Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

Peter wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

I think the entire scout update should just not exist
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Kez
+778|5704|London, UK

Mutantsteak wrote:

Peter wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

I think the entire scout update should just not exist
You're a dick, I didn't say that.
Mutantbear

Kptk92 wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Peter wrote:

You're a dick, I didn't say that.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

Kptk92 wrote:

I think Sandman should just make an opponent 50% slower. Helps escaping which is a key use of the Sandman and also slows ubered opponents charging towards your base.
50% might be too little, remember you lose double-jump.

Also all you "I think scout update should not exist" faggots, go play another game. We don't want you here.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

I think Sandman should just make an opponent 50% slower. Helps escaping which is a key use of the Sandman and also slows ubered opponents charging towards your base.

Also all you "I think scout update should not exist" faggots, go play another game. We don't want you here.
1 person said it faggot.
Kez
+778|5704|London, UK
Well, whatever slowdown Natascha made the Sandman should have on impact for about 3-4 seconds, or even 5? w/e

or slowdown time depends on range of the scout from the 'stunned' target

Last edited by Kptk92 :D (2009-03-07 10:04:52)

Mutantbear

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

Oh I know you love me, I just hate the overflow of scouts at update time
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436
Why weren't people this conclusive about the sandman being an upgrade when the backburner came out?
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Why weren't people this conclusive about the sandman being an upgrade when the backburner came out?
Because the sandman wasn't thought of then? :S
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

The problem is we thought the gameplay was sublime before the Sandman came along, and it's forced on us. We can't just play the game with an old patch or whatever. It's there and it spoils the gameplay.

It's not so bad now though. Far less Scouts about and many are realising that the stock guns are better so stunning happens less often.

It still makes Heavy infuriating to play as though .
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436

Peter wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Just saying that when the backburner came out it was painfully obvious the +50HP was overpowered but it took people weeks to realise. Sandman comes out and first day people are calling overpowered.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Peter wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Just saying that when the backburner came out it was painfully obvious the +50HP was overpowered but it took people weeks to realise. Sandman comes out and first day people are calling overpowered.
I called the +50HP on the BB the first day it came out.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Well surely that would mean that Sandman is far worse? It's pretty unanimous. The number of threads about it at the Steam Forumsn is insane. Yes people there complain about everything but not at this level.

And it being overpowered isn't really the problem in my opinion. Its the very idea of removing ALL control from a player in an fps game. It just shouldn't happen. Ever. And the fact that it's incredibly easy to do and fairly quick to recharge just makes it worse.

I want it out of the game. It's not a case of balancing it like the Backburner, it just should be here at all

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-08 19:12:01)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6469

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Well surely that would mean that Sandman is far worse?

And it being overpowered isn't really the problem in my opinion. Its the very idea of removing ALL control from a player in an fps game. It just shouldn't happen. Ever. And the fact that it's incredibly easy to do and fairly quick to recharge just makes it worse.

I want it out of the game. It's not a case of balancing it like the Backburner, it just should be here at all
But the Back-Burner used to be the most OP thing I've ever seen.

And given how many Scouts with the Sandman there are (a few), compared to how many Pyros with the Back-Burner (more than half of the guys on the server), it was obvious that the BB was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more OP than the SM.

The reason people said the SM was OP from the start was because they thought it was before they got to use it. They expected it to be OP so in their minds they feel it stronger than it actually is. Also there are a large people who don't like any stuns ever and so anything that can stun is automatically the most OP thing ever seen, even when it's not and there are tons of weapons that are still more OP than the Sandman.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Name 1 weapon that tops the Sandman in a 1v1 face to face situation against a scout that can aim....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada

Flecco wrote:

Name 1 weapon that tops the Sandman in a 1v1 face to face situation against a scout that can aim....
A Sniper who can aim.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6469

Flecco wrote:

Key words being "1v1" and "can aim"

How often does that happen?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
A lot. On maps that aren't Dustbowl, Gold Rush and Badwater, 1v1 happens a lot, and people that can aim happens a lot.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Key words being "1v1" and "can aim"

How often does that happen?
On the Aussie servers the only people who are using sandman anymore pop it at close range and rarely miss.

Not saying I have a problem with the sandman, I think it's a great way of countering ubers, just like ubers counter sentries, sentries counter blah blah blah...

It is the ultimate 1v1 weapon in close-medium range though. That said, this is TEAMfortress.

Just asking you to name a weapon that will top the stun effect, which lasts long enough for any scout to kill most/all classes.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5985|Perth, Australia
Personally i don't really care if it's OP or not. I just hope that they don't fix it for a while. I'm having way too much fun beaning people and blasting them with the FAN.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Well surely that would mean that Sandman is far worse? It's pretty unanimous. The number of threads about it at the Steam Forumsn is insane. Yes people there complain about everything but not at this level.

It's probably the in-your-face stunning that got people screaming overpowered first day. With the backburner, until you're getting killed by pyros and see they're below 50HP you don't really think anything of it.
Eldu
+62|6108|Belgium
The backburner is not overpowered imo. You still have to be tactfull and can't just run up to someone, which u can with the sandman, u just run up to them, sttun and bat, can't even see how u make this connection.
Scout update is really ridiculous imo. I still love the game, just very sad they put this in.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6597|Michigan, USA

Eldu wrote:

The backburner is not overpowered imo. You still have to be tactfull and can't just run up to someone, which u can with the sandman, u just run up to them, sttun and bat, can't even see how u make this connection.
Scout update is really ridiculous imo. I still love the game, just very sad they put this in.
Not really, Backburner is easy to destroy people with, especially on maps with more confined spaces(for example, 2Fort).  All you need to do is run in, start circle strafing, and presto, you've got a bunch of easy kills.  Sandman I find no real issue with, I'll get stunned maybe once every few rounds, not a huge issue to me.  I enjoy stunning people as well, great way to get some "commentary" tossed your way
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada

r2zoo wrote:

Eldu wrote:

Not really, Backburner is easy to destroy people with, especially on maps with more confined spaces(for example, 2Fort).  All you need to do is run in, start circle strafing, and presto, you've got a bunch of easy kills.  Sandman I find no real issue with, I'll get stunned maybe once every few rounds, not a huge issue to me.  I enjoy stunning people as well, great way to get some "commentary" tossed your way
That's assuming your targets just stand there and don't turn with you.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436
The backburner wasn't overpowered because of the crits on the back. It was overpowered because of the +50HP. Now that that's gone, it's balanced.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard