in Brazil.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6836|Nårvei

To clarify my view on religion ...

I actually believe there is a God or some form of "Morality" God or divine intervention if you like ... what I don't believe in is religion as it is practiced by the representatives of God on earth ...

The Church, the Mosque, the Temple whatever with its priests, imams and various other religious leaders interpret the meaning of God into their own fucked up agenda convincing people to believe so they can gain power and money witch in the end is so totally far away from the initial idea when religion first came about ...

Like when you value abortion as worse than raping a child because you blindly follow a supposedly religious book I say you are stupid beyond repair, if judgement day ever comes which I doubt you will be measured by your actions good and bad ... and aborting a child when you are 9 years old will not be held against you by an intelligent being responsible of passing judgement on your actions ...

All religious rules are man made, it's what man thinks God would have written ... we are all equals before God meaning if a rapist can be forgiven so can an abortion or being gay or whatever ... if a mother can forgive the man who murdered her son so can God ... that is religion I can believe in not some book written by power hungry retards 2000 years ago ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6436|'Murka

Varegg wrote:

Religion has been around much, much, longer than 2000 years.

Or are you saying only Christians are stupid?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
+1,182|6436|'Murka

Narupug wrote:

Pug wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Just curious...

World War II
Um let me see the Germen catholics hated the Jews because they had successful businesses.  They already don't like them because of some of the teachings of catholicism in the New Testament e.g. Paul blames the Jews for Jesus' death.  In the first epistle of Paul to the Thessalonians (2:14-15), it says, "the Jews who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets...."   So the Nazis use the Jews as a common enemy to rally the Germen people and gain control of the government.  Shall I continue or do you know what happens from there?
That's actually not the cause of WW2. Could be the cause of the Holocaust...but not WW2.

Good try, though.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6836|Nårvei

FEOS wrote:

Varegg wrote:

"Modern" religion as we practice it today is roughly 2000 years old ...

For your question I refer you to my other post in this thread explaining my view more detailed ... it's right above the one you made so it should be easy to locate
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FEOS
+1,182|6436|'Murka

Varegg wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Varegg wrote:

"Modern" religion as we practice it today is roughly 2000 years old ...
Modern religion as we practice it today is often based on much older rites, rituals, and traditions. I would say that modern religions are much less "stupid" than their predecessors. So the stupidity has decreased steadily since religion was started back when our ancestors were flinging poo at each other.

Varegg wrote:

For your question I refer you to my other post in this thread explaining my view more detailed ... it's right above the one you made so it should be easy to locate
And I don't disagree with your position regarding man-made religions. It's very similar to mine.
― Albert Einstein

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6800|Noizyland

Was the church fully aware that if the nine year-old had gone ahead and attempted to give birth, (even C-section,) to the twins all three of them would have most likely died.

Dumb dumb dumb dumb! Dumb dumb dumb dumb! Dumb! Dumb!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6801|Moscow, Russia

Ty wrote:

Was the church fully aware that if the nine year-old had gone ahead and attempted to give birth, (even C-section,) to the twins all three of them would have most likely died.
i pointed this out on the previous page but, aparrently, nobody's giving a flying fuck. zomg, who cares about the girl when their fucking religious dogma isn't being followed?!
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard