Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6303
I can not stand anything under 128
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5749|Croatia
I don't fucking care as long as the sound is pure and can be heard clear enough I'm happy
Ioan92
+337|5724
To be honest, I don't think this is what destroyed music, but rather the talentless motherfuckers who scream random shit in the microphone and create new notes while abusing their instruments. Along with those that love it.

Thats not music anymore, its cacophonia.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America

Bull3t wrote:

I've been using this comment as a basis and just came across my version of "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere" is 320, and quite noticeable when listening.

Fuck, I think I just jumped on this damn "sound-quality"  bandwagon.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.
192kbps mp3 files and Sennheiser HD202 headphones being blasted full volume on my Nokia 6500 sounds good enough for me.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6314

Apple just made it fucking worse and is now practically forcing people to use the shitty earbuds that come with the Shuffle (not that anyone would want one but anyway). The controls are located on the headphone wire.
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
This is splitting hairs tbh
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

Bull3t wrote:

What exactly do you mean by that?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

That disgusts me.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Bull3t wrote:

I don't think he knows. lulz.

128KBPS is a disgraceful quality. It's foul. Anything below VBR v0 or 256KBPS is horrendous. Even 256KBPS is pretty bad.

If you stick with MP3, it should either be V0 or 320KBPS CBR.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

Hm ... I bought a CD the other day and played it using a CD player ... didn't sound destroyed to me allthough my wife commented it sounded like the speakers had a malfunction before I told her it was supposed to sound like that ...

Trivium ftw

And yes ... you can still buy music hardcopied style ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

Varegg wrote:

Hm ... I bought a CD the other day and played it using a CD player ... didn't sound destroyed to me allthough my wife commented it sounded like the speakers had a malfunction before I told her it was supposed to sound like that ...

Trivium ftw

Even if you get lossless, pretty much all new music these days is amped up to hell. Even CDs. It's retarded.

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
Oh who gives a fuck.

If i listen to some wma rip, my ears don't start bleeding, neither do i have an orgasm listning to some flac thingy.

So who really cares.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Trivium ftw

Even if you get lossless, pretty much all new music these days is amped up to hell. Even CDs. It's retarded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ
With mainstream music perhaps ... there still are some bands out there that takes their own sound seriously ... like in the youtube clip you linked to you can check that by turning up the volume on your stereo ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Defiance
+438|6673

FatherTed wrote:

Oh who gives a fuck.

If i listen to some wma rip, my ears don't start bleeding, neither do i have an orgasm listning to some flac thingy.

So who really cares.
Evidently, you don't give a fuck. That's it. The whole not giving a fuck ends and quickly as is started.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

For all this mainstream crap it really doesn't make a difference if you're listening to lossless, a 128kbps MP3 or a cell phone recording of someone humming the song under the shower.

I think I'll go listen to schubert's 5th symphony now. Lossless of course
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6708

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

With the increasing ipod memory, eventually I can see the sound quality craze coming back.  Eventually, people will realize they can't fill 60GB of space on their ipod, and to get the most out of it, they will increase the quality of sound.  I don't really see what you are complaining about though.  Mp3s are better than cassette tapes ever were.
Scuze meh, but casette are awesome, there is a feeling with them you wont ever get from a mp3....Ahhh, i sorta miss the casette, and like Usmarine said, i can remember the time i would tape the song played at the radio
You liked that hideous hissing sound?
l41e
+677|6650

Like FatherTed said, my ears don't start bleeding if I listen to 128Kbps or MP3 or any/all of the above on crappy earbuds.

More to the point, my ears don't start bleeding if people I've never met do the same.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Bull3t wrote:

128kbps
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)
Apparently the new/next U2 album has been/will be engineered specifically to sound good when listened to using 'earbuds'.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
Listen to any experimental/abstract music, especially minimalism, at < 256kbps and then listen at V0/320kbps+. Then tell me there's no discernable difference. People that say they can't tell a difference in quality between their Britney Spears CD and their Kanye West iTunes downloads cannot tell a difference because the production is a fucking no-brainer. Listen to something cerebral that is meant to be rich in clarity and aural goodness.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6634

Uzique wrote:

Listen to any experimental/abstract music, especially minimalism, at < 256kbps and then listen at V0/320kbps+. Then tell me there's no discernable difference. People that say they can't tell a difference in quality between their Britney Spears CD and their Kanye West iTunes downloads cannot tell a difference because the production is a fucking no-brainer. Listen to something cerebral that is meant to be rich in clarity and aural goodness.
Like some fiddy, right Uzeek?
.Sup
be nice

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Apparently the new/next U2 album has been/will be engineered specifically to sound good when listened to using 'earbuds'.
lol must have been a contract with some earbud company or something. Sounds ridiculous.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Uzique wrote:

Qft. I don't mind mid-low quality with stuff like Rammstein (128kbps is where I draw the line)....

Philip Glass at 128kbps is a joke though. Still, I'm not gonna spend more than $80 for a set of headphones.

Last edited by Flecco (2009-03-15 13:51:59)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
.Sup
be nice
I don't go under 192kbps when listening to radio

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard